What is your favorite meal in all of Disney? Get specific!!

jbeinlich12

I would have to say my favorite meal in Disney is at EPCOT at Le Cellier. I always get the filet with maple bbq sauce spread on it, garlic mashed potatoes, the beef and barely soup and of course the bread you get before the meal.

disneymonger

Num nums

I always loved the chicken parmesan w/ spagetti and break stick from the Italian restaraunt in the Land but now that it doesn't exsist anymore I can't feast on it while I wait for my Fast Pass time on Living with The Land to come.

I also did enjoy the breakfast and Ohana...those Mickey waffles were so yummy...::drools::

OMG also, the croissant breakfast sandwiches at any of the resorts (the are all the same). :p

OMG, also the cesar salad from the Mara and AKL is awesome! :p

OMG, the old pizza from the Pizza Place right on the outskirts of Tomorrowland that is now the Asian place used to be so good. :p

OMG, also the taco salad at El Pirata y el Perico. :p

Great, now I'm hungry... :hammer:

DiPSU224

I absolutely love the rice that is served at O'hana. I eat more of that than all the meat. My next favorite has to be the hotdogs from Casey's with cheese sauce ontop. :slurp:

Hmmm...I wonder if I ever gain weight while at WDW? :lol:

willythelab

Flame Tree Barbecue takes the prize

hands down, the meal I always look forward to is the rib plate at Flame tree barbecue at AK. I swear that alone could keep me coming back twice a year.

poohbear6103

The cheese plate and crispy African bread at Jikos.
Butternut Squash Ravioli in the fall at California Grill.
The blue cheese mac and cheese that comes with the pork chop at Artist's Point.
Tonga Toast.

Boy I am glad I am going soon because I am having some major Disney food withdrawal. I am trying a number of new restaurants this time around, so I may have some new ones to add when I get back :)

DisneyMan

My family and I always eat our very first meal at Fulton's in DTD. I love the Ahi Tuna with fresh ginger!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

LoriMistress

Everything is good, but my favorite meal of all time is the friend chicken meal at Prime Time 50's. Their mash potatoes are to die for!

bhickman

Breakfast ->
Boma at the AKL (Crystal Palace is a seriously close second)​
Lunch/Early Dinner ->
50's Prime Time.. if not for the food.... for the fun... (but yes the food is good too)​
Dinner -> Sorry Two answers here
1 - O'hana
2 - If at Disney 4 or more days must do Liberty Tree Tavern, just a great home cooked meal.​

Worse food in WDW = The cookies I will be getting "free" during my MVMCP visit in December. But hey it's something free in Disney :hurl:

Laura

Premium Member
It used to be that all you can eat skillet at the Garden Grill. It was like the highlight of my every trip.

Now that they've changed the menu to stuff I don't like, I don't really have a favorite. But I am trying about 8 sit down restaurants I haven't been to before on this next trip so I'm sure I'll have a new favorite soon!

a2grafix

Although I have had many meals throughout the years at Disney, I can't remember for the life of me what some of them are, but I have had some great meals with my family over the years at restaurants that have now changed or closed (Empress Lilly and WDW Village Restaurant). I had some chicken-basted artichoke hearts that were to die for back in the early 1980s.

But two things do stand out: the beignets for a breakfast snack or anytime snack at Port Orleans (I guess now Riverside) at WDW and the crab cakes appetizer at the Blue Bayou Restaurant in New Orleans Square at Disneyland. The cool thing was that POTC started its ride right through the restaurant - nice and breezy with a touch of southern comfort.

I had a great meal at Blue Bayou in June 1999 when I visited DL and took home a doggie bag of one of the fairly large crab cakes. I had one on the plane back home and the aroma caught a lot of the passengers off guard.

Can't wait to experience new tastes and smells when I finally return to Disney sometime this fall/winter.

Oh, and there was this huge custard cherry/strawberry desert conconction in a huge snifter-type of dish at Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada that my mom and I ate together that was to die for. But that was back in 1985, for Disneyworld's 15th anniversary. Wonder if that is available today?

Captain Hank

a2grafix said:
Oh, and there was this huge custard cherry/strawberry desert conconction in a huge snifter-type of dish at Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada that my mom and I ate together that was to die for. But that was back in 1985, for Disneyworld's 15th anniversary. Wonder if that is available today?
Judging from the menu on allearsnet.com, it doesn't appear to be served any more. However, I might have the recipe. I took a look through an old WDW cookbook I got from Half Price Books, and it looks like this might be the dish you're talking about.

Sherry Trifle
Le Cellier Canada Showcase EPCOT Center
Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room United Kingdom Showcase EPCOT Center
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups half and half or milk, heated
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package (4 serving size) strawberry gelatin
1 cup boiling water
3/4 cup cold water
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
8 ounces pound cake
1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
6 whole strawberries
6 mint leaves

Combine eggs, sugar and salt in a bowl. Slowly stir in heated half and half or milk. Strain inito top of double boiler. Cook over simmering water until custard coats a metal spoon, stirring constantly. Cool. Add vanilla.

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, add cold water and chill until consistancy of heavy syrup. Stir in sherry. Whip until fluffy. Fold in sliced strawberries.

Cut pound cake into 12 slices. In a bowl, layer strawberry filling, cake and custard sauce, ending with strawberry filling. To serve, garnish each serving with whipped cream, a strawberry, and a mint leaf.

Yield: 6 servings

Regardless of whether or not this is the right recipe, it sounds fantastic.​

I.M.Fearless

Hands down, the sausage and pepperoni pizza at Crockett's Tavern in Fort Wilderness. Especially during the Super Bowl (done that a couple of times - GO PATRIOTS).

Second is the Biergarten's (in Germany) fried chicken. Only I forget what they call it.

Then again, ask me during the Intl. Food and Wine Festival at Epcot and I'll give you totally different answers.... We've made whole meals by just walking halfway around World Showcase and trying everything that looks good.

Oh, and Honorable Mentions go to cheesy fries (just usual french fries with cheese sauce on them - different places have the cheese, notably Pecos Bill's in MK and Flame Tree's in AK - usually just grab a few and sit out back and watch the EE construction; now THAT's the life), 'Ohana's in the Polynesian, and (what else) the classic Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Bars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom