What WDW podcasts do you listen to?

World_Showcase_Lover007

Lou seems like a nice guy but I agree not everything can be amazing. I don't think I ever listened to one of his restaurant reviews and heard him or one of the guests not like their meal or the service. That seemed odd

Lou is seemingly a great guy, very generous and has an infectious love of WDW.

However, I am convinced that if Imagineers were to dump a large pile of manure on the sidewalk in Frontierland, the WDW Radio gang would harp on how wonderful and authentic it was. As well as how guests should be in awe of such Disney creativity, and that we should be willing to pay more money to see such awesome Imagineering feats.

GusGus1

I just last week discovered Dis After Dark. It is hilarious! Made by British people but they go through all the news each week, including Universal stuff.

danheaton

So much depends on what you're interested in and how much criticism (or at least honest talk) you want to hear.

I'd suggest the following:
The E-Ticket Report
Mighty Men of Mouse
Disney Dish Podcast (the first one I grab when new episodes arrive)
Retro Disney World (I love the topics and surprise info)
WedWay Radio (for history fans)
The Season Pass (more industry-focused but does have great interviews on Disney)
Tomorrow Society Podcast (shameless plug!)

I have been a loyal listener to WDW Radio since 2005 and WDW Today ( original crew only) After the original group left I couldn't stomach the new crew (WDW today) anymore. I was also a longtime listener to Inside the magic. I also liked Netcot ( before it just ceased to exist). Now I just wait for the Jim Hill / Len Testa projects to hit the airwaves. I do agree with other people on here about Lou ( WDW Radio) always spewing Positive Disney feedback and never any negativity. He does have good guests at times.

Sue_Vongello

Totally agree about WDW Today, I miss Hotchberg and Len.

And and I agree ... I miss Van! Netcot was a great podcast in the early days.

I listen to:
Disney Dish
Wedway Radio
Skywalking Through Neverland
The Disneyland Gazette
Up Late with the Disney Crew

FettFan

Overall I like Lou Mongello's WDW Radio...but sometimes I just have to skip it. Not a fan of his restaurant reviews.
I also dislike how he will bend over backwards to defend any idea that the Walt Disney Company puts out, regardless how ridiculous it is. He was a big supporter of Frozen being shoved into Norway, despite many of us "Box People" (as he calls the live viewers on his Wednesday night live shows) raising our Epcot Purist banners high...Lord only knows how much praise he's going to be heaping upon "Guardians of the Universe of Energy Because Peter Quill Visited Epcot Center Back Before He Was Abducted By Yondu So It Makes Sense Kind Of" this coming Wednesday.

I also listen to "Creating Disney Magic" with former VP of Resort Operations Lee Cockerell. Mostly him talking about his career, motivational speaking and such.

The "RetroWDW" podcast is always wonderful and focuses on history of extinct attractions, including the different variations. Just last week they released 'Mission to Mars'.

And I still wish Jeff Heimbuch and George Taylor would bring back "Communicore Weekly".

World_Showcase_Lover007

I have been a loyal listener to WDW Radio since 2005 and WDW Today ( original crew only) After the original group left I couldn't stomach the new crew (WDW today) anymore.

I generally agree about the WDW Today comments. I occasionally still listen to them (I still like Listener Questions with Len), but the new guys talk about everything except Disney World.They ramble on about random, meaningless things (i.e. WWE wrestling). They also spend a ridiculous amount of time discussing non-Disney things to do in Orlando. But guess what? That's not why I listen. I listen to hear about Disney and Disney World specifically, as I could listen to some other podcast if I wanted to know about Orlando soccer teams, Legoland or restaurants on I-Drive. The issue for me is that the mentioning of the non-Disney things are not occasional or sometimes, it is all the time, and it seems like Disney and Disney World is simply an afterthought for them.

World_Showcase_Lover007

The Thirty20Eight, Mad Chatters, and WDW Today. Although wdw today lately has been turning me off. They've turned into sponsorship after sponsorship and also offering paid live listener things...meh.

The Thirty20Eight is rapidly becoming one of the better podcasts. It sucks that WEDway Radio is seemingly defunct (at least as far as it being both brothers hosting), but this is a good fill-in for that. I wouldn't mind seeing all three of these podcasters coming together on a show/podcast, and use the old WEDway format of simply bantering and discussing nostalgia-themed topics.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Lou seems like a nice guy but I agree not everything can be amazing. I don't think I ever listened to one of his restaurant reviews and heard him or one of the guests not like their meal or the service. That seemed odd

Your restaurant review comment reminded me of his review of Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar. In the 1.5 hour explanation of the Hangar Bar's decor, detail and theming, never once was there mention that the whole place is a grand total of 30 square feet (some exaggeration here). But really, some people have larger walk-in closets than that place. An honest reviewer would point this out right away. It should be listed with kiosks instead of restaurant/bars.

Last edited:

gwhb75

Basically just repeating some of the podcasts listed above:

1) Be Our Guest - found this one when I was researching our first trip 10 years ago. I really enjoy this one the most
2) WDW Radio - Pretty good.
3) Tom Corless's podcast (I typed in the name, but it was censored (my bad)) - It's OK. I listened to the "40 greatest things ever at Walt Disney World" which was interesting, but found the panel to get annoying quickly (they asked listeners to vote from a list of something like 1,000 things and then took the top 40 of them. The annoying part was that they basically complained about almost everything on the list. Not sure why they didn't just do "the top 40 things we think are the greatest at Walt Disney" instead).
4) WDW Today - The old one (haven't been able to find the new one on Podbean). Liked the old group a lot.

Mamaof5

Favorites in order below:

1. Be Our Guest - love the trip reports, and listener questions. And, who can complain about having 3 new episodes every week - LOVE.

2. WDW Prep to Go - this was my first Disney podcast I ever listened to, and I love the practicality of it. However, I do miss having new episodes every week.

3. Resortloop - Love Bob and Tim, or Tim and Bob. They make me laugh!

4. Mousechat - I like this podcast again because they come out with new content weekly.

5. Capturing Magic - This is more of a "photography/capturing memories" type podcast. They talk about DisneyWorld and Disneyland. Because I love photography though, it's right up my ally.

Stitch_Fan_NJ

Your restaurant review comment reminded me of his review of Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar. In the 1.5 hour explanation of the Hangar Bar's decor, detail and theming, never once was there mention that the whole place is a grand total of 30 square feet (some exaggeration here). But really, some people have larger walk-in closets than that place. An honest reviewer would point this out right away. It should be listed with kiosks instead of restaurant/bars.

Yea after listening to his review of the Hangar Bar he made it seem like it was a whole big restaurant. When I finally visited I was more than a little shocked how small it really is. Good hidden detail though.

World_Showcase_Lover007

An update on WDW Today and previous recommendation for this podcast: The "new" hosts have been getting bashed for a year now because so many people liked the previous group of guys (Scopa et al.). But I have given them a fair shake and continued listening for the most part, despite some dislikes of certain things (after all, podcasting is not something I do myself, so it's hard to bash others for it). However, in an effort to change things up, they had added two more guys, for a total of five co-hosts.

Now the discussions are just borderline silly, and they spend most of the time off topic, with some guy called "the Greeze" shouting random things and being disruptive. Previously, I could always stomach the full episode even when things went awry. But now 10-15 minutes in, I had to stop listening. It's simply not quality entertainment. Don't want to be too hard on them, but I don't know if I recommend them now.

Sue_Vongello

An update on WDW Today and previous recommendation for this podcast: The "new" hosts have been getting bashed for a year now because so many people liked the previous group of guys (Scopa et al.). But I have given them a fair shake and continued listening for the most part, despite some dislikes of certain things (after all, podcasting is not something I do myself, so it's hard to bash others for it). However, in an effort to change things up, they had added two more guys, for a total of five co-hosts.

Now the discussions are just borderline silly, and they spend most of the time off topic, with some guy called "the Greeze" shouting random things and being disruptive. Previously, I could always stomach the full episode even when things went awry. But now 10-15 minutes in, I had to stop listening. It's simply not quality entertainment. Don't want to be too hard on them, but I don't know if I recommend them now.

The Greeze? That ... that sounds awful. Thank you for sparing us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom