Weatherific! Brainstorming

No, no that was clear.

I was not really sure how that would work, but okay, I was not aware of lowing the glass down infront of the guests so that had me confused to how it would be done

So are you suggesting the three weather types to be: "fun", "thrilling", and "mixed"; if so I totally think that this should be the way we make the show :)

Chad

Original Poster
Yup!
Compromise is a beautiful thing!
This week is kinda hectis for me, but next week, I'm gonna work on a script. I was hoping the two of you (since we seem to be the only ones working on this project) would also make scripts, then we could compare them against one another, take the best parts out of each, and combine them into a master script.

Alright, I'll add on to what I've started, but let me warn you ahead of time detailed script wiriting is nor my fortee, you may not be using alot of mine in the master script :lookaroun

WeirdOne

Hey Chad, for me, this whole month is very hectic for me. I have final exams every day next week = NO SCRIPT TIME, this week is my projects and papers week, and the week after finals is 9 week tests = NO SCRIPT TME FOR THREE WEEKS, maybe excluding weekends, but those are hard for me to do stuff on as it is. Can we like, set a deadline, lets say next weekend on Sunday, or maybe, say, post scene one by this date, and then so on, etc, etc.

UGH! I can't believe I'm telling you guys this instead of saying, yes people and going ahead and just doing it. I'll try as best as I can to get as much done as possible by Friday, if you guys give me the weekend, I can prolly do some excellent work. Ok, well, I g2g, homework calls, maybe some freetime later. - The WeirdOne :D

P.S. - Chad, I love the scene ideas that you changed, but that thing with individual seats doesn't work for me. I don't see anything that weird or complex in CoP for example. Maybe the whole theather could light up and the lab goes berzek, but FUN and CRAZY not SCARY berzerk?

Figment1986

Have you got a Building exterior shot made yet, If not i made a little free hand drawing of A proposed exterior shot, It shows a round building, with a entrance and exit, A Wind Tunnel over entrance walkway, and a Water Tunnel Over the Exit walk way, It has lightningbolts hitting the sign and building, And twisters tering up the roof, It looks verry nice, Do you like what i said, I might be able to scan it and post it later, I am open to changes on the exterior. It is just a concept art currently.

Chad

Original Poster
Post it...But you have to remember, this is for epcot, it's exterior should be simple and geometric...

Figment1986

Here is the pic.
I hope this works

Attachments

• weather_pavilion.jpg
    weather_pavilion.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 75
While it does seem like a cool design (or atleast the impression of it I can get from the scan ;) ) it really does not fit with eh EPCOT theme. ECPOT pavilions are simple and geometric, it is a nice concept though, maybe just tone it down alittle, subdue the external structures into one smooth shape for the building, also kindof as a side note, do we really want to advertise Tornadoes = weather? the exterior does need to represent the whole pavilion, and the whole pavilion is about all weather.

Here is just an example os something I just whipped up:

Attachments

• soji1.jpg
    soji1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 71

WeirdOne

I liked our original design for the pavillion back in the 'retro' topics. It was a simple windlike design, like sand on a beach forming all shapes and colors and mobiles all around, and a fountain in the front with the pavillion logo with waves breaking against the side of it. Just search thru some old topics. - The WeirdOne :D

P.S. - Nice Designs, IMHO!

Figment1986

What do you guys use for those great computrer generated images. It would actually help, My hand is getting tired of scanning the pics, and before that the drawing.

Figment1986

How about this, 3 Floors. Floor 1. The entrance with line and some exibits. Floor 2: The Main Attraction, And Floor 3: More interactive exibits relating to weather and a Observation deck of all of epcot. The attraction could be placed on Floor 1 and have The traveling exibit thing on Floor 2.

How about that. I will have my drawing done soon.

Figment1986

What about this free hand sketch, not to scale, with hurting hands? I kept the Water Tunnel thing for the exit of the pavilion, And the wind tunnel for the entrance. The wind is slightly and would be used to cool off people, and the water tunnel is the effect used when it goes over the ceiling, not hitting you. It is 3 floors instead of 2, And Dosn't feature any tunder or lightning, not even tornados. Friendly effects on the pavilions exterior. Is this one all right?

Attachments

• weather_pavilion3b.jpg
    weather_pavilion3b.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 67
WierdOne, do you mean the design I attatched? It is my favorite and really get my vote, I just figured it had been scraped since no one mentioned it.

Attachments

• stormout.jpg
    stormout.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 62

WeirdOne

Yeah, that was just an early sketch of that idea I posted above. I think I'll refine it a bit more. Chad did make that, by the way. I'll find time to draw mine hopefully. - The WeirdOne :D

Chad

Original Poster
yep, thats my old design :) I'd like to add more plants to it...
The color scheme is the other thing...I didn't really show it much on the picture, but the columns were going to have this 'eroded' look to them, not like it was worn down, but it would have 'grooves' in the wall, similar to if you had ever seen a mound of sand blown sculpted by the wind...Each groove would be a different shade of a color (for example: light blue dark blue, and regular blue..or dark red light red and reg. red)

But the color theme is still kinda up in the air..I came up with another design that I haven't perfected yet, but this one is my favorite, and allows the most room...

Weirdone didn't like it..he said it looked to much like mission space

:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom