What Happened to Mickey, Minnie, & Donald's houses/boat?

yensid67

Original Poster
Since Fantasyland is now complete, I was thinking about what happened to Mickey's and Minnie's houses and Donald's Boat from Toontown !? Did they take them down and store them(I assume they did) OR did they just take a bulldozer and demolish them to the ground?
If ya think about it, this is where the Disney characters live, Cinderella has her castle, Belle and the beast has their abodes...until they decide to tear them down for something!!! I always thought they should have moved the houses and boat to one of the roads in Disney World...Buena Vista Blvd.
They could have easily fixed a small plot of land that wasn't being used and made it look like their yard with their houses. To make things even more fun for kids and kids at heart, they could make pull offs in front of the houses so guests can drive up to the mailbox and drop off a letter to Mickey, Minnie or Donald. This is the land of Mickey and the gang so seeing their houses as you drive down World Drive or another road wouldn't be too far fetched! Now seeing Mickey coming out of Minnies house early in the AM with nothing but a robe and getting into his Mousemobile....THAT would be an interesting sight aand a good one to explain to your little ones! (LOL)

Cmdr_Crimson

Most of it went here.....
Dumpster.jpg

However, many props were taken to the Archives or being reused..The christmas trees that were in front during the holidays are now used in DL's Toontown..
MK_Toontown_MickeysOutdoorTree_sowa.jpg
f9b6c25160341c7c876aeda9310875c6.jpg

This also includes the portraits that were in Minnie's house.. Plus her Mailbox and directional sign...
DSC03179.jpg

Mickey's Birdhouse that was in his garage was moved to the Main Street Theater Gift shop..
tst12-600.jpg

Goofyernmost

Since Fantasyland is now complete, I was thinking about what happened to Mickey's and Minnie's houses and Donald's Boat from Toontown !? Did they take them down and store them(I assume they did) OR did they just take a bulldozer and demolish them to the ground?
If ya think about it, this is where the Disney characters live, Cinderella has her castle, Belle and the beast has their abodes...until they decide to tear them down for something!!! I always thought they should have moved the houses and boat to one of the roads in Disney World...Buena Vista Blvd.
They could have easily fixed a small plot of land that wasn't being used and made it look like their yard with their houses. To make things even more fun for kids and kids at heart, they could make pull offs in front of the houses so guests can drive up to the mailbox and drop off a letter to Mickey, Minnie or Donald. This is the land of Mickey and the gang so seeing their houses as you drive down World Drive or another road wouldn't be too far fetched! Now seeing Mickey coming out of Minnies house early in the AM with nothing but a robe and getting into his Mousemobile....THAT would be an interesting sight aand a good one to explain to your little ones! (LOL)
Now you come up with the idea! Sadly, too late.

KDM31091

IMO, it's sad, and what we got really doesn't replace what was lost. Was there really a need to rip out Mickey and Minnie's Houses purely for space? It seems like they could have left them alone if they really wanted to. The Boat I'm not as concerned about I guess, but it sure seems like a lot of the "new Fantasyland" takes up more space than it really needed to.

I would have preferred the houses at least had remained in place.

Punky

Only saw Toontown once when I was younger. I was disappointed when I took my daughter for the first time and it was gone (Mr Toad too). At first I was excited about New Fantasyland and then I experienced it... just wasn't impressed. Don't worry though... New Fantasyland isn't the only thing I'm not a fan of.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Only saw Toontown once when I was younger. I was disappointed when I took my daughter for the first time and it was gone (Mr Toad too). At first I was excited about New Fantasyland and then I experienced it... just wasn't impressed. Don't worry though... New Fantasyland isn't the only thing I'm not a fan of.
oh thank god, I was super worried before. Now I'm not.

Phonedave

If ya think about it, this is where the Disney characters live, Cinderella has her castle, Belle and the beast has their abodes...until they decide to tear them down for something!!! I always thought they should have moved the houses and boat to one of the roads in Disney World...Buena Vista Blvd.)

I thought the story was that they were their houses when they visited Florida, and that they actually lived in CA, or something to that effect.

DrummerAlly

Their houses were foreclosed on during the recession. Poor Mickey and Minnie.

This is why we now have to pay increasingly ridiculous ticket prices. Better hope Cindy makes her bills.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom