What do you all do for the day you leave to go home?

MKCP 1985

It appears a good number of people do what we usually do - make Downtown Disney the absolute last stop before hitting the road. :D

pinkrose

MKCP 1985 said:
It appears a good number of people do what we usually do - make Downtown Disney the absolute last stop before hitting the road. :D
Gotta get that last min. shopping in :lookaroun

jdvm

We have a tradition of eating dinner on our first night (VERY jetlagged from England) at Concourse Steakhouse and our final meal is usually lunch at Olivia's. I heartily recommend starting a tradition like this. It's nice to know how your trip will begin each time and how it will end each time.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Get up a bit later than usual, load up the car and leave the house, grab breakfast at McDonald's or a breakfast buffet (I think the tradition from now on will be to eat at Trail's End that morning :lol: ), and then make the drive home to West Palm Beach.

TLM323

jesserin said:
We get up - pack up the car- head to DTD, have lunch - shop - and then head home... every time... it's much more relaxing than heading into the parks and then rushing for us... we like to take it easy that day so we don't arrive home feeling like we need a vacation from our vacation. :)

GREAT TOPIC!

This idea (above) sounds like a GREAT PLAN for us to follow ... we too, will be driving home. I certainly don't want to be stressed out on our last day. Thanks Jess for your suggestion! :)

I have made reservations for our Last Night, to see the "Spirit of Aloha" show ... that will be our official "Goodbye" to an AMAZING vacation (and MONTHS & MONTHS of dreaming, planning, waiting) ...

:cry: :cry: :cry: WHY, OH WHY, CAN'T I JUST LIVE THERE??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

~ Tammy

David

Oh, how I HATE the last day!

But anyway, we book a late flight (8:30pm this year) so we can spend all day at the parks. And the last park is always the MK.

My son, now 13, and I have a tradition to end the trip. After the afternoon parade, we walk over to the picture spot of the castle on the Tomorrowland bridge. He takes a picture of his mom and me, then I take his, and we give each other a hug and say we'll be back.

Then the biggest lump comes in my throat as we walk towards the exit.

I repeat, oh, how I HATE the last day!

barnum42

Get up early, head to Animal Kingdom and stay there until I have to drive to the airport. I've been able to stay there 'till almost 4:00pm :D

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
I only live about an hour and 45 minutes away so I admit I am very spoiled. Getting to go more often helps with leaving only in the sense that you know you can come back sooner rather than later.

Still it's magic there so Im not going to lie and say it doesnt get me.

My usual procedure: Spend all day at a park to catch the fireworks - walk to exit swearing that I'm going to work for the Mouse at some point in my life - curse my current job (lol) and make the drive home.

Hey - what can I say it's a tradition....:lol:

(Still wishes for a job there.....)

3IAlienKid

Casey's Corner for lunch in front of the Castle. The Castle is the last memory we want to have before leaving WDW.

One time we had a rather early flight, so we ordered room service, which was actually quite nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom