What is your favorite wdw smell?

piratetreasure

Original Poster
I was wondering what wdwmagic users think about the smells of disney world. Post your favorites. Here are mine:

The carousel of progress
pirates and splash.
all the resort lobbies.

K-BAR

The Ceder inside the cabins at Firt Wilderness, I know all ceder smells the same but it just has that Disney touch to it

Karolena

There isn't one particular smell, but a more generic Disney smell. It's like a cross between the warm weather and the pool and food. I know I'm in Disney World when I smell that smell. Does that make any sense?

EpScott

The burning smell during the ascent in Spaceship Earth is easily my favorite. It is just such a unique extra sensation (besides the sights and sounds) that says to me, "Yes, Scott, this is really happening---you ARE back in your favorite place of all!":) When you live 950 miles away, you don't get to experience it that often, so you really try to savor it when you're there.
In addition, I love the ambient aromatic essences of Pecos Bill's Cafe in the Magic Kingdom, the Land at Epcot, and any of WDW's Monorails!

IMPoppins

Great thread! My favorite smell in the whole world, not just WDW, use to be the Mexican pavillion. Sentimental reasons ;) Unforunately, when they rehabed the the ride, the smell went away. I was close to tears when I went in there in September. I was so disappointed.

Craig & Lisa

Generally I would say the first smell that hits me at the airport in Orlando, it tells me that I have arrived and to start having fun. But to be more specific, I would say Rome burning in SSE. :wave:

EpScott

Well...I don't really pay attention to the smells...interesting thread...I will next time though if I think about it.

This is the EXACT reaction the Imagineers want from you and other guests! They want their creations to be real and so natural that you don't even question it. But when you do think about it afterwards, you really appreciate that attention to detail.
In the case that you are paying attention to the surrounding smells---just soak it all in---it's awesome!

Charlie Brown

This is the EXACT reaction the Imagineers want from you and other guests! They want their creations to be real and so natural that you don't even question it. But when you do think about it afterwards, you really appreciate that attention to detail.
In the case that you are paying attention to the surrounding smells---just soak it all in---it's awesome!
Wow! Yeah! That's what I was kinda what i was thinking!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom