What is your favorite wdw smell?

Tinkerbella16

The musty water smells of POTC, Splash and Mexico boat ride. I love the smells of the Haunted Mansion. And the resort lobbies have that distinct disney scent, that I love!

SGT623

This has been discussed here before...and then again, but I'll go ahead and reiterate that the lobby in the Poly and the monorail have some great smells

Mr_Tom_Morrow

monorails....nothing says MMMM like the perspiration of millions of guests :ROFLOL:

then again...water thats been wading around for years on end is pretty high up there too

doop

For me it's that water smell in PotC and Splash Mountain, and the smell of Diesel reminds me of the buses and trams.

EPCOT Explorer

The burning smell during the ascent in Spaceship Earth is easily my favorite. It is just such a unique extra sensation (besides the sights and sounds) that says to me, "Yes, Scott, this is really happening---you ARE back in your favorite place of all!":) When you live 950 miles away, you don't get to experience it that often, so you really try to savor it when you're there.
In addition, I love the ambient aromatic essences of Pecos Bill's Cafe in the Magic Kingdom, the Land at Epcot, and any of WDW's Monorails!

So true.You forgot the wondeful aroma of ROE smoke though.:)

WDWMUPPET

I love the smell of Splash mountain, which is similar to the smell at the Rain Forest Cafe in AK.
Love the smell of the Contemporary as well.

wdwdude423

OMG, where do I start? There's so many different smells in Disney that I love. I guess the main one I love the most is the smell of water on all the "boat" rides (splash, potc, iasw, living with the land) :)

TinkerBell9988

Hmmm...

The smell of the Boardwalk lobby, as soon as those automatic doors open and the cold air-conditioning hits your face.

The way the old JII queue used to smell. I can't really describe it. Just really... nice.

SSE in general.

Mexico pavillion and the way El Rio smelled. Now it smells new. Ugh.

The TTA.

The smell of WDW at night, anywhere on property. The air is warm and sweet. :D

betharina

i love the smell inside disney's days of christmas at DTD. i asked if the smell was piped in and a cast member told me it was just the ornaments with the potpourri in them.

Hrudey3032

The burning smell during the ascent in Spaceship Earth is easily my favorite. It is just such a unique extra sensation (besides the sights and sounds) that says to me, "Yes, Scott, this is really happening---you ARE back in your favorite place of all!":) When you live 950 miles away, you don't get to experience it that often, so you really try to savor it when you're there.
In addition, I love the ambient aromatic essences of Pecos Bill's Cafe in the Magic Kingdom, the Land at Epcot, and any of WDW's Monorails!

Who let this poster on???? :lookaroun

Ok older brother I do agree with you on the Spaceship Earth part as nothing like smelling the fire in the ride up SSE to make me feel like I am at my favorite park although I have to say that Soarin' is my favorite smell. I love the orange groves smell while on it.The only reason you love Pecos Bill's is because you still are looking for Binfols the guy who used to clean up there when we were kids.

lilclerk

Popcorn. It really does the trick. Even when I have a box of popcorn in my hand, I turn a corner, smell some more, and immediately want to buy another box :slurp: :lol:
Also, that general muggy, flowery smell that takes over most of Florida (at least the parts I've been to.) I love that.

Fluxuated

WHAT?? No one said the Skunk smell in Imagination? :lol:

Rome burning in Spaceship Earth is the most memorable for me, second by the Pies in Philharmagic.

Boray

One of my favorite smells is Flame Tree Barbecue. Every time we drive past a Charcoal Grill restaurant, my 8-year-old son tells me that it smells like Flame Tree Barbecue. So we've got that to tide us over for the next few weeks. I just love the smell of all the restaurants, even the air conditioning (don't ask why, I don't know...) when I'm at Disney, everything smells good. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom