What WDW podcasts do you listen to?

Goofy36

WDW Radio and DISUnplugged have both been around forever - for good reason. Lou is great if not sometimes a little over enthusiastic - cant deny he has an awesome job though! DISUnplugged is also entertaining and informative.

I have started listening to a fairly new podcast Disney Travel Secrets - I believe they are at around 25 episodes so they are still finding their way but i do find it informative.

danheaton

Now the discussions are just borderline silly, and they spend most of the time off topic, with some guy called "the Greeze" shouting random things and being disruptive. Previously, I could always stomach the full episode even when things went awry. But now 10-15 minutes in, I had to stop listening. It's simply not quality entertainment. Don't want to be too hard on them, but I don't know if I recommend them now.

Yikes. This is the sense I got early on from the group. They liked doing a podcast and were more into doing a morning radio show type podcast than anything substantive about Disney. There are far too many good Disney podcasts to spend time with that approach, at least for me.

Joshua West

I'm a big fan of WDW Radio but I can see where a lot of people are coming from on here with how infectiously enthusiastic about every little thing Lou can be. I just think it's all because he's such a big fan and so passionate about the Disney experience. I really enjoy his top 10s and can agree that the reviews I can take or leave.

I also listen to Orlando Informer for News on Universal Studios, I'm unsure so far. Anyone else listen and have any views?

DisneyDude10

Here is my list and opinions of each:

The Best & Worst of Walt Disney World- Good. Part of the dis unplugged podcast network. Criticism and praise from locals on different things at WDW. They can be fairly critical which is often interpreted as being jaded. So much so that my wife won't listen. However, if you understand their history (travel agents, former CM's, locals BECAUSE of their love for Disney, etc) you can appreciate their shows.

WDW Radio- Decent. As others have said, Lou can be a fanboy but I can listen with ease. He is the over the top Disney parks fan who can be considered to wear rose colored glasses. Fairly good content varying from show to show for the most part. Lately the show has been live restaurant reviews and top tens. I wish they would get back to the type of content that they had for the first 400 or so episodes. The feedback he received at the close of 2016 was for more top tens and reviews in upcoming episode so I think that is why he has done so many of these lately. In the end, Lou is often hailed as The Godfather of Disney podcasting so he is worth the listen.

The Mickey Dudes Podcast- Good. A handful of guys talk about different Disney topics. 89 episodes in and I have been onboard since 10 or so. Quality content with wit and humor. Worth the listen to see if it is your speed.

Connecting with Walt- Excellent. Part of the dis unplugged podcast network. History about the Walt and Roy Disney, the Disney parks, Disney films, and Disney company in general. Hosted by a former Mickey Mouse Clubhouse member who actually had the opportunity not meet and interact with Walt. You can tell that there is great preparation for this show and the content never ceases to appease my appetite for Disney knowledge. The show is for one month each quarter. So there will be 4 or 5 episodes every 3 months. It's nice to have that break in between episodes due to the congruent, but Im always happy when new episodes drop.

Top of the World - The DVC Podcast- Decent. This show is hosted by one of the WDW Today guys. They seem to stay on topic way better on this show than on WDW Today. If you are a DVC member, or considering it, its pertinent information about the Disney's timeshare program as well as general DVC discussion.

Be Our Guest- Excellent. Mike, Rikki, and Pam tend to offer up varying opinions on virtually every Disney topic. Three shows per week; a trip report, listener questions, and a toss up Disney topic show. I rarely run across an episode (1221 and counting) that I don't look forward to and enjoy listening to. Family friendly and has that same 'Disney community' feeling that these boards offer.

WDW MainStreet- Decent. Some guys sit around the imaginary MainStreet pub and talk all things Disney. They do a news show on Sundays and typically offer a second show throughout the week. There are two northeasterners and one local who are the usual cast of the show. They can occasionally get off track but come back without too much trouble. Feels like you are listening to neighbors talk about the parks.

Disney Parks Podcast- Decent.

WDW Today-Decent.

The Dis Unplugged- Good.

2 Men and the Mouse- Decent.

Enchanted Tiki Talk- Good.

ResortLoop.com- Good.

Disney Dish- Excellent.

MouseChat.net-Decent.

Ill come back and update the post in the next day or two.

Cosmic Commando

3028, The Florida Project, Mad Chatters, and Unlocking the Magic have been added to my subscriptions as I'm burning through more content getting ready for my next trip!

Ommy13

I know this is an old forum but just wanted to throw out one more podcast that I’ve really enjoyed listening to... Disney Magic Hour. It started out with a little bit of everything but there big thing now is starting withe Snow White, they are reviewing all Disney movies in chronological order. It’s really well done with history of the films, fun facts about production and the reviews are honest. The crew is funny and easy to listen to. They often have Ryan Wilson of the Main St Gazette (if you never have, check out his website) who is well versed in all things Disney. Just anothen solid addition to the many Disney Podcasts

donaldtoo

Lou is seemingly a great guy, very generous and has an infectious love of WDW.

However, I am convinced that if Imagineers were to dump a large pile of manure on the sidewalk in Frontierland, the WDW Radio gang would harp on how wonderful and authentic it was. As well as how guests should be in awe of such Disney creativity, and that we should be willing to pay more money to see such awesome Imagineering feats.

:hilarious:
The first Disney site (and only the second ;)) I have ever joined was Lou's back in May of '07 when it was still known as wdwtrivia.com, after I bought his first trivia book in a local Barnes & Noble. They had a forum back then that was very active. Then, when he changed it to wdwradio.com, the focus changed, and the forum was pretty much allowed to die. It's all on Facebook now, and I don't have a Facebook account, and don't care too. It was definitely a fun place back in the day. I really liked Lou's early Disney/WDW podcasts. But, later, it just got all too "pixie-dusted" for me too, and I saw where this was all going about the time he announced his move to Central Florida.
Good for him, but, WOOF! with the pixie dust.
A bunch of us members from the site went to the since defunct "Mousefest" back in Dec. of '07 and we met Lou (others in the group actually already knew him). We did an EE nighttime meetup (back when the yeti was still in "A" mode). Truly a nice guy and it was fun meeting him.
Unfortunately, between work, life, and popping in here on my usual thread, I haven't been able to keep up with any podcasts in sevearl years.
I would listen to them at the office, but, with the attention needed to the work, that is just too much of a pain.

Anyway, the manure comment cracked me up...because, you know...truth and all...! ;)

danheaton

I know this is an old forum but just wanted to throw out one more podcast that I’ve really enjoyed listening to... Disney Magic Hour. It started out with a little bit of everything but there big thing now is starting withe Snow White, they are reviewing all Disney movies in chronological order. It’s really well done with history of the films, fun facts about production and the reviews are honest. The crew is funny and easy to listen to. They often have Ryan Wilson of the Main St Gazette (if you never have, check out his website) who is well versed in all things Disney. Just anothen solid addition to the many Disney Podcasts

I'll have to check out that podcast. I listen to a lot of them but hadn't heard of it. Ryan does great work for the Main St. Gazette, so the fact that he's involved is a big endorsement.

Minnesota disney fan

Hey
Long time readers, zero time posters.
We just wondered what WDW podcasts you listen to, if any?
There's certainly a lot out there! We are genuinely interested - this isn't just a plug for ours
We like
Enchanted Tiki Talk
WDW Radio
Daily Disney Blog
Mouse Knows Best

I've checked a few I was interested in from these sites, but I don't want to pay.
Are there any "free" ones out there? you know, like the disblog?
thanks.

Sue_Vongello

I've checked a few I was interested in from these sites, but I don't want to pay.
Are there any "free" ones out there? you know, like the disblog?
thanks.

Like free podcasts? I believe most of them are free that I know of ...

But I'd check out:

Retro Disney World
Backside of Magic
And my new favorite is:
Up Late w/ the Disney Crew but they are a newer show and haven't gotten into a rythm for posting episodes but when they do post they are just so enjoyable and I listen a few times.

Minnesota disney fan

Like free podcasts? I believe most of them are free that I know of ...

But I'd check out:

Retro Disney World
Backside of Magic
And my new favorite is:
Up Late w/ the Disney Crew but they are a newer show and haven't gotten into a rythm for posting episodes but when they do post they are just so enjoyable and I listen a few times.

Thanks. The ones I checked on were a pay for view, but I can't remember what they were? I'll check these 3 out!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I listen to quite a few that are mentioned here. One I started listening to recently is the Tiara Talkshow. She does interviews with a wide range of people that have some connection to Disney and most shows are under 20 minutes so it is a quick listen.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Window to the Magic. The guy is based in Disneyland but still a great show to listen to. He uses binaural microphones and walks around the theme parks. He's been doing it for I think 13 years so listening to his older shows are always great. Its my favorite Disney podcast alongside Be Our Guest Podcast

WildRide

Backside of Magic and WDW Radio are still great. Mongello still holds my attention with the top 10's.

Also found a new one recently called "Expedition Disney", three guys sitting in a bar talking Disney.

SugarMagnolia75

Not technically a podcast but if you liked the original WDW Today podcast, most of the group has been doing a weekly broadcast on YouTube. It called "That Thing with Len, Mike, Mike & Annette."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom