What Was Your Upgrade?

smk

We have gone on our anniversary for several years in a row, got upgraded to a preferred room one year and had flowers one year, another year had a gift basket with treat and such, all very nice touches! Last year, no luck. This year we are not even going, not in the budget.....:(

The Mom

Premium Member
We were upgraded at the Contemporary from a standard to a Concierge level Suite once. I think it had something to do with the tour bus that pulled in right ahead of us - they might have filled all of the standard rooms.

I have gotten some view upgrades in the past, also.

Plowboy

Several years ago when the economy was in the crapper, we got the mother of all upgrades. We had originally booked at AS Sports and we received an e-mail offering an upgrade to a studio at OKW. I called as soon as I read the e-mail and to my disappointment they were already out of studios. The cast member put me on hold and came back offering a 1 bedroom villa. SCORE!!!!!!!!!!! Fast forward to the night of arrival. It was late (we had driven up that day from Key West), about 9:30 or so and during check in I was told they were out of 1 bedroom villas so they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom. For the rest of our trip it was just the Mrs. and I rattling around in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, laundry equipped villa overlooking one of the golf course greens at OKW. Hard to believe but true. I'll probably never get an upgrade again...

surfsupdon

We have been lucky to get upgrades relatively often, usually from a Lake View to Club Level Lake View at Yacht Club and BoardWalk. Not sure if it's a loyalty thing, or a friendly thing, but it happens often.

Our best upgrade was in 2012 for the Tower of Terror 10-Miler. We were given an upgrade to the Yacht Club's Commodore Suite, which was fantastic.

allidog1

One year (more than 10 years ago) between Thanksgiving and Christmas my family got upgraded to one of the suites and connecting room at the Contemporary. We had asked for two connecting rooms close to the elevator because of my grandparents mobility issues, and the only way they could do that was by giving us a suite. The staff was also nice and got Minnie and Goofy to sign my brother and I cards (we were about 7 or 8 at the time) and had the delivered to our room. It was great and made the trip even more magical.

Parkluvr

We stayed at the Contemporary in June. I originally booked 4 nights, tower with a Bay Lake view. Later we decided to add 5th night, but the only thing available was 12th floor, concierge level. I booked the night on th concierge level and decided to go with the Magic Kingdom view. When we went to the front desk to check in for the final night, we were taken up to the 14th floor concierge level and told that we had been upgraded to a one bedroom suite. This suite was amazing! It took up the space of 3 regular hotel rooms. It had a kitchen with a full sized refrigerator, a dining table for 6, a full living room area with couches and chairs and a flat screen, and also the regular 2 queen sized beds. It also had 3 huge balconys. 1 had an outdoor table set with 4 chairs, another had 2 loungers and a table, and the 3rd had 2 regular chairs and table. We were so amazed that we didn't even want to leave to go to dinner or the parks.

slappy magoo

We've received "freebies" before - pictures of the big 5 autographed in our room for a birthday, champagne and chocolates when we got engaged, stuff like that. But never a room upgrade. But this next trip we have 1 night in a Little Mermaid AOA room before a week at BLT. It seems possible that wing is booked solid - no availability showing on sites like Travelocity or Orbitz for that night. And if that wing is booked they could easily be overbooked. So we'll see.

bethymouse

Never "upgraded", but we have always had room requests, and for the most part have gotten what we wanted. Unfortunately, for our 15 year anniversary and stay at the POLY, the Somoa longhouse was being refurbished, so they put us in Aeroteroa. They gave us real leis, and a nice little "ceremony" upon check-in, which was a nice touch. We were given bunk bed rooms at WL, and we didn't pay$$ for them, so I guess that's an "upgrade".:D

eeyoremum

I have never been upgraded in all the times I have been there. I helped my work friend plan his first trip recently his family was upgraded from a standard room to a family suit. I was happy for them and jealous all at the same tip.

My dad and step mum went with us to Disney in 2007. It was their first trip. My step mum had cancer. They received a large and medium Mickey Mouse stuffed animals, card, balloons in their room. Also, one day a CM at a park gave step mum a really nice pin set of Cinderella and the. Fairy God Mother (I think). My son has them tucked away now, he and his Nana were really close.

PineapplePrincess

We went for an adults only anniversary trip several years ago, and we stayed at Beach Club. We were upgraded to a suite, and concierge level. I still maintain that it was because we didn't have a child with us. I haven't read all the other posts, but I wonder how much more often they upgrade couples as opposed to families?

merry68

We went for an adults only anniversary trip several years ago, and we stayed at Beach Club. We were upgraded to a suite, and concierge level. I still maintain that it was because we didn't have a child with us. I haven't read all the other posts, but I wonder how much more often they upgrade couples as opposed to families?

We are a family of 4, kids at the time were 13 and 10 when we got upgraded to the VP suite at BWI. We had the king bedroom and our kids took the 2 queen bedroom. They were connected by a huge living and dining area, great views of crescent lake. And we didn't have to walk too far to get to the club lounge either.

worldfanatic

While checking in at the Disneyland Hotel a few years back, we were told we could be upgraded to the Grand Californian, but only "if we wanted it".
Which was nice because I'm sure there's plenty of people who rightfully love the Disneyland Hotel and wouldn't want that change.
I also love the Disneyland Hotel, but the Grand Cal is on a whole nother level in my mind.
We took the upgrade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom