Well, that's sure to cause some mold.

LeighM

Last year, when I was as the Festival Center for the Food & Wine Festival, they had buckets placed around the floor to catch the leaks from the rain. A cast member said that because of how the building is designed, it's not very easy to fix leaks. At least that's what she said :) But while I was standing there looking at some of the merchandise, I felt water dripping on my head. I told the nearby CM that they might need another bucket LOL.

JIMINYCR

Pssssh, Disneys had much worse and never had problems cleaning it up.
In our area there is a river that often floods over its banks when theres a heavy Spring melt. There are sections of homes that are flooded out every time it happens and people have to evacuate until it recedes. Then many call a company that comes in and they clean up the mess. The power vacs and cleaning solutions save many homeowners from ripping out and replacing and theres no mold issues afterwards. If they can do the work on such extensive water issues, Disney can save some minor carpet puddle issues.

Yert3

Original Poster
Thank you all for educating me. I saw the flooding and personally thought it looked pretty devastating. I had no idea it was that easy for them to get the water out. Thanks again.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
50699687.jpg
croppedleekcropped2.jpg

GVentola

Twice in recent years, I have been caught in a downpour at WDW. Both times, I was ready to leave anyway, and I didn't feel like hanging out with strangers under a little bit of shelter, so I braved the rain. Every inch of me was crying, "Gimme shelter!", but I kept on walking through the park and then the parking lot. Didn't bother trying the tram, which goes from mere transportation to water thrill ride when it rains. That was leaving the park, but coming to the park and it rains? Usually, I just call off my plans and eat at some offsite restaurant for my Saturday night outing. That's one of the perks about being an annual passholder--plans to go theme parking can wait until next week. Still, I think back to the oldie that goes, "So many things I would've done, but clouds got in the way."

flexomob

Wow, what an interesting story with a leaky roof at a food festival. And I don't understand how they got permission to hold this festival. I think it violates the rules of food storage, and what happens if dirty water from the roof gets into the plates with food. By the way, I have a similar story. Once I was in an old castle at a festival, there was no leaky roof, but there was something worse. When I went inside, I smelled damp, and later I saw traces of mold on the walls. You probably know that this is dangerous for your health. So I would advise them to contact Orlando remediation experts and get help to remove mold, and then they can invite guests to the festival and treat them to delicious dishes.

Last edited:

macefamily

I saw a similar situation in the Orlando airport rental car area at 11:30 PM one evening. Looked like a pipe burst, but there was
an area at least 12 feet square that was big puddle. Pretty weird that late at night. At least they had a couple workers on top of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom