What size shells do they use at Epcot?

Phonedave

That bunker can take it, theres a reason they never cancel that show, now the inferno barge is a different story.

Forget the safety issues (which are really minimal). people tend to forget how much of a pain shift work like this is. Everybody says that they would like working the off hours, or working the weekends, etc. Having done it for a period if time myself (I had a job where I and one other person covered a 6 PM to 6 AM shift - 365 days a year. For 18 months, unless somebody was on vacation, one of us were at that desk between the hours of 6 PM and 6 AM every night) I can tell you, it gets old FAST, and we had a good working relationship. We would split shifts if someone had something to do or sometimes just to break up the night (1 AM to 4 AM was a very rough stretch in that job - either it bored you to tears, or you were going crazy - depending on if any alarms came in). Even when working with a good partner, it still got old very quickly. That's why they rotated people in and out of that position pretty quickly.

WDW firework shows are every day (for the most part). Weekends, holidays, etc. They also go off at night. Now I am sure there is some swapping allowed, where say, if your kid was having an important event, somone would switch shifts with you so you could go, but that only happens every so often. You end up missnig a lot of things because your schedule is so different from everybody elses. My brother is a firefighter, he works 24 hours on, then 72 off. That sounds like a good thing too, but he has missed many holidays with his kids, family events, and other things because he had to work.

Just something to think about when pursuing your "dream job"

-dave

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom