What if Disney brought back Alien Encounter?

Tim G

Goofybynature said:
The morale of this rant is IF ITS TOO SCARY FOR YOU DON'T RIDE IT AND IF YOU DO DON'T RUIN THE PEOPLES FUN BY COMPLAINING ABOUT IT AND FORCING DISNEY TO GET RID OF IT!![/SIZE] :fork: [/SIZE]

Rant over :fork: :mad: :dazzle: :) :animwink:
Errr... AE was meant to be scary, that's why there were warning signs... you know... those warning signs that all the parents always ignore... Yep those warning signs...

Think it's time for a new ride... called HTTPTRWS :lookaroun

How To Teach Parents To Read Warning Signs... :lookaroun

Tigger1988

Goofybynature said:
how the hell does Space Mountain and pirates of the carribean (this attraction was not liked by the creator of Disney) fit into the Disney theme

If Walt didn't like PotC I doubt he would put it in Disneyland

Connor002

Goofybynature said:
This is what really irritates me about most of the members on this board, if its too scary for you don't go on it! Its not like it didn't warn the public that it may frighten.
There is an inherent suspension of disbelief when in the Magic Kingdom.
It is a "Magical Place," not so much a place for aliens savagely devouring people...

This conception may or may not be a good thing, that's up to opinion.

Because of too many people like these complaining about this QAULITY disney attraction being too scary for them they have to ruin it for the people who did enjoy it and are now stuck with the god awful Stitchs great escape!
Unfortunately, it seems you were the minority.

If someone puts one more point to me about how it dosn't suit the disney theme I will pull my hair out,

Excellent...

how the hell does Space Mountain and pirates of the carribean... fit into the Disney theme,
Intergalactic Space travel is still a dream of tomorrow, no?
PotC is adventurous, no?
(this attraction was not liked by the creator of Disney)
Absolutely false. Pirates of the Caribbean was one of Walt Disney's pet projects, and the last which he influenced. Hardly grounds for dislike.
there wasn't a movie made and there was no link to Disney when it was created.
I'm sorry, but this point makes no sense whatsoever.

POtC was scary when it came out
Really, was it now? Interesting... yet unsupported by anything more then the ramblings of your own creation.
but people came to love it, yet people don't complain about these attractions (too much).
You're comparisons of Alien Encounter and Pirates of the Caribbean is not only inane, but confusing and disjointed as well.
Face it, some members of the public and there complaints ruined alot of fun that I used to share with my family rather then head the warnings.
Hmm... slightly selfish... if the majority of people wanted a change (or at least a substantial amount), there is grounds for such. All I'm seeing here is your own wants overriding any concern for the common guest.
Disney, the [A.] fair majority of the public and myself have lost out on a [B.] disney classic because of a few [C.] scared idiots (not pointing at anyone in particular btw).

A. I am not sure that is an accurate figure.
B. I disagree highly.
C. No, I'm sorry, but that seems to have crossed the line. Insulting other's fears and reactions to an attraction is not acceptable by any standard.

And now were stuck with SGE :fork: . My 2nd favourite ever Disney attraction is gone and I'm very bitter about it.

It may be time to move on...

The morale of this rant is IF ITS TOO SCARY FOR YOU DON'T RIDE IT AND IF YOU DO DON'T RUIN THE PEOPLES FUN BY COMPLAINING ABOUT IT AND FORCING DISNEY TO GET RID OF IT!! :fork:
That's not a moral, that's more like an angry rant.

Rant over :fork: :mad: :dazzle: :) :animwink:
Finally...

JeffH

I think they should restore a renovated AE to it's original location and move the Stitch animatronic figure to some other location/attraction...like maybe part of the Mickey Mania project where either he's shooting with you or at you?

metscool

They should bring it back. Stitch is not a good ride for younger kids. The movie was meant for kids. But the ride isn't.

robertiscool88

Goofybynature said:
The morale of this rant is IF ITS TOO SCARY FOR YOU DON'T RIDE IT AND IF YOU DO DON'T RUIN THE PEOPLES FUN BY COMPLAINING ABOUT IT AND FORCING DISNEY TO GET RID OF IT!! :fork:

I really agree with you there.

Lee

Adventurer
Connor002 said:
Goofybynature said:
The morale of this rant is IF ITS TOO SCARY FOR YOU DON'T RIDE IT AND IF YOU DO DON'T RUIN THE PEOPLES FUN BY COMPLAINING ABOUT IT AND FORCING DISNEY TO GET RID OF IT!!
That's not a moral, that's more like an angry rant.

Maybe....but completely, totally true. :cool:

dxwwf3

Connor002 said:
There is an inherent suspension of disbelief when in the Magic Kingdom.
It is a "Magical Place," not so much a place for aliens savagely devouring people...

I'm sorry, but I don't get this whole "there's no place for aliens savagely devouring people in the MK" argument. It sounds to me like you need to be more open about what kind of attraction can be in the Magic Kingdom. If you didn't like the attraction, that's fine. But why in the world would you want to limit the kind of attractions that can or cannot be enjoyed in the Magic Kingdom. Luckily Disneyland visitors don't see to have that problem.

Connor002 said:
Insulting other's fears and reactions to an attraction is not acceptable by any standard

True, but if they didn't know what they were getting in to and THEN they complained about it, then "scared idiots" would be quite accurate.

Princess Kaylee

What if Disney brought back Alien Encounter to the MK.:D Still Keeping Stitche's Great Escape, just add a new building where the Chairlift ride used to be( cant remember the name of it).

I know there are tons of guests out there that want it to be back in the park.

So give me your thoughts on this.

I don't care what they put there, just get rid of Stitches Great Escape!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The smart thing to do is to move it to EPCOT. Magic Kingdom is stereotypically the kid-friendly, family friendly theme park that really shouldn't have anything scarier than The Haunted Mansion. EPCOT is trying to find itself, honestly. Hollywood Studios wouldn't be a good idea because the theming doesn't fit into the park. EPCOT is futuristic, in a way. A good place to put it is as a replacement for one of the Innoventions buildings. (And make the OTHER innoventions building just SUM of all thrills as its own big attraction.)

danyoung56

Walt Disney had an ideal and a philosophy- that people young and old can experience an attraction together.

I've seen this several times over the years, and I believe it to be in error. I don't think Walt ever planned on everyone being able to ride every attraction together. He was talking about a place where families could have fun together. But does that mean that I, as an adult, have to ride the carousel along with my kids? No way. And even back in Walt's time there were attractions like Pirates or the Haunted Mansion that were too intense for some little ones. But as long as there was something for everyone, Walt was happy.

That said, I agree that Alien Encounter was WAY too intense for a Disney park. It was a better attraction than what's there now, but it was still over the top.

KrazyKat

I would LOVE for this to come back this time at DHS, maybe somewhere near Sci-Fi Diner if there is room with Star Wars coming. Imagine what they could do now with some cool digital projections?

Ginzuishou

Alien Encounter was a really great ride, but after a few rides it lost the wow factor. I don't mind that it is gone, but I would prefer something besides Stitch.

kjb101791

1 theater with Stitch
1 theater with Alien Encounter
1 theater with Captain Eo

If your child doesn't develop a complex in one theater, please move on to the next.

KDM31091

I would love to see something like Alien Encounter come back. An attraction for adults to enjoy. What's the harm in ONE ride in the entire park being exclusively for adults? It had PLENTY of signage to this effect so people whose kids got scared should blame themselves for taking their kids on it -- not like they weren't warned.

I am honestly shocked Stitch is still running considering all the bad reviews it gets. I guess it's cheaper to just leave it in place than to bother coming up with something new, but to me, most of the elements from AE that a kid would have been scared about (darkness, noise, restraints) still exist in Stitch so not sure why it was worth changing as the fundamentals are the same and could still frighten children. So we lost a great attraction for a very slightly more kid friendly version of the same thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom