Trip Report What time is it? MICKEY TIME. August 2014

Is it entirely possible to have two extremely amazing Disney trips in a row? One would think the first trip’s fun and happiness could not be duplicated again…

Unfortunately, I am home. Real home. Not my Disney World bubble. Getting over this harsh reality is like a kick straight to the stomach, after eating a really gigantic meal. What is this life I live? Why am I not waking up on property? Oh the harsh truths we must face when exiting that bubble! Writing a trip report will help cure my Disney depression, it’s a statement I keep uttering to myself while I slowly grip the fact that my trip is OVER. WHAT?! Months of planning and excitement and poof! DONE. GONE. Is it time to go back yet? PLEASE?! Peeling the magicband off my wrist was painful.. PAINFUL I TELL YOU!!

imagejpg7_zps1262d39b.jpg

My name’s Nicole and I am a Disney freak. (I’m the girl on the left.) If there ever is a rehab program for people who are overly obsessed with Disney, you can bet some of my friends, my boyfriend, and my family would check me right in. I love the little mermaid, and change my favorite park depending on the day. I don’t know what my favorite ride is, some days it’s Soarin’, some days it’s Splash, sometimes it’s even Tower of Terror. Whatever is the last ride I’ve been on, that’s the one I will probably tell you. Ugh, I’m indecisive!

b02728cf-23d5-46e2-acf1-6a26b9d6b599_zps5fe4c65c.png

For those who didn’t follow along on my pre-trip report, here’s a quick recap. I flew to Disney World August 17th, and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge until August 21st. The lovely people of WDWmagic convinced us to upgrade from Art of Animation since we had a pin code. From there it was off to Port Canaveral, for my first ever Disney cruise, let alone cruise. Had three nights on the Disney Dream, and then back to Orlando for a day at Downtown Disney. I came home late August 24th, which gave me 8 full days immersed in Disney. This trip was the second trip with my best friend; we went last July for 10 days and had a wonderful, unforgettable time. We knew Disney missed us. :)

Originally, we were supposed to go in June and stay at Art of Animation, then go on the Dream, but due to massive amounts of snowstorms in lovely New Jersey this past winter, we had to postpone to August. Now everyone was warning me about the heat, and let me just tell you all, YOU WERE RIGHT. It may have been the hottest, sweatiest (sorry!) trip of my life, but it was one that I will never forget.

Shall I begin?

It all started not too long ago, at the wee hours in the morning.

IMG_1685_zpsa8effceb.jpg

I slept at my friend’s house so her parents could take us to the airport for our flight at 5:59 in the morning. We would be in Disney at 8:30 A.M. Who needs sleep?

Made it though security fairly quickly, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to eat our first meal of the day at 4:30 A.M.

First food picture of the trip! LOL.. and it’s in bags.. Big fail, Nicole.

IMG_1686_zps100779e9.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsca936d7d.jpg

IMG_1688_zps99d8f598.jpg

Probably not a good idea to drink iced coffee when you are aiming to sleep on the flight down, but with all that excitement I guess it didn’t matter! Do you guys remember the commercial with the little boy who says, “I’m too excited to sleep!” Yep, that’s me in a nutshell on Disney eve.

We took so long eating, we didn’t realize our plane had already boarded and as we were walking to the gate, we heard them announce the final boarding call. We booked it! Could you imagine if we missed our flight? Oh the horror! I don’t know why we didn’t realize that you’d need to be on the plane prior to 5:59 in order for it to take off. Hey, it was early. I’m using that excuse :)

IMG_1691_zps52acb54c.jpg

IMG_1692_zps857b0b68.jpg

We made it on and were off! My friend slept for maybe 20 minutes, I didn’t sleep at all. Too much excitement! We read and chatted about what was yet to come.

We landed early (YESS!!!), and navigated our way like champs to the B side of the airport. Last year we got lost…this year we were pros. Haha.

IMG_1693_zpsfabcc90a.jpg

We scanned our matching pink magic bands at the magical express counter, saw that first mickey head light up green, and we’re off! It was time for our first Disney ride of the trip…a bus ride!

IMG_1696_zps0d56d9a9.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, get ready for us!!

epcotisbest

Great parade photos. Thank you for sharing. My wife and I are working on staying at every Disney resort in FL and are well on the way to that goal. So far, WL is the only repeat. We love it. My favorite is Hidden Springs pool over at the Villas. Hope you had a chance to try it. We also enjoyed the outdoor movies there. One cool thing they did was pause the movie when the Electrical Water Pageant came by, so you can enjoy it and not miss any of the movie.

angieandtrevor

I remember how much I thoroughly enjoyed your review last year and this one is even better. If everyone could enjoy their trips as much as you and your friend do :) Disney really should hire the two of you to be in their promotional videos, I LOVE your true excitement for absolutely everything that Disney has to offer.....that is what it is all about !!!

Can't wait to read more :)

38053WDW

We were chosn
We continued with our waves to all the characters, just seeing them on that steam train is enough to brighten even the grumpiest person’s morning. And to top it all off, this was a Monday. How you doin’? Why can’t all Mondays be so magical! This extra bit of knowledge made the whole day seem so much more wonderful!

IMG_1969_zpsfe5c8184.jpg

IMG_1970_zpsc6ed4260.jpg

The family of the day welcomed us! Oh how jealous I am of you! Such an exciting task!

IMG_1972_zps38a1a9e3.jpg

We became one with the masses and made our way through the entrance. Seeing the castle up ahead was the absolute best feeling. Cinderella Castle just has that effect on me, I swoon. I could stare at it for hours. Every trip I tell myself, I do not need to take a million pictures of the castle. I do not need ten in the day, ten at this angle, ten at night, ten when it’s pink, or ten when it’s purple. I DO NOT NEED THEM. But I take them anyway. That castle is such a picture hog!

IMG_1974_zpsbcdb8346.jpg

Look at those blue skies!

IMG_1975_zps3fd50a26.jpg

We left our ponchos at our room, we were being optimistic about having no rain this trip!

Let’s hope it was a good decision!

IMG_1977_zpse81eb879.jpg

IMG_1976_zps52d706ce.jpg

IMG_1981_zps255e68af.jpg

IMG_1985_zps87ec5920.jpg

I AM HERE!!!!!

IMG_1987_zpsd688c183.jpg

We couldn’t contain our excitement, and took one too many photos! I can’t help it! HELP ME!! At least you all understand!

After our castle photoshoot, it was off to ride the first ride in the Magic Kingdom :)

We were the chosen family once to open the park ! Best part .. you go back to the old Toon Town area to catch train and all the characters are waiting for you ! Yes, just you ! Take all the pictures you want .. and we did !!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Wow, more great memories. Your festival of fantasy photos are great. I wasn't going to look before my Nov trip but couldn't help myself. Can't wait to see it. Love the fish eye photo, your friend did a great job there. Your video is great I love watching these. We already have plans to make videos this year, the music to put on them is already being planned.
And just for the record you were very kind to the balloons - oh dear ... Wait for it ..... you'll have to plan another trip to be able to buy one!

I agree! Another trip is a just so I can get a balloon!! I'm sorry I made you look at the parade photos! I think you will still be amazed when you experience it in person! November will be here soon I'm so jealous!

Hej there :) I was busy the last week with work... and when returing to this forum there is your TR. On one hand it is sad.. cause you have returned home, on the other hand it is great because we can watch and read your TR! And it is as marvelous as your previous trip! Makes me feel soooo jealous... but hej... then it again now it's only 44 days left for us! Great that you added some videos! Great music in it :) Bastille is THE BEST next BIG thing! Can;t wait for more! Thanks for the share!! Ohw and btw..... in on of your post you mentioned that one day you will in the World during Haloween season.... guess what.. WE ARE! :)

Your trip is sooooo soon!! Can you believe it! I can't wait to watch some of your videos! I am so envious your trip is still to come! Enjoy Halloween :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I feel like I'm there with you! Loved the Whispering Canyon report- I know that stuffed feel from O'hana and Boma! Now I want to try this one!

More trip report please- how am I supposed to survive my day at work if I can't escape through your report?! Priorities, @prfctlyximprct , priorities! :D

Haha I trying!! I have been working so much and still trying to go the gym and workout after all the food I consumed on vacation! But I promise to update as much as I possibly can! :)

You are a crack up!

Great pics - thanks for all the parade shots. We loved Whispering Canyon on our last trip - did you ask for ketchup?

We didn't because we saw what would happen if we did! Lol that restaurant is a great time!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Dear @prfctlyximprct,

Please go to Disney World more often so that I can experience once more the vicarious joy that comes with reading your trippies. This one is just as fab as last year's. More please, and quickly. ;)

Sincerely yours,

LondonGopher

I'm trying haha maybe I can quit my job, go to disney all the time and write trip reports! Wouldn't that be the life lol!

I remember how much I thoroughly enjoyed your review last year and this one is even better. If everyone could enjoy their trips as much as you and your friend do :) Disney really should hire the two of you to be in their promotional videos, I LOVE your true excitement for absolutely everything that Disney has to offer.....that is what it is all about !!!

Can't wait to read more :)

Thank you!!! You're too sweet :)

AliceJaina

You girls seriously look like so much fun to be on a trip with. Your parade pictures are awesome! That was high on my list of things to do. But that week was so hot. It was clear on Monday that we would never make it until 3 to see it. There's always next time. Thanks for sharing.

disneypearl

I am loving following along with you and your friends trip. It is so fun to read because it's easy to see what a great time you are having. Wilderness Lodge looks so pretty and such a great room you were in. How amazing would it be to be able to look out of the room you are staying at and see Cinderella Castle. That would be so nice!

LisaBelle

The Whispering Canyon pictures had me cracking up! Love the fish eye one. It really captured the moment! The video brought tears to my eyes. I am ready to go back. Loved seeing your parade pics. We only got to see part of the parade. I was really disappointed to miss so much of it.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Day three! Day three already?! NOOOO!!!

I tend to imagine day three as one of the best days of my trip. I crack up thinking of memories from this day, but if I thought hard enough about each day I’m sure I could find ways to make them each seem like the best. It’s so hard to choose! That’s the thing with Disney, you look forward to your plans for each and every day, and then poof; it’s already the last day! Be careful, you must live in the present!

Day three was spent at glorious EPCOT!

We awoke and snapped photos of the castle from our balcony, AGAIN. I know, we went a little overboard… but not every morning begins with this! I woke up to a castle... and I just had to keep taking photograph evidence that this was indeed my view. I would have probably stood here for hours gazing in wonderment, but my friend dragged me back to my senses. We had places to be!

IMG_2227_zps1e7755f9.jpg

Good morning balcony shots!

IMG_2223_zps8cc0e5be.jpg

We got to Epcot a little before they opened for the day... such early birds this whole trip! I am extremely proud of my morning wake-ups while in Disney.

The photopass man helped us out as we first arrived. How cool do we look with those matching red FUZZY sunglasses? I’m not sure what we were thinking, LOL! We just wanted to be twins!

IMG_2228_zps7973def1.jpg

IMG_2229_zps569d226e.jpg

IMG_2230_zps560402b2.jpg

Our very first ride of the day was a classic guest favorite, Spaceship Earth! I love the part when Dame Judy says, “Remember how easy it was to learn your ABCs? Thank the Phoenicians. They invented them!” I think I may have to go listen to this ride’s audio right about now!

We made total fool faces for our future!

IMG_2232_zps15594839.jpg

Here we are living that underwater life, which was just a glimpse of the cruise yet to come! :)

IMG_2234_zpsd11a5f96.jpg

After watching our faces jump to where we came from on the map, it was off to go Oarin’!

Last trip I inadvertently blocked the S in the Soarin’ sign, so for a lot of my last trip we joked about how much I loved to oar. Here I am, oarin' away!

IMG_2235_zpsb49b8bdb.jpg

We had fastpass plus for Soarin’ it was already a 45 minute wait at 9:20 in the morning, so good thing! Checked out all of California’s beautiful sights and smells.. Soarin’ is definitely a ride that I MUST DO! Oh yeah, Stacey! How do you like 'dem apples!

The music gives me goose bumps. If I listened to this right now, I might break down and cry. This ride hits me right in the heart strings. I love that Disney created a totally immersive experience for people who probably will never get a chance to go hang gliding like that ever in their life. I absolutely adore this ride. What an amazing life experience! Luckily, there's lots of food in the Land Pavilion!

IMG_2236_zpsfeab81c3.jpg

That was our breakfast. We watched a little girl carry over a tray filled with melons and grapes, and this is what we ate. Why did I grow up? So I could eat a cupcake for breakfast.

IMG_2238_zpsa79dc198.jpg

We still had some time before World Showcase opened, and our plan for the day was to spend most of our time in the countries. Hmm... such a dilemma! Why not go visit our favorite little purple dragon, Figment! Dear Figment, I was so nervous your pavilion would be closed, and I would never see you again! I have been hearing rumors for months of them re-doing this… and while I DESPISE Captain EO, I love my little Figment! Please keep him in some form Disney! Don’t break my heart.

IMG_2245_zps66f92891.jpg

After rigorous dancing, it was time to explore the world!

IMG_2247_zpsa48501be.jpg

Look at the sky again... can it be any bluer?!
IMG_2248_zps59feaebe.jpg

Head tilts were a thing, apparently!

IMG_2250_zps14a7309c.jpg

First up in our world travels.. CANADA! What a picturesque place! It takes my breath away. It's like a garden of serenity smack dab in an amusement park.

IMG_2251_zps536b3397.jpg

IMG_2252_zpsc372a206.jpg

Nicole: lover of nature.

IMG_2253_zps29c51ddd.jpg

Flowers :) They were oh so pretty. I wanted to roll around in them and shout cries of happiness, but I refrained!

IMG_2254_zps8e3a77a3.jpg

IMG_2256_zps68fd3179.jpg

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We had a brilliant beyond brilliant idea to wear a hat in every country. We strolled into the trading post, and put on some antlers. This photo was taken with self-timer, while on a clothes rack. Is that skilled or what?!

IMG_2258_zpsa4a08cb4.jpg

We are Sven!

IMG_2259_zpsb07e96d1.jpg

Okay, we cheated and wore two hats in Canada.

IMG_2261_zps2fdb7b3d.jpg

After refreshing in the lovely AC of the store, it was time to head back outside! I had business to conduct!

IMG_2263_zps668e35e7.jpg

Besides wearing a hat in every country, I wanted more! What else can you do in every EPCOT country? Oh that's right, drink around the world! It said on the news in the morning it was the hottest day in Florida in three years, why not dehydrate myself with alcohol? Let me just tell you, I do not recommend attempting to drink around the world in 100 degree heat and humidity. I suggest you close the tab now, and do not follow along with this insanity! In actuality, it was some of the most fun I’ve had in my life so if you’re game, DO IT. :)

I will try my hardest to remember what I ordered.

1: Torontopolitan- alcoholic goodness of Canada.

DSC07168_zps39cb9e5e.jpg

Sipped and savored, it was really refreshing on such a hot day! I had meant to back track and head over to the refreshment port so I could try the cronut, but I was still SO STUFFED from breakfast that I knew I must continue on. My friend promised we could take the friendship boat back here later, and I could get it for Illuminations. I agreed and we said good-bye to our neighbors from the north.

Next up was the United Kingdom. And the Rose and Crown!

IMG_2264_zps622b9e84.jpg

Our bartender was super friendly, he even washed my souvenir cup at the end so I didn't have to carry it around sticky! I now have two of these beauties, guess when I get my own kitchen in my very own house someday, my guests will all be drinking from Disney cups! :)

IMG_2265_zpsfbfcddd4.jpg

2. Leaping Leprechaun from the UK, it may only be 11:30 but it was 5'o'clock somewhere!

IMG_2266_zpsc0a7d517.jpg

It was then time to shop in the UK. We browsed the stores, and didn't really find any hats to try on except for these beauties. I have never seen the show, but my friend raves about it. She was super excited. They were cute but tt was awful hot to have this on my head! Not recommended to wear in the summer, LOL :)

IMG_2267_zps8cbcdbbf.jpg

We chatted with the CM for a little from England, and then it was off to the next country on our tour. France! The photopass photographer helped us out again here, I love this shot.

IMG_2268_zps4768a2b5.jpg

Two drinks down, and I was feeling a little happy. This photo shoot ensued.

IMG_2269_zps808a9b56.jpg

I love EPCOT! THIS IS HEAVEN.

IMG_2270_zpsdaaaeb7a.jpg

Idk but I thought these were all good poses. LOL!

IMG_2271_zps8a695976.jpg

Here is my friend, gazing over the waters of world, while she contemplates life. Hehehe

IMG_2275_zps08679ccd.jpg

Photo overload... the clouds look so fluffy!! :)

IMG_2276_zps86665d10.jpg

I had read constant reviews about how delicious the Grey Goose slushies are, and it was HOT, so I decided to splurge and try one!

. Grey goose slushie from France

IMG_2278_zps9f59a8fc.jpg

SO GOOD. SO REFRESHING. CRISP, LIGHT, COLD, SWEET YET TART.. I don't know how I can describe this with the correct adjectives! It was YUMMY.

IMG_2279_zpsc1d03bd2.jpg

This picture will not flip right side up, so I apologize. Yes, it was taken with the camera upside down. This was my third drink, don't judge!

IMG_2280_zpsd979b116.jpg

We sat in the shade in France for a while... just soaking up our surroundings.

IMG_2282_zps2382d4af.jpg

IMG_2283_zpsf60e9528.jpg

One of my favorite things about World Showcase, and this is going to be lame, but there are a lot of benches! I love just sitting and staring out at the day, watching people enjoy themselves, and just loving the fact that you are in a most magical place, that could only be brought to you by Disney. Where else can you travel from idealized country to idealized country, where everybody is friendly, and wants to enhance your overall experience? There's nothing else quite like the World Showcase...I was in love with the day, and it wasn't even noon yet!

Would I ever get off the bench?!

:p

Last edited:

Ariel1986

Nooooooo don't leave me hanging! I've still an hour left at work! :p What else am I supposed to do, actually work?! ;) :D

I looooooove drinking in world showcase!! I've never managed every single country in one day though- if you do I salute you!! Definitely a fun thing to do if you're there without kids! Only the morning so far and it already looks like you're both having an amazing time! Really made the most of the parks it seems. Can't wait to read more and then... the cruise! I'd forgotten that already and that's the bit I'm most interested in reading about- you distracted me with your awesome reports of the parks ha ha! Keep going with the positive reporting, it's great- I feel like I'm there! :)

GrimGrinningGhost15

Love this trip report! I read the last one, and was so excited to see another. This makes me want to plan a trip with my just my bestie... she has never been and I would LOVE to show her the ways of WDW! I completely and totally feel you on how much it sucks coming back from a Disney trip. I was on this forum every day for a year, then after my trip I couldn't even get on here because I was so bummed about not being in WDW everyday! It is like being in a bubble that I just never want to pop, no work no cares just pure happiness the whole time! 6 months later I am feeling ok getting back in and obsessing over peoples trips and the parks! Even though my next trip wont be for another 2 years :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom