what souvenirs do you buy for friends?

k.hunter30

For our friends' kids we are going to buy a postcard of their favorite character, hunt that character down and have them sign it or write a sweet message to them. So far on our radar - Piglet (we'll definitely see him at Crystal Palace), Buzz Lightyear, Princess Aurora, and Cinderella. I hope it won't be too hard to find the last three. (We are not doing the princess buffet in Norway but are having lunch at CRT.)

But what should we get our adult friends with no kids? I'm thinking something small - $0-$15 per couple. They aren't huge Disney fans, so I'm at a loss for what they might like. Any suggestions?

coltow

I usually buy pens or something else that is small in size so that they are easy to pack. My mom likes to get pins from the resorts so I get her a pin or 2 from the resort we stay at.

You should be able to find Buzz at MGM without a problem, just make sure to pick up a time guide when you enter and it will tell you what time he'll appear at Al's Toy Barn. He also appears at MK, but I don't remember the time guide saying what time.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I go so often, I don't bring anything back anymore because it ended up being too expensive. And, besides, people who are just okay with disney, don't appreciate what you bring them back and the inherent cost of a disney souvenier anyway. How many key chains and coffee mugs do people need.

Upvote 0

dave1105

Last year when we went I brought back key chains for my co-workers. It is pretty much the office souvenir that is brought back from other co-workers as well. It is simple, easy to pack and relatively inexpensive

Upvote 0

Aurora23

You can usually find Aurora in France in one of the shops. Her appearance times are listed on the guide map.

We like to buy our friends and family chocolates from around World Showcase. For the ladies, soaps from United Kingdom. They smell so pretty! And if your guys are into it, shot glasses. You can find those everywhere.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

You're supposed to buy your friends stuff when you go to Disney??

:lookaroun

Ooops...

The only friend I have bought something for was the one who took care of our cat while we were there. I also bought her son something.

You shouldn't have a problem finding any of the characters you listed.

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

I bought all of my team-members at work ears last year, with their names embroidered on them. I picked a style that was on clearance to keep the price down - think it ended up being about $6 a pop. It's a small team - only 4 folks - so it wasn't a huge amount of money.

Now at work whenever anyone is having a really bad day, they put on their ears. We call it "going to your happy place". That's the sign to leave them alone. :lol:

Upvote 0

dragonfox98

I actually got my mom a clock on Main Street last year of Tigger (about one of the only Disney things she likes). His tail moved back and forth and he wasn't that expensive.

Forgot to mention the characters!! Buzz can be found near the CoP in Tomorrowland. If you're not going to the Princess Breakfast (which is an absolute must in my family!), then go Toontown and visit them in the main tent. We saw Princess Aurora and Cinderella there last year. Bes tof luck!

Upvote 0

WishIwasThere

I bought all of my team-members at work ears last year, with their names embroidered on them. I picked a style that was on clearance to keep the price down - think it ended up being about $6 a pop. It's a small team - only 4 folks - so it wasn't a huge amount of money.

Now at work whenever anyone is having a really bad day, they put on their ears. We call it "going to your happy place". That's the sign to leave them alone. :lol:

:ROFLOL: I love it...

My sister is going down in May and staying at the WL, so for her birthday earlier this year we bought a couple of the refillable mugs.

Usually we get people magnets or tea. This past Jan. when we went we got our family friends (who have kids) the colored hot chocolate mixes. Granted they are like $10. Little candy stuff from Main St. candy store is usually inexpensive and a nice little treat.

Upvote 0

3fordisney

We have gotten pens, pencils, cups, mugs, and key chains. I like the idea of having the characters sign the postcards. May do that on our next trip. We have been often enough that we don't usually get gifts every time.

You may want to give a small picture frame and put your picture in it with their favorite character. The photopass photographers will take pictures with your own camera. Have one taken and place it in a picture frame. Some of the nice wooden ones for a 5x7 is $18. Just a thought. I like the wooden ones because they aren't too over the top and look very nice!!

Also, treats like chocolates are great too!! They sell a variety of boxed chocolates and candies.

Upvote 0

manda_01

Also look for Buzz outside of Space Ranger Spin!

We like to get the little mickey heads etc for car antennas as gifts - easy to pack! We also got plastic food bowls for our dog and cats :animwink:

Upvote 0

Hummer1676

I get everyone the Grumpy mugs. Its hilarious. It has Grumpy on the front and inside the cup it says wake up grumpy. then on the back side it shows why he's grumpy.

Upvote 0

sweetale

I usually like buying friends/family candy (especially the mickey shaped chocolate/coconut pretzles...ALWAYS a hit...if they actually make it home:lookaroun ). And I always have to come back with something for my furry daughter, so spoiled :D .

~Amy

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We usually get things for people who take care of the house while we are away...this year it was the guy who plowed us out before we got home. I got t shirts for his little girls. I also like to get magnets, pins, mugs and shot glasses for family ...if I see something they really like. All the kids are older now so they don't expect a gift anymore. :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom