Trip Report We are GROOT!

Hello friends! Well it has finally arrived and the five of us are packed up and headed to Disney World for a mega trip. We are on the road now and stopping in Columbia, South Carolina for the night. (Max we also have 2 Toyotas😁)We left a little later than we wanted to because our 2 cats, sensing our departure, escaped outside.

The cast is the same as usual, my crazy Disney family, my husband, Den, my oldest son Hunter, 18, middle child Camden, 11, Brinley, 7 and me, Deighton! Hunter graduated from highschool on June 2 and is doing a year at community College to get his prerequisites out of the way. Our extended trip is his graduation present. (His choice! Who am I to say no.) Plenty of details to come! Happy Thursday everyone! Woohoo!!
20230607_195608.jpg
20230602_171622.jpg
20230602_175627.jpg

20230608_063815.jpg

Minnie1986

We had a meeting of the minds at lunch. Does anyone want to go back and rest? It was unanimous everyone said no! What do you want to do? It was unanimous, all kids wanted to stay in Epcot and take our time around the world. Off to Mexico we went and took some pictures along the way!View attachment 724086View attachment 724087View attachment 724088
Awe Mexico! One of my favorite pavilions. Where did I go Cava for sure! Blood orange margarita was calling my name! 19 dollars without tip... enough said!View attachment 724090View attachment 724091
The blood orange marg is my absolute favorite😍

Minnie1986

Happy Father's Day to all you amazing Disney Dad's out there!!

Where I left off! The 3 of us walked back to Boardwalk in the nick of time before the rain came down, down, down. Brin was awake and ready for food. We all took a quick juant to the general store for food and drinks. Then off to the pizza window. I was still not feeling hungry 7 hours later.
ate too much girlfriend GIF

The kids took the food upstairs and we ducked the raindrops and headed to the bar at Flying Fish with intentions of having a few drinks and getting to bed early. We were there for 2 hours and Den was hungry and eventually I was, too. I guess, we were pregaming for Father's Day. View attachment 724751
Since we were at Flying Fish on Tuesday, they had rolled out a new menu. Octopus was a new appetizer. Den loves octopus. I will be honest, I like the texture but it doesn't taste like anything to me even with saffron.
It was Father's Day eve so he got it and ate most of it.

Then I made the best food decision of the trip so far but I bet it remains for the rest of our trip! I ordered a rare strip steak w/ bernaise and 12 layered potato cake. View attachment 724752
One of the best steaks I have ever had. People splurge and try this! The dry rub crusts up perfectly. Fun fact from Bill, the second best bartender in Disney, it has been on the menu for 25 years for a reason! Den and I took our time sharing and I was very protective of my half🤣

I have missed the Trattoria this trip but we never would have given Flying Fish a try. Just goes to show everything happens for a reason! Flying Fish is now a must do like Brown Derby or Homecoming for us!
Pardon me as I drool over that entire plate

Minnie1986

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom