We've just booked a trip! :)

dave&di

Original Poster
Having just returned over a week ago, I thought how better to get over our WDW blues than to book another trip!!!! :D

We will be staying at POFQ for 9 nights next September!!!!

This is our 1st time at a Moderate as we normally save to do a Deluxe every two but I can't wait another two years so we are downgrading.

We were tempted by Riverside but we don't like the look of the bus system so after researching French Quarter we actually preferred it!

We have chosen a River view which sounds nice :) Flights are booked and I'm ready to go! I still have to finishing unpacking from the last trip!

What a wonderful feeling!!!! :)

ddbowdoin

a week is a solid turn around time, well done my friend!

I booked about 6 weeks after returning home from the disneymoon this summer, so March 2013 here we come (again).

dave&di

Original Poster
a week is a solid turn around time, well done my friend!

I booked about 6 weeks after returning home from the disneymoon this summer, so March 2013 here we come (again).
Congrats! Hope your Disneymoon was amazing. Here's to 2013!!!

Ishwar

French Quarter is an excellent choice!
The bus Transport is fast.. I've stayed there for two weeks and it is amazing. The boat rides to Downtown may take long though. Their food is pretty good too. Hottub anyone?

coachwnh

that is so cool. glad you are able to head back again next fall. like you said, why wait? Enjoy the planning. your 180 days out to ADRs will be here before you know it!

Mukta

Congratulations. Now you just have to wait for discounts to be released and you will be all set. You just missed the cut off for a bounceback.​
I picked POFQ many years ago because of the bus thing and it worked out beautifully.​

dave&di

Original Poster
Good for you guys. I think you will really like POFQ. Now stop posting and work on the TR.
Lol!! I've uploaded a few pics to Photobucket, once I've uploaded another 1,000 I will attempt it!
French Quarter is an excellent choice!
The bus Transport is fast.. I've stayed there for two weeks and it is amazing. The boat rides to Downtown may take long though. Their food is pretty good too. Hottub anyone?
I've never considered FQ before but now I can't believe I've never stayed there! Looks great!
That was quick.
Yeah well book now pay later!!!! :eek:
that is so cool. glad you are able to head back again next fall. like you said, why wait? Enjoy the planning. your 180 days out to ADRs will be here before you know it!
We're getting the Counter Service dining plan for free so we won't really bother about ADR s, we will probably do one for the Sci-Fi Dine In as we loved it last month !
Congratulations. Now you just have to wait for discounts to be released and you will be all set. You just missed the cut off for a bounceback.​

I picked POFQ many years ago because of the bus thing and it worked out beautifully.​
We're from the UK, we get different offers, we have CS free dining, $100 free Disney dollars, 14 day park tickets for the price of 7 days. Plus lots of discounts from Disney shops and eateries!! The free dollars offer runs out mid Nov so we had to decide quick!

PUSH

A week after your last visit? Not too shabby. On our next trip I hope to get over to POFQ (always stay at POR) and grab some beignets. :)

HouCuseChickie

Congrats on booking your trip! Funny, but I'm also thinking about trying a mod on our next trip. Still on the fence since it would be for my 40th and I'd like to really splurge, but we may also do land/sea for this trip- so switching to a mod for the land part may be the way to make this happen. I'm torn between POFQ and PORS if we go this route. Oh well- very exciting to know that you definitely have your next trip on the horizon...less than a year away!!! :D

SulleyanBoo

Congrats! :D

We have stayed at POR 4 times and loved everything about it BUT the bus system and have heard wonderful thing about POFQ so let your countdown begin ;)

KCheatle

Wow!! That's gotta feel good!! That's the only bad part about a Disney vacation: not knowing when you'll be back! That's the rut I'm stuck in now actually. I know we'll go back in 2013, I just don't know when. And, it's driving me a little crazy. I'm definitely one who likes to have a countdown to the trip to keep me sane. But, basically, we said that we'll see where we stand financially after Christmas and at that point, decide what the tiem frame will be to make up the remainder of the payment (i.e., we'll go before the end of 2013, but no idea when). It's reassuring to know we'll go in 2013, but I much prefer to have it booked and a countdown started. Congrats on getting your countdown!! :)

dave&di

Original Poster
Congrats on booking your trip! Funny, but I'm also thinking about trying a mod on our next trip. Still on the fence since it would be for my 40th and I'd like to really splurge, but we may also do land/sea for this trip- so switching to a mod for the land part may be the way to make this happen. I'm torn between POFQ and PORS if we go this route. Oh well- very exciting to know that you definitely have your next trip on the horizon...less than a year away!!! :D
I liked the look of Riverside but the bus system seemed too stressful, but actually French quarter looks better and one simple bus stop!
Congrats! :D

We have stayed at POR 4 times and loved everything about it BUT the bus system and have heard wonderful thing about POFQ so let your countdown begin ;)
Exactly why we chose French quarter over Riverside!
Wow!! That's gotta feel good!! That's the only bad part about a Disney vacation: not knowing when you'll be back! That's the rut I'm stuck in now actually. I know we'll go back in 2013, I just don't know when. And, it's driving me a little crazy. I'm definitely one who likes to have a countdown to the trip to keep me sane. But, basically, we said that we'll see where we stand financially after Christmas and at that point, decide what the tiem frame will be to make up the remainder of the payment (i.e., we'll go before the end of 2013, but no idea when). It's reassuring to know we'll go in 2013, but I much prefer to have it booked and a countdown started. Congrats on getting your countdown!! :)
The main thing is you ARE going in 2013. I understand it must be difficult to relax about your trip until you've booked it. Enjoy Christmas and go from there. May be you could do a countdown till Christmas and then a countdown till WDW!

JIMINYCR

WOW, wish we could be flexible enough to make reservations that fast. Good for you.
We've stayed at POFQ multiple times and love it. On one trip we were at POFQ and friends decided to stay at PORS. Regarding the wait for busses and ride times to parks, we were much happier than they were. Also the layout of the resort is more accommodating at POFQ. PORS might slightly beat POFQ on the food court selections however.

dave&di

Original Poster
WOW, wish we could be flexible enough to make reservations that fast. Good for you.
We've stayed at POFQ multiple times and love it. On one trip we were at POFQ and friends decided to stay at PORS. Regarding the wait for busses and ride times to parks, we were much happier than they were. Also the layout of the resort is more accommodating at POFQ. PORS might slightly beat POFQ on the food court selections however.
The bus system was a big issue for us not booking RS, plus we prefer the smaller layout! I'm more of a casual eater anyway so I'm optimistic about the Food Factory, we may even pop over to RS to eat at the Restaurant!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom