What is the most expensive Attraction ever built at DisneyWorld

dopey

the massive disney store on pleasure island.

or do you mean for disney? if that's the case, i'd also go with test track.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This is a difficult one, as figures dont often come out. ToT was rumored to be $100m, Test Track $150m, RnR $60 - 80m.

If I had to go for one, I would say Test Track.

Outside bets could include Kilimanjaro Safaris (the size, animals, maintenence etc), and Splash Mountain.

Herbie53

Premium Member
I would guess that Splash Mountain was probably the most expensive ride when it was built, but things are much different today.

It seems to me that Test Track must be the most expensive ride, because of the painfully long delays. Delays like that can double the cost of a project.

The Kilimanjaro Safaris is also probable. The ride vehicles were converted from actual trucks, exotic plants and animals can't be cheap (not to mention having to hire experts to maintain them!), there were some structures built and props used, plus a large amount of land which had to be prepped.

Basically what I'm saying is I agree with Steve.

MrPromey

I agree with Steve too but we also have to factor in inflation. Although I have no doubt that the price of attractions is probably raising faster than the speed of inflation, it's still a factor to consider. Also, with Kilimanjaro, a lot of it's costs are in relation to upkeep rather than initial up front costs. As far as costs to maintain, I'm guessing that one would win hands down with TT as a distant second

DisneyFreak

My guess would also be Test Track, especially with the delays and other problems it had.

NOTE: I also might guess Mission: Space. Anyone know the numbers on this one yet?

wdwmaniac

If you mean just the ride test track but the building it is housed in like the show tough to be a bug in the Tree of Life and the show about commuincations in Epcot Geo-sphere I would have to go with one of them.

dopey

methinks jay-rod hasn't a clue to what the answer is. perhaps there should be a separate board for those who don't know the answers to their own trivia questions. :rolleyes:

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by dopey
methinks jay-rod hasn't a clue to what the answer is. perhaps there should be a separate board for those who don't know the answers to their own trivia questions. :rolleyes:

I hate it when people do that. "What is..." then they don't answer for two weeks!!

I think people should just say that they are wondering this but don't know the answer. No need for another forum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom