What would be your choice for the next Disney park icon?

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Disney parks have some of the most iconic structures on the planet, most notably Cinderella Castle, and Spaceship Earth at the Magic Kingdom, and Epcot respectively.
If Disney was to make another park I am certain a lot of thought would plunge into designing the centerpiece. We've seen everything from Volcanoes to water towers, and Universal's Globes & Lighthouses.
If you were in control, what what you decide? That is the question I am asking as well as what would the theme be of the park, and how would the lands be divided? Tokyo Disneysea has ports, Epcot has pavilions.

Use your imagination! The only boundary is what's been done.
Kindly try to refrain from using the same type of structure like Maleficent's Castle as we already have castles. Maybe something more along the lines of a Pyramid, or even a car!

You can use if you would like for instance The Monsters Inc. building, but try to be as creative as possible, and as realistic as possible too. It is beyond unlikely that we will get a park themed just to Monster's Inc., but a park themed to Pixar with the lamp as it's icon is very possible for somewhere in the world. Perhaps Shanghai's second park!

spacemt354

Chili's
Disney parks have some of the most iconic structures on the planet, most notably Cinderella Castle, and Spaceship Earth at the Magic Kingdom, and Epcot respectively.
If Disney was to make another park I am certain a lot of thought would plunge into designing the centerpiece. We've seen everything from Volcanoes to water towers, and Universal's Globes & Lighthouses.
If you were in control, what what you decide? That is the question I am asking as well as what would the theme be of the park, and how would the lands be divided? Tokyo Disneysea has ports, Epcot has pavilions.

Use your imagination! The only boundary is what's been done.
Kindly try to refrain from using the same type of structure like Maleficent's Castle as we already have castles. Maybe something more along the lines of a Pyramid, or even a car!

You can use if you would like for instance The Monsters Inc. building, but try to be as creative as possible, and as realistic as possible too. It is beyond unlikely that we will get a park themed just to Monster's Inc., but a park themed to Pixar with the lamp as it's icon is very possible for somewhere in the world. Perhaps Shanghai's second park!
Here's a twist...how about no icon...just a lake

I've had an idea for a 7 Wonders of the World theme park...and in the center I'd have a World Lagoon with an Aurora nighttime display in the middle.

Around it would be 6 other weenies to different wonders of the world like the Grand Canyon, Everest, etc.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
C
Here's a twist...how about no icon...just a lake

I've had an idea for a 7 Wonders of the World theme park...and in the center I'd have a World Lagoon with an Aurora nighttime display in the middle.

Around it would be 6 other weenies to different wonders of the world like the Grand Canyon, Everest, etc.
Cool idea. That's sort of what IOA did, but the entrance has a Lighthouse, and is used for marketing etc. Would your park have an entrance to it with some 'minor' icon, or would it not have one at all. Epcot technically did this as well.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Anyone else have any ideas? Maybe we can collide them & create something mind boggling! I feel like this topic is a hard one, and people tend to just go the easy route, and use something used before. Great idea @spacemt354 for your creativeness!

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I have an idea for a mostly indoor theme park. Have it themed to space, so there would be like different planets, and each one has like a different spaceport, or civilization, but you cannot breath the air outside so you stay inside like a terminal there. Then there would be long stretches of walls with views of space with different galaxies. Maybe the entrance land could be very wide and be on a liveable planet that would be the only outdoor land, but then three different space gates will lead you to other planets which are indoors. Could work very well for Disneyland Paris.
A futuristic rocket, or spaceship could be the icon.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
The icon for my Disney's Cinematic Adventure park at Disneyland Brazil is going to be a reproduction of the Walt Disney Animation building.
That would be very suiting to a park themed to Disney movies, but do you have any ideas for something more distinctive like how a massive unique tree is or a unique volcano?

spacemt354

Chili's
Anyone else have any ideas? Maybe we can collide them & create something mind boggling! I feel like this topic is a hard one, and people tend to just go the easy route, and use something used before. Great idea @spacemt354 for your creativeness!
I like this thread! It's different! And also a hard task when you think about it.

Thanks for the compliment!

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I like this thread! It's different! And also a hard task when you think about it.

Thanks for the compliment!
No problem glad you posted your ideas! I've always wondered what if a new park was built, and I've asked people, but rare is the day that a good response is responded, so I thought maybe if I asked it on wdwmagic forums, and so far I'm hearing great things!

spacemt354

Chili's
No problem glad you posted your ideas! I've always wondered what if a new park was built, and I've asked people, but rare is the day that a good response is responded, so I thought maybe if I asked it on wdwmagic forums, and so far I'm hearing great things!
You're good! I remember you from the Choice you had some great ideas...even a piano melody if I remember right?

Not to sidetrack here, but if you're interested we'd love to have you for The House Cup coming up at the end of April! You'd do really well :)

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
You're good! I remember you from the Choice you had some great ideas...even a piano melody if I remember right?

Not to sidetrack here, but if you're interested we'd love to have you for The House Cup coming up at the end of April! You'd do really well :)
Thanks, and yes I did do just a quick piano tune. And I'd gladly join! I don't have finals until May so the timing will be perfect! Thanks for the invite!

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
It'll probably run through finals but since I have them too and so does everyone...we will work around them don't worry.

Glad you're interested! Thanks!
I'll gladly still join! I just can't promise during the second to last week during May if I am still in that I can fully dedicate myself. Count me in!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom