What would be your choice for the next Disney park icon?

spacemt354

Chili's
So I think I've narrowed it down to a top 3.

A Mountain - for its size and how it could really be themed to anything and be a unifying presence for the park
No icon - something like IoA, where there's a Port of Entry but then all islands around a lake in the center.
Hot Air Balloon - symbolizes travel and adventure, something that could also be aesthetically nice to look at in the center of a park.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I thought IOA's icon was the Pharous Lighthouse.
The Lighthouse is mainly just to let you know you are at ioa, and for marketing/distinguishing it from other parks as well. In essence Epcot could be compared as it is in the front, but in Epcot's case it serves for more of a purpose than just to identify where you are like at ioa, or to be a central point like the tree of life, or Cinderella Castle.

spacemt354

Chili's
This isn't my idea, but I think I remember someone on So You Want to Be an Imagineer? (RIP) doing a flying pirate ship from Peter Pan, suspended between mountains similarly to how the Avatar mountains at Animal Kingdom are being constructed, as the icon for a Magic Kingdom-style park.
That would be neat!
@TheOriginalTiki @JokersWild do you remember anything about that SYWTBAI concept?

TheOriginalTiki

I completely forgot about the floating pirate ship concept. Yea, I loved it when we came up with it. Pretty sure the only part of the project it was connected to was just designing the icon itself. I'm sure there was an E Ticket Peter Pan's Flight in there, not sure if we had a big write up on it or not.

My favorite park icon designed in SYWTBAI will always be the Clock Cleaners Clocktower for Mirror Disneyland. Now THAT was one hell of a project! Between the Clock Cleaners icon, Toon Town Tower of Terror, the glass domed Nature's Wonderland with the Firebird coaster, the San Francisco meets Italy styled Main Street...Amazing stuff in that one. Wish we could find all the individual portions and have a finalized write-up on that project because it truly is THE iconic So, You Want to be an Imagineer project.

JokersWild

I completely forgot about the floating pirate ship concept. Yea, I loved it when we came up with it. Pretty sure the only part of the project it was connected to was just designing the icon itself. I'm sure there was an E Ticket Peter Pan's Flight in there, not sure if we had a big write up on it or not.

My favorite park icon designed in SYWTBAI will always be the Clock Cleaners Clocktower for Mirror Disneyland. Now THAT was one hell of a project! Between the Clock Cleaners icon, Toon Town Tower of Terror, the glass domed Nature's Wonderland with the Firebird coaster, the San Francisco meets Italy styled Main Street...Amazing stuff in that one. Wish we could find all the individual portions and have a finalized write-up on that project because it truly is THE iconic So, You Want to be an Imagineer project.
I'll definitely look. I know I can get a lot of my old stuff off of my old laptop.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
This isn't my idea, but I think I remember someone on So You Want to Be an Imagineer? (RIP) doing a flying pirate ship from Peter Pan, suspended between mountains similarly to how the Avatar mountains at Animal Kingdom are being constructed, as the icon for a Magic Kingdom-style park.
That is the single greatest idea I think I have ever heard for a park icon.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
There could be a hot air balloon on top of a mountain that is oversized. There could be a U shaped lake in front of it with two bridges that go across parallel from one another. Different types of exploration lands could be there, each land could be themed to a type of forest ex. One is the Amazon etc.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
My idea for a theme park icon would rather depend on what the main theme of the park is.
•For a new Disney wildlife theme park, I would go with a mountain overlooking a body of water, and carved in the face of the mountain would be Earth itself.
•For another Disney movie theme park, I would go with the world's most famous cinema theater, and have it with a camera reel and a movie scene board on each side on the rooftop were people can see.
•For Disney's version of IOA or something similar to IOA, I really can't decide between a boat house, a palace, a mountain, or a lighthouse similar to the one at IOA; but; not get sued, have a different theme and placed in the park instead of outside the front gates.
•For the standard Disneyland park, a castle would of course be used, but this one would not be from one specific movie.
•For a Epcot style park; once again; I'm really in a bit of pickle, I really can't decide between a non-rotating globe of Earth, a skyscraper or a futuristic building that would house some sort of attraction, or a dome that welcome guest upon entering into a world of innovation, similar to @mickeyfan5534's Tomorrow City project.
Love the idea of a globe or a picture carved on the side of a mountain! A movie Camera, or reel could be the icon of a Hollywood type park stand alone, but I really love your idea of it being on top of a theater. Maybe one already in place somewhere in the world, and then modify it to look like the movie film was built for it. For an Epcot park like you said a skyscraper of sorts could work. Something in similiar in design to the Burj Khalifa in Dubai would be nice. Could be very pointy and have like some extended circular floor near the top that spins. Could be like yu enter and you feel like you are in space. The glass could be like Space Mountain, but even better where you look into space.

The90skid

Can we still submit ideas for this?? I have a few:
  1. A large, metallic tower a la the Eiffel Tower
  2. Mount Mickey-more (Mount Rushmore style carving with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy)
  3. Ayer's Rock
  4. The Avengers tower
  5. A MASSIVE stapler
  6. A waterfall
  7. A clocktower (think Big Ben)
  8. A totem pole
  9. Trump Tower (lol jk)
  10. A huge book or stack of books? Maybe an open storybook where the pages change throughout the day

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Can we still submit ideas for this?? I have a few:
  1. A large, metallic tower a la the Eiffel Tower
  2. Mount Mickey-more (Mount Rushmore style carving with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy)
  3. Ayer's Rock
  4. The Avengers tower
  5. A MASSIVE stapler
  6. A waterfall
  7. A clocktower (think Big Ben)
  8. A totem pole
  9. Trump Tower (lol jk)
  10. A huge book or stack of books? Maybe an open storybook where the pages change throughout the day
Late response:confused: But I especially love the last one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom