What Was Your Upgrade?

PolynesianPrincess

I doubt we will ever be upgraded again. We never ask for it and trust me, we felt like we hit the lottery as we got a suite and wasn't charged additional.

Hopefully one day you'll be at the right place at the right time and some magic will come your way.

We can hope! :)

And I know this doesn't count as an upgrade because we paid for it, but last year we booked the Poly for one night pre-cruise. The Poly was my dream resort to stay at ever since I was little. Well, when I called in to book the room I saw online (standard view as it was the cheapest and even with the discount, still pricey!) and those rooms were gone :( I was almost in tears when the woman on the phone told me she could give me a lagoon view for $12 more than the standard. I'm pretty sure the lagoon view rooms were MUCH more than that, but I jumped on it. We had the best view of the wedding pavilion, GF and the Contemp. Not exactly an upgrade, but kind of, considering when I checked online after I booked the lagoon view rooms were $550 and not $444 like we were charged!! :)

cubs9911

Just got back from our honeymoon. When we arrived at the Yacht Club, they brought us right to the dek to check in. Then we heard all of this clapping and we turned around to see about 8 CM's walking over and cheering for us. They handed us balloons and a certificate and declared us "Yacht Club Family of the Day" with that we received a consierge upgrade in a room overlooking the water. Amazing!

Stophie

This was several years ago (mid-90s or so) on a trip over the 4th of July week. We were booked for a week at POR and a couple weeks before the trip, we got a phone call from Disney asking if we would like to upgrade to the Beach Club. They explained that they had overbooked and they would move us over to the Beach Club for the same price we were paying for a standard room at POR. Of course, we jumped on it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom