What do you all do for the day you leave to go home?

MOMI2KIDS

Original Poster
Just wondering if you all make big eating plans for the day you leave to go home.
This trip our plane home doesn't leave until 5:40 pm.
So I'm figuring leaving WL at 2:40 for the airport.

That leaves us breakfast and lunch and all morning at the MK.

Just wondering.
Thanks
Lisa

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Cry uncontrollably :cry:?

Actually, we went to MGM Studios [it was the park we had spent the least time at] and rode ToT and RnRC a few last times. Grabbed lunch at Sci Fi and then sullenly went to catch DME to MCO.

We were pretty tired after our week, MGM had rides we liked in proximity to each other. In theory, that meant we squeezed more in...

dandaman

Last time, we had a character breakfast before we left, at 1900 Park Fare. Pretty nice ending to a spectacular vacation. :D

Note: The last day, we usually spend at MK, then head over to MGM for a final showing of Fantasmic.

Dubman

We usually we check out of our hotel and head over to Downtown Disney.. Walk around and have some lunch.. :cry: a little... Get some ice cream.. :cry: a little more.. And have a drink by the water.. :cry: yet some more.. Then head to the airport and back to reality.. More :cry: ing.. You basically get my point...

inDisney

I hate the last day or the night before the last day of any vacation. I hate the night before because I know I have to leave the next day. During the last day, I get all sad and start to think of all the stuff I have to do when I get home. I hate it.

BRER STITCH

We always schedule the last flight of the day to go back home just to get the most out of our vacation time.

Because of this, our plane usually leaves between 5 and 6PM. This gives us plenty of time to spend another 5 hours in the Magic Kingdom on the last day. Usually we are up for a quick breakfast at the resort, drop our bags off at the Bell Services Desk, and catch the first bus to the MK. About noon we grab lunch somewhere in the park and then make our way slowly back to the resort to freshen up and catch the ME bus to the airport.

You could also spend the day shopping and dining at Downtown Disney and save yourself a day of park tickets!

Either way, it sure beats having to get up early and race to catch a flight!

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

I :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: as well; my last day at Disney we always go to the Magic Kingdom and ride a few rides. It is really hard to enjoy the last few rides because you know that in just a little while you will leave. I remember my first trip to Disney on my last night, I was in Toontown watching Fantasy In the Sky Fireworks. I began to cry and cry because I thought I was never going to come back. Well, that was 12 trips ago!!!!

"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you...."

CAPTAIN HOOK

All depends on what time the flight is. We ALWAYS do breakfast and then IF there's time take in one of the parks for a couple of hours and have a snack for lunch. No time for anything big and fancy.

pintraderpayee

We have a tradition that we follow every year. We take a school bus load of our teenaged students to WDW every Easter break. On the last day, we check out of our hotel late 10:30am/11am. We do last minute off-site shopping and then head to the parks. We stay ALL day, then return to the bus and drive all night and get home in the late afternoon. (930 miles) My students, my two kids (18 & 12) and I watch the last parade and the fireworks at MK and ALWAYS take the ferry back to Transportation. On the ferry we watch Cindy's Castle with its changing colors and get very teary:cry:. This is when my students realize its over and the "thank you Mrs.__s start, along with many hugs:cry: :cry: . We wake my DH (our #1 driver as well) who has been taking a 2-3 hour nap on the bus and depart for Louisiana.

21 days until the "yellow limo" rolls (27 teens-school bus-930 miles:hammer: :sohappy: )

Scooter

We have breakfast at our resort, then head to the airport.
Orlando airport has some great shops and places to eat so we show up about 3 hours before our flight so we can shop, eat, and explore.
I'm also a worrier, so we usually show up at our departure gate about an hour before our flight so we can make sure everything is on time and on schedule.
There are lots of little stores and coffee shops in the gate areas as well so we have plenty to do until our flight takes off.
Then I get on my plane and cry because I know I'm heading back to reality.:(

MickeyTigg

MOMI2KIDS said:
Just wondering if you all make big eating plans for the day you leave to go home.
This trip our plane home doesn't leave until 5:40 pm.
So I'm figuring leaving WL at 2:40 for the airport.

That leaves us breakfast and lunch and all morning at the MK.

Not generally....we get up check out and have our luggage picked up and stored, then eat breakfast at our resort and head to a park, eat a normal lunch and head back to our resort to get picked up for the airport.

No big, special meals that day for us.

tigsmom

Since we drive we usually have a big breakfast (our favorite - the WCC in the WL), do a little shopping, maybe make a quick visit to the MK for a few last rides and then head on out.

We usually have our "fancy dinner" on the last night...this last trip it was the Yachtsman Steakhouse, then a few drinks with a friend who lives locally.

Pippa

Breakfast in resort and over to MGM or Epcot, do rides and have a light lunch while we contemplate the long flight home :cry:

jesserin

We get up - pack up the car- head to DTD, have lunch - shop - and then head home... every time... it's much more relaxing than heading into the parks and then rushing for us... we like to take it easy that day so we don't arrive home feeling like we need a vacation from our vacation. :)

Nemo14

Depending on our flight time, we usually pack up the night before, cry, sleep, then the next morning pack the last minute things, go for a leisurely breakfast at Boatwright's, then spend whatever time we have left at DTD. Last Feb we made a stop at Mouse Surplus on our way to the airport - great fun!:sohappy:

aeillill

well, generally the night before we leave (well the whole day before we leave actually) we go to the Magic Kingdom do all the rides one last time say good bye to the castle and all the characters, the last thing we do at night is hang out by the castle on Main Street and see The Kiss Goodnight of the castle, cry that we have to go home and won't be back for a while then sadly go back to the hotel.
The actual last day we genrally don't go to a park because it seems a waste of a ticket since we won't be able to spend a full day there, so typically we go to Downtown Disney grab all those souvenirs we forgot to buy throughout the trip, grab lunch and then head to the airport

pinkrose

dandaman said:
Last time, we had a character breakfast before we left, at 1900 Park Fare. Pretty nice ending to a spectacular vacation. :D

Note: The last day, we usually spend at MK, then head over to MGM for a final showing of Fantasmic.
That's what we usually do. Since we drive down, we leave either mid morning or late mornig, so after breakfast, we go to DTD.

Foolish Mortal

Kick, scream, curse then go to MK all day. I ALWAYS get the latest nonstop flight home possible, so before heading back to the hotel to get the bus/Express I'll head to either Harbour house or Cosmic Rays. At the airport I'll grab a hot dog or a slice of pizza.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom