What did you do?

LindsayLoves

@LindsayLoves sorry to hear about having to pull out of the race. But doesn't run just to run feel liberating every now and then?

It felt wonderful running with no expectations. I can do a long run tomorrow and not make myself push through if it is really miserable (like last weekend, I should've called it a wrap at mile 7 and taken the subway home but I felt like I HAD to get in the last three miserable miles).

imagination30

today 78 degrees , before it got hot .. i Hit the pavement .. it felt kinda gross , bc I havent rean in a while due to the summer heat in the south.. , but I needed to get out today.. bc like i said i felt gross not have ran in a while , but it felt good to open up.. so i was clicking on all cylinders ... after the frist mile or 2. i did 5.54. in a 1:11 by my watch.. and a pace of 13.00, brining my total to 228. 78 , and I went over 100 milkes again... SO disney here i come to break under 2 this year!!! ..:p

Texas84

6 Muggy Miles this morning. 76 F at sunrise (that was the low). Absolutely drenched at finish. 15 for the week. Had one of my better right foot days in a long time. Maybe this magic lotion is kicking in. Or the foam roller. Or both. Have a follow-up appointment this week.

dreamfinder

Sat was 3.1@2i@6:53p. Sun was 8@2i, 7@8:27p, .5@7:30p, .5@6:53p. Today was bike. LSD yesterday felt really good even though I feel like I cheated with the slower pace, but I needed the miles more than the speed.

Texas84

Back from the doc. No shot, he wants to do some muscle and nerve tests next week. When I run my bad right foot feels like it weighs 10 pounds and my good left foot feels like it's on air.

Told the nurse I was running at WDW in January and she asked if I was doing 'that Goofy thing.' Told her about the Dopey and she looked at me like I was crazy. :)

LindsayLoves

Saturday - missed my window for a my long run due to thunderstorms and a late morning commitment so I did a Tabata workout that was murder on my quads.

Sunday - stretching the quads and 5 miles of walking

Monday - rest as my quads were worse than yesterday, it was approximately 1 million degrees with the humidity so this was a good call

Tuesday - 5.25mi @8:50, I looked like I jumped into a lake when I finished this run but this helped loosen up my quads quite a bit, the last mile was miserable and made me think that I should've stopped around 4 miles

Wednesday - 6mi total w/8x400, with paces from 6:25/mi-6:55/mi. My legs were dead during this workout so I really had to push hard for those paces, the 2 mile cool down was a nightmare, my quads were quite unhappy so I took the last mile slow, again should've cut this workout by a mile

Today - 3-4 miles easy on soft surface

@Texas84 - hopefully they can figure out the source of your problems soon, after all you have Dopey in January. I love that the nurse knew about Goofy being a thing, most people look at my like I am crazy when I talk about Disney even having a marathon.

JillC LI

Told her about the Dopey and she looked at me like I was crazy. :)

But you are! ;) Glad you didn't need the shot but I hope they figure out the problem soon.

Monday - rest as my quads were worse than yesterday, it was approximately 1 million degrees with the humidity so this was a good call

I agree with that assessment of the temperature on Monday.

Texas84

Yep, I'm going to an orthopedic complex and they are all runners. So they are working to get me back in shape for Disney. Great people. But doc says keep running. Foot is good right after a run then it locks up when I sit. Spent this morning moving computer equipment and now my foot is killing me.

Finished up my weekly 3-3-3 this morning and took a full minute off my normal time. Not sure where that came from, just felt good. Long run Sunday then switch to 3-4-3 next week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom