What If... Season 2: Discussion Thread

DSquared

Original Poster
Welcome to the discussion thread! Here is where you can communicate with me and the rest of the community about the second season of What If...

If you have an episode suggestion, just type it. If a suggestion you like is already there, just like the post, and it might be featured later this season!

And, this season we'll be keeping track of views. Below is the official What If... Season 2 schedule. I'll be keeping track of how many views are gained between each episode. And that will be kind of a focus group test as well, to see if you want to see different things than I have planned. This will also be edited throughout the season to show new dates and titles. A copy will also be shown in the main thread.

S2E1: Princess Power 2K16 - Feb 13 - 161 Views
S2E2: One World Rebooted Part 2 - Feb 19 - 38 Views
S2E3: Classification is Universally Understood (In Orlando) - Feb 21 - 100 Views
S2E4: Jake, We're Gonna Need a Bigger Moon - Feb 28 - 67 Views
S2E5: Future Phases Part 1 - Mar 5-6 - 95 Views
S2E6: Future Phases Part 2 - Mar 12 - 95 Views
S2E7: For the Fans 2 - Mar 20 - 87 Views
S2E8: Little People, What Does it Mean? - Mar 27 - 57 Views
S2E9: One World Rebooted Part 3 - Apr 3 - 77 Views
S2E10: Way Back in Days of Old - Apr 10 - 94 Views
S2E11: Welcome to Hollywood Part 1 - Apr 26 - 36 Views
S2E12: The Wonderful Wizard - Apr 27 - 14 Views
S2E13: Welcome to Hollywood Part 2 - Apr 28 - 27 Views
S2E14: Back to the (Past) - Apr 29 - 40 Views
S2E15: Nintendos and Nintendon'ts - Apr 30 - 20 views
S2E16: One World Rebooted Part 4 - May 2 - 293 Views
S2E17: The Force Returns Part 1 - July 9 - 114 Views
S2E18: The Force Returns Part 2 - July 17
S2E19: Universal Dreaming - July 24
S2E20: Heroes in a Half Shell - July 29
S2E21:
S2E22:
S2E23:
S2E24:
S2E24:
S2E25:
S2E26:
S2E27:
S2E28:
S2E29:
S2E30:
S2E31:
S2E32:

Last edited:

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Welcome to the discussion thread! Here is where you can communicate with me and the rest of the community about the second season of What If...

If you have an episode suggestion, just type it. If a suggestion you like is already there, just like the post, and it might be featured later this season!

Here's a good one: Pitch a good Descendants sequel.

While I hate everything to do with it, I really want to see what you do with it. :)

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Can everyone die at the end?:p
giphy.gif

DSquared

Original Poster
Hey everyone! For the Fans is coming up, so I have a job for the fans. Suggest any topic for an episode by next Saturday, then we'll have a poll.

Until then...

DSquared

Original Poster

1st recap going live at 7:15. I now ask that you guys post some questions here for me and I'll have an Ask Me Anything at the end of the podcast.

spacemt354

Chili's
Hey everyone! For the Fans is coming up, so I have a job for the fans. Suggest any topic for an episode by next Saturday, then we'll have a poll.

Until then...
With the great reviews, how about Zootopia?

Or in anticipation of the other disney films...a Jungle Book Dark ride maybe?

spacemt354

Chili's
I just read your Phase 4 and 5 lineups...I like them! I had some similar thoughts. I definitely think they are gonna get Fantastic 4 back for phase 4...fox has had 3 attempts...all failed.

My Phase 4 - just for kicks...After Inhumans...

May 1, 2020 - Guardians of the Galaxy 3
July 10, 2020 - Spiderman 2
November 6, 2020 - Thunderbolts, just a hopeful guess :D

February 2021 - Black Panther 2
May 2021 - Fantastic Four
July 2021 - The Sinister Six
November 2021 - Dr. Strange 2

May 2022 - Avengers: Secret Wars

Flippin'Flounder

I think Secret Wars will happen, but not until phase 5 or 6. I think phase 4 won't have an overarching story, similar to phase 2. They could also do Secret Invasion, which would definately be up to the standard of Thanos and Galactus. I think Galactus would also be at least 2 phases.

spacemt354

Chili's
I think Secret Wars will happen, but not until phase 5 or 6. I think phase 4 won't have an overarching story, similar to phase 2. They could also do Secret Invasion, which would definately be up to the standard of Thanos and Galactus. I think Galactus would also be at least 2 phases.
Phase 4 will be interesting because in a sense it'll be half of a transition and half new stuff.

It's up in the air whether or not they are doing more Cap, Thor, IM films...and considering those are money makers...they will have to get a slot.

Marvel says they've got plans till 2028 so it'll be interesting :p

I'm just pumped for Civil War :D

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Phase 4 will be interesting because in a sense it'll be half of a transition and half new stuff.

It's up in the air whether or not they are doing more Cap, Thor, IM films...and considering those are money makers...they will have to get a slot.

Marvel says they've got plans till 2028 so it'll be interesting :p

I'm just pumped for Civil War :D

Phase 4, Phase 5, Infinity War... Geesh, I love the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but am I the only one who thinks they're severely oversaturizing it? :confused:

spacemt354

Chili's
Phase 4, Phase 5, Infinity War... Geesh, I love the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but am I the only one who thinks they're severely oversaturizing it? :confused:
It's becoming more of a popular opinion...though until they stop making :greedy: they will keep pumping it out. :bookworm:

Also I consider it a genre now moreso than just specific films. Like there's probably 20 dramas a year in film, same with action, comedy, romance, etc , and next year there will be 3 MCU superhero genre films.

I personally don't think it's over saturated when you look at it like that...but you're also probably asking the wrong person. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom