What did you do?

imagination30

very hot but beautiful day for a run... , started out walked a few with dad then Ran 4.34 , brining my total for the year so far to 209.18... can i break 300 by christmas!:)

Texas84

Doctor put me on some steroids for my right foot. Day 2 and they are already working. Not a sprain or break, most likely plantar related. Going to buy a foam roller to keep the calves loosened up. Hoping to get back out next weekend.

JillC LI

5 miles on Saturday morning. Hotter and more humid than any run I've done in a long time so it really took a lot out of me. Now that my weekend runs aren't as long as they once were, I can get pretty worn out on a 5 miler in the heat. Ah well, at least I did it. Sunday's exercise was gardening :)

lukacseven

Ran the Oddyssey Half marathon in Philly on Sunday. Start/Finish at Please Touch Museum in Fairmount Park. Small race of about 3,500 runners and one of the very few Philly courses that doesn't follow the same "river loop." The course is not hilly, rather a flat course with a few big hills. The weather was brutal and the 30 minute delayed start, due to a traffic closure issue didn't help, as it only got hotter and more humid. The only saving grace was the course did have a significant amount of shade. Lots of costumed runners (prizes for costumes) and carnival games along the course. Wall-mountable bottle opener medal w/detachable lanyard & pint glasses for all finishers courtesy of Sly Fox Brewery (a local craft), and yes, they had a beer garden where you could fill your glass with their summer pilsner. I'd like to see the same course/concept moved to spring or fall, where weather is more conducive to a half marathon, but still a fun run.

imagination30

ilove night time . sunset walks / runs .. bc of the beauty and how it feels . with that said walked 1.43 with the Parents tonight!.. brining my totla to 210.61 for the year so far..

JillC LI

Ran the Oddyssey Half marathon in Philly on Sunday.
Wall-mountable bottle opener medal w/detachable lanyard & pint glasses for all finishers courtesy of Sly Fox Brewery (a local craft), and yes, they had a beer garden where you could fill your glass with their summer pilsner.

Sounds like a fun race despite the weather.

A did a combination of runs last night. First I went out with DD13 who is on week 3 of her learn to run program, and we did Run 3/Walk 1 minute for 20 minutes. I figured that got me about a mile of running. Then I tagged on another 2.5 miles on my own. I'm so proud of DD for sticking with it, especially with all the stress of finals and regents right now.

JillC LI

3.75 miles on the TM last night. Getting excited about our upcoming trip to Europe including a day at Disneyland Paris!

So sad to see this subforum so quiet. We used to have so many active members. I don't know where everyone disappeared. I enjoyed the running comraderie with fellow Disney fans. Hopefully it will perk up again in the near future.

Mad Stitch

I gotta say I've gained a new appreciation for running over the last 2 weeks. The virtual pacer is my favorite feature on my running watch. Lately I have been working on my speed and I have gotten fast enough where little things will cause me to loose a lot of time. Take a half step to let traffic clear, 2 seconds gone. A large hill to hustle up, 4 seconds gone. I have even seen drastically different results in different weather conditions. I'm amazed how much this stuff chews away your time at these speeds.

Texas84

@JillC LI hopefully it's just the summer dead time. W&D in November and Dopey training should be starting in August.

I'm doing nothing, just trying to get my foot healed. It's better but not 100%. Might call a sports doctor next week. Doc gave me a referral. I did start using the foam roller on my calves and wish I had been doing that all along. Really loosens things up.

JillC LI

Can't take it any more. It's been two weeks. Had to get out and run. 3 miles with half mile intervals for the summer.

I understand. Hope you felt ok afterwards.
As for me, 5 miles on Saturday in the light rain which was kinda nice.

Did someone here recently get a Garmin Forerunner 210? If so, what do you think of it? My 205 is kaput, and I'd rather get a new one than pay $70 + shipping to get it repaired out of warranty. It lasted me over 8 years so I suppose that's pretty good.

JillC LI

20 minutes of Run 4/Walk 1 with DD as she continues (with endless complaints) on her effort to be able to run 2 miles nonstop. At one point I was in front of her, facing her, trying to encourage her to continue, and she yelled, "Stop showing off by running backwards!" LOL. I hadn't realized I was doing that.
Then another 2 miles by myself. It was HOOOOT out.

LindsayLoves

Sunday - Queens 10k - The start got pushed back by an hour due to heavy rain which meant by the time the race was over it was hot and so humid (94%). Ran without my Garmin and told myself to run what felt comfortable. Ended up walking through the water stations the 2nd half of the race and positive splitted like a champion but I finished with a smile on my face. My slowest 10k in a long time but I had fun and got the medal so I am happy with the result.
Finish time - 53:04
Overall: 2165/8650
Female: 421/4159

Yesterday - hot but not humid so I did a nice 4 miles after work. Took it slow the first mile out and then brought the pace down to the mid-8s. Made two quick stops for a sip of water at a fountain, not many other runners out there.

@Mad Stitch - my virtual pacer is my BFF for training and sometimes for races (though I can get a bit obsessed with it so I have been backing off of it a bit lately). I would not buy a running watch that doesn't have that as a feature.

Last edited:

imagination30

On sat . me and my cuzins husband ran 2.02 miles during mt . runs in Piegon forge tn . with a pace of under 10.
all while getting chased by dog... ,

on sunday I walked with my aunt for about 1.40 up steep mountians ... it was fun for me bc i counqured the mountains... , all in all putting me at 214.03 for the year so far.

LindsayLoves

Tuesday - Daily Burn - Butts, Thighs, and Hips workout. This was super easy when I was doing it weekly over the spring, haven't done it in a month and a half and oh boy did it burn. Did some extra core and arm work after.

Wednesday - 6 mile run home from work. Legs were dead from the workout on Tuesday but I got this run completed.

Today - Rest. Taking the Thursday rests seriously. Will definitely do some stretching and foam rolling (which I am making an effort to do everyday) but other than that and my regular walking around the city I am taking these as pure rest days. I have the day off because I will be working the weekend so a matinee of Inside Out is on my agenda.

Texas84

Back from the sports doc. He says it's mild tendinitis and it's OK to run. Still takes about a quarter mile to loosen up. Said the steroid pack I got from my family doc needs 2 more weeks to kick in and he's getting me a magic cream for the Achilles burn. Likes what I'm doing for stretching but said do it 3 times per day. Going back in 4 weeks. If I'm not healed it's the needle for me. :eek:

Oh, and the foam roller on the calves is awesome. Should have listened to everyone here sooner.

JillC LI

4 miles last night on TM. Finally got back to 10 minute pace for the first time since my RA diagnosis.
This will probably be my last post until after we return from Europe. Last day there is Disneyland Paris! Woohoo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom