What I think...as of today...for now...

Grizzly Hall 71

But those airings are rare, and the exception to the rule, and only the most well-known of Walt-era productions. Everything else is being neglected and forgotten.

And I disagree that the only thing Disney makes for teens is the Disney channel.

Every film Walt ever made was made for the whole family - for people of all ages (see my signature). When I was I teen I LOVED this stuff (and still do!), even though it was made before I was born! The problem with a lot of modern entertainment IMO is it's become too fragmented, with things just trying to appeal to one age group. Very few things are being made nowadays that are "targeted" at the whole family enjoying them together, like the classic Walt stuff was. Disney Feature Animation and Pixar films being a notable exception.

Times are changing Dave. What a family enjoyed together in the 1940's-1960's isn't the same as what an family would enjoy together today. Yes for a whole Disney Fanatic family it's good but there are other people.

Evil Genius

Disney is trying to keep up with the changing times with Disney Channel. Being stuck in the past is not good. Walt always said keep moving forward and that's what they did. I don't understand, so Disney Channel isn't for you. Then don't watch it. No one is making anyone watch Disney Channel. If you don't like it, turn to another Disney owned channel. ESPN (2,classic,deportes, etc.), Lifetime, ABC, SoapNet, Disney XD, and a whole bunch of others.

There's a difference between "keep moving forward" and 'let's keep churning out the same vanilla cookie cutter sitcoms! It's no wonder the ratings are good for these shows...they air them non-stop!

I'm all for progress but in the immortal words of my six-year-old daughter..."you're doing it wrong!".

David S.

I hate to contribute to this thread drift...but I'd like to point to the fact that on my Direct TV subscription I have five Disney channels...FIVE! All of which show the EXACT same programming about two hours apart from one another! You cannot tell me that they couldn't utilize one of these channels as a "Vault Disney" network to show The Wonderful World of Disney, Donal Duck Presents, Dumbo's Circus, Good Morning Mickey, Mousterpeice Theatre and the like!

There is quite honestly NO excuse for this blantant disuse of classic Disney films and shorts...none whatsoever! Not when they feel they can show the EXACT same homogenized tween sitcoms and films ad nauseum!

THANK YOU! Grizz seems to think I want them to get rid of all the tween shows, but I didn't mean that!

But there is no excuse to neglect the classics COMPLETELY, both on the main Disney channel and the apparent subchannels. Turn one of those other channels into a "Vault Disney" channel, as you suggested, and they would make a lot of people happy!

And I'm sorry if my part in the "thread drift" offended anyone! ;)

Tigger1988

Times are changing Dave. What a family enjoyed together in the 1940's-1960's isn't the same as what an family would enjoy together today. Yes for a whole Disney Fanatic family it's good but there are other people.

If a family can't enjoy Disney programming on the DISNEY channel maybe they should tune into Teen Nick, or Nickelodeon. The company is smart enough to find a balance in programming, I'm sure.

Time for you to poof.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
There's a difference between "keep moving forward" and 'let's keep churning out the same vanilla cookie cutter sitcoms! It's no wonder the ratings are good for these shows...they air them non-stop!

I'm all for progress but in the immortal words of my six-year-old daughter..."you're doing it wrong!".

Because after all, sitcoms are timeless....:brick:

IWant2GoNow

I declare this thread....

hd-104-mostlydeadtombstone.jpg

:dazzle:

Grizzly Hall 71

Well for all of you who don't like the current Disney Channel, write a letter. Don't complain here. There's no need. If it ain't broke don't fix it once again. If you don't like what they're doing let them know not me. I'm fine with it. I have all my classic Walt's stack up in chronological order in my room. There's no need to watch them on TV for me.

David S.

Disney is trying to keep up with the changing times with Disney Channel. Being stuck in the past is not good. Walt always said keep moving forward and that's what they did. I don't understand, so Disney Channel isn't for you. Then don't watch it. No one is making anyone watch Disney Channel. If you don't like it, turn to another Disney owned channel. ESPN (2,classic,deportes, etc.), Lifetime, ABC, SoapNet, Disney XD, and a whole bunch of others.

Why should I turn to those others when NONE of them show the classic Walt-era shows I am looking for?

And those Walt-era shows and films are NOT "stuck in the past". They are timeless and evergreen.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Oh yeah P-O-T-T-E-R S-W-A-T-T-E-R under construction.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
No. Not at MK it's not.
Nobody, including WDI and TDO is thinking that way.

OK, folks.
There is an animation and TV forum for discussions about Disney Channel and animated features.
This is not that forum.

Now... FLE...discuss...

Mr.EPCOT

High School Musical, Hannah Montana, etc. might be successful programming that is very popular with tweens, but that doesn't mean that's all the Disney Channel should offer. There's nothing wrong with a small part of their programming oriented that way, but strictly focusing on that is extremely short-sighted, especially with all that the Walt Disney Company has to offer. If they were wise, the Disney Channel would go back to offering a wide variety of shows that appeal to everybody, and then create a Teen Disney cable channel for all of that supposedly "popular" crap.

David S.

Well for all of you who don't like the current Disney Channel, write a letter. Don't complain here. There's no need. If it ain't broke don't fix it once again. If you don't like what they're doing let them know not me. I'm fine with it. I have all my classic Walt's stack up in chronological order in my room. There's no need to watch them on TV for me.

Well, the complaints only got perpetuated cause you keep arguing with us! You can't have your say and then complain when people disagree with you and ask us to stop talking. So if you go back to your promised retirement we will drop it!

And the discussion WAS relevent initially to the thread because people were saying young children no longer knew the classics. I stated that this was because Disney Channel no longer showed them. You were the one that caused the drift by arguing about my opinion of the Disney channel. And you might have all your "classic Walt's", but how is the next generation supposed to know about them if they never show them?

And you don't have ALL of the classic Walt's (unless you have old VHS tapes taped off of TV) because at LEAST 95 percent of the Disneyland/Walt Disney Presents/Wonderful World Of Color/Wonderful World Of Disney episodes (the longest running show in the history of TV that ran for 30 YEARS! are NOT available on home video!

And that's why we want them on TV, Brett!

SeaCastle

No. Not at MK it's not.

Hey Lee, are any of the Potter-Swatters at the other three parks nearing the green-light? Has FLE or Tom Staggs played any role in this?

jt04

No. Not at MK it's not.

They should be. This has major E ticket potential. I'm talking right up there with PotC and HM. The complex could include the mine ride, an Aurora walk-through also at utilidor level, above ground the Aurora mill/m&g, the BBB store, and a Cindy m&g in the chateau. That would equal potter swatter by my amateur "outside looking in" estimation.

And then they still have the old SWSA to repurpose. Faints. :dazzle:

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
They should be. This has major E ticket potential. I'm talking right up there with PotC and HM. The complex could include the mine ride, an Aurora walk-through also at utilidor level, above ground the Aurora mill/m&g, the BBB store, and a Cindy m&g in the chateau. That would equal potter swatter by my amateur "outside looking in" estimation.

And then they still have the old SWSA to repurpose. Faints. :dazzle:

Yeah....go ahead and write them a check for...oh...a hundred million or so and I'm sure they'll get right on it.

misterID

Is the BK/MI hybrid for AK still being considered?

Now that it looks like the 20K movie is going forward, I'm wondering if that would help push it forward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom