Weatherific! Brainstorming

Chad

Original Poster
Come on, people, lets get some ideas!

I know weirdone has been chomping at the bit..

Proffesor Sirrus and Ray wanna play with their Cloud-9 Weather-o-matic

WeirdOne

Ok, here is my idea.

Professor Sirrus in Scene 3 starts out with explananions on weahter. Ray is goofing arouynd as usual and blows the lights out in the teater and in the room. He trips over and starts the machine. Then the win blows all around the room, in and out, slow and strong, and even doing a spin like a tornado quickly so guests feel wind. The wind stops and the stage looks like a Hurricane hit. Prof. Sirrus gets mad and yells at Ray as the lighs finally come back on.

Ok, suggestions please.

- The WeirdOne :D

WeirdOne

Also, at the end of the ride, Ray has meeses up the machine so bad, that lasers and lights in all colors go everywhere. Then the whole teather turns into a giant Bubble IMAX as Chad said. We see all kinds of weather in the room, with mist, wind, heat, cold everytihng around us giving us a "suicide mix" of weather (like the drink, you know where you pout every type f soda in the cup ;)). Ok, well, now it's someone elses turn, I don't ant to do this by myself. I got plenty more ideas ;). Well, your turn. - The WeirdOne :D

Chad

Original Poster
Geeez, hard to get you guys going on this..!

Well, lets get a firm foundation going before we start witht he script..

Scenes:

The way I see it, the scenes will go like so...

1. Intro
2. Light Weather (rain, sunshine, snow etc..)
3. Heavy Weather (High winds, Freezing Cold, burning hot, lightining etc..)
4. You pick! This was an idea I come up with a little while ago, it will still use the Bubble imax, but to a lesser degree, and will allow the riders to chose which weather they want to experience..They'd get to compile Two of them, and experience em all, before Ray screws up the machine and it goes crazy, picking random ones and subjecting the poor tourists to all sorts of stuff...How will this be done? Very carefully, of course! And, it will make use of a projecting technique found at EPCOT, where a glass screen is placed infront of a white canvas, any image can be projected onto the glass, and it appears to be as big as the canvas, but you can have multiple, different images all projected at different times.. It's really neat!

WeirdOne

I agree on that. It sounds so lovely. Soory, I'm on a sugar high. Well, now people can give ideas. I'm tired. - The WeirdOne :D

Originally posted by WeirdOne
Ok, here is my idea.

Professor Sirrus in Scene 3 starts out with explananions on weahter. Ray is goofing arouynd as usual and blows the lights out in the teater and in the room. He trips over and starts the machine. Then the win blows all around the room, in and out, slow and strong, and even doing a spin like a tornado quickly so guests feel wind. The wind stops and the stage looks like a Hurricane hit. Prof. Sirrus gets mad and yells at Ray as the lighs finally come back on.

Ok, suggestions please.

- The WeirdOne :D

The seats should tilt with the direction of the wind and perhapse the whole seating area can be on a turn table and the audince can spin when the winds begain too

Chad

Original Poster
Ok, We seem to be having a hard time with this one!!

Out of all the projects we've discussed (counting land of legends, that comes to a large total) this one has to have been the most anticipated, yet biggest crash- and- burner!

I'm leaving on my cruise tommorow! (I'm so HAPPY! I've wet myself three times) Therefore, I'm going to return with ALOT of ideas..I'm hoping that when I get back, you guys will have put some effort into it! Get this project on your minds so when you get an idea, you can sketch something!!

Ok, I'm spent.

Alright I guess I will step up to the plate, I have a drawing and here are some general ideas based of currently proposed ideas plus some of my own:

-Basic set up

scene one: introduction, lead to wind storm
Seats tilt in pattern coordinated with wind direction, ends with whole seating area spinning at the same time transudation "box" filled with debris blown by large fans

scene two: aftermath of wind storm, lead to thunder storm
Seats do side to side tilts only, lightning effects in theater, and thunder sounds, seats vibrate with thunder booms, transition box fills with fog

Scene three: after math of storm, lead to disaster finial

A mix of different weather elements, snow, rain, lightning hail, everything, transition box has fake explosion seats rock back, fills with smoke, smoke clears to final scene

Scene four: conclusion

End of show, exit

Well that is an over view

Here is a basic Diagram:

Attachments

• weatherific.jpg
    weatherific.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 104

Goofster

I think the show would be a lot more fun knowing that you are actually the object moving, rather than the stage. And all the wires and stage stuff on stage, that could get messy.

Leaving the seating stationary though would require multiple entrances/exits and require a more complex queue. It would be simpler this way, and yes like Goofster said rotating the stage could run into some mechanical problems.

WeirdOne

OK, you guys do have a point. Although it would be quite complicated to have the seats move also, but whatever works. I also think there should be 5 scenes and not 4. - The WeirdOne :D

WeirdOne

I would have it as...

Scene 1 - Intro
Scene 2 - Sunny/Cold/Rain
Scene 3 - Wind
Scene 4 - BIG STORM (Tornado or Hurricane)
Scene 5 - TOTAL WEATHER EXPLOSION

I just feel this whole thing shouldn't be about bad storms, but add an extra scene for sunshine and drizzle etc. Also, I feel scenes should be in order of how STRONG they are. Like sunny/cold/rain is weaker that a BIG STORM.

I hope that makes sense. - The WeirdOne :D

Interesting, but how do you propose the theater to be with the addition of the 5th scene assuming we are sticking with the current theater design, other wise what are you proposing as a new design to fit this new format?

WeirdOne

Well, actually, this new design could EASILY be incorporated into our old one. Just add and extra scene and an extra seating area. We are just adding something in. Also, figmentdream, check the Walthrough topic, I added something like yesterday. Also, do we have a "layout" devised for WeatherIfic! our Carousel Of Progress? - The WeirdOne :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom