WDW to Build New North Entrance to Property

Brad Bishop

It makes sense to me to have a North entrance there for cast members and locals who live North of the Magic Kingdom. It doesn't make it a tourist entrance as the vast majority of tourists will arrive via all of the main entrances to the South, East, and West. For a tourist you'd really have to want to go out of your way to "experience" the Northern entrance and it'd make no sense.

For locals (those living in that pocket North of the MK), it makes complete sense if they're heading to the parks to just drive in through the North entrance. Seems to me that by reworking that intersection and extending Florida Way that they could alleviate some of the traffic congestion there. Build a berm with bushes to had the industrial backstage area and it's a win.

wogwog

The outlined buildings are modular. A couple of friends and I could knock them down with a backhoe. It would not take skilled labor or a lot of equipment. I have been in the buildings with a cast friend. So It may be Disney is going to take them down with in house staff. They are currently obviously empty and all the lots adjacent have been cleared of vehicles and the like. Drove by there today.

Ok, I will admit my estimate of "a couple of friends and a backhoe" could knock the buildings down. I drove past there yesterday about 10 AM and saw about five guys and a backhoe. On my return trip about 2 PM the smaller of the two buildings was ruble. The bigger one may take an entire day.

COProgressFan

Those are low income-housing, correct? I looked into them and i was told I earned too much to live there.

I believe the housing directly behind the cast lot, across Reams is income based.

But the issue about the growth of residential development north the MK in Windermere and Winter Garden involves the full gamut of low-income to multimillion dollar homes.

Grumpy1973

Those are low income-housing, correct? I looked into them and i was told I earned too much to live there.
There's a lot of "200-600k" subdivisions around there too, why the need to generalize only the "low income housing", poster could very well be posting from a $250K city home, plenty of those around the north entrance..

Last edited:

Grumpy1973

I think if this new North Entrance is constructed like the Western Way entrance it may end up being very popular with guests traveling from the northeast (I-95/I-4) to Magic Kingdom resorts as it would save some travel time and distance.. I can't see how this could be "out of the way" if staying at CR/Poly/GF/WL

Slipknot

If they are creating a new roadway, whether for CMs or no one in particular, they better put some stoplights in and make a turn lane because cast connection's entrance/exit created a lot of accidents on Reams Road and that was a small parking lot. If this is a road and not just an expansion of the MK Cast parking lot, it will be hell for those who live across the road have a b**** of a time getting out of the neighborhood right now when CMs are going home for the day.

As of right now, they've demolished the trailer that sold unclaimed lost and found and are trucking it out in garbage container trucks.

raven

There's a lot of "200-600k" subdivisions around there too, why the need to generalize only the "low income housing", poster could very well be posting from a $250K city home, plenty of those around the north entrance..

I stated it as a question to that person.

wogwog

If they are creating a new roadway, whether for CMs or no one in particular, they better put some stoplights in and make a turn lane because cast connection's entrance/exit created a lot of accidents on Reams Road and that was a small parking lot. If this is a road and not just an expansion of the MK Cast parking lot, it will be hell for those who live across the road have a b**** of a time getting out of the neighborhood right now when CMs are going home for the day.

As of right now, they've demolished the trailer that sold unclaimed lost and found and are trucking it out in garbage container trucks.
Traffic signals and turn lanes are part of the total project.

TimeTrip

I think if this new North Entrance is constructed like the Western Way entrance it may end up being very popular with guests traveling from the northeast (I-95/I-4) to Magic Kingdom resorts as it would save some travel time and distance.. I can't see how this could be "out of the way" if staying at CR/Poly/GF/WL
I don't believe that's true at all by a longshot. There isn't any easy or direct way to get to that entrance from that direction. You're either travelling slowly across Windermere... Crossing over to 429 via 408, or backtracking via the turnpike to 429... Or going back up 535 north in which case you're already at Disney. It's not like they're building a direct feeder from i4.

Last edited:

Grumpy1973

I don't believe that's true at all by a longshot. There isn't any easy or direct way to get to that entrance from that direction. You're either travelling slowly across Windermere... Crossing over to 429 via 408, or backtracking via the turnpike to 429... Or going back up 535 north in which case you're already at Disney. It's not like they're building a direct feeder from i4.
Well I live here and travel this way daily for work and we enter MK this way at least once every two weeks so it's no "long shot".. It's a direct shot from 429, 4 lane road more than 1/2 the way and 45 MPH speed limit (I know what u mean by crawling through Windermere but this can be avoided).. If someone were to be going straight to Grand Floridian from any east coast state (95-I-4) it is my "opinion" that going this way, even as the roads are today, would save at least 10-15 minutes of travel time.. Yes it would mean leaving I-4 to access 429 (which can be accomplished without the 408), sorry I wasn't clear on that part..and they already have plenty of "direct feeders" from I-4, this IMO will be built to eliminate the daily FHP traffic directors, that's the purpose this will serve, but I stand by my statement that if constructed just like the Western Beltway entrance it will get plenty of traffic from MK resort guests (and locals and employees which are a given)

Last edited:

Brad Bishop

That's what I was thinking, plus, there's already several direct feeders from I-4. In the I-95/I-4 scenario it makes the most sense to take Epcot Center Dr. or one of the other normal entrances, depending on your destination.

TimeTrip

Well I live here and travel this way daily for work and we enter MK this way at least once every two weeks so it's no "long shot".. It's a direct shot from 429, 4 lane road more than 1/2 the way and 45 MPH speed limit (I know what u mean by crawling through Windermere but this can be avoided).. If someone were to be going straight to Grand Floridian from any east coast state (95-I-4) it is my "opinion" that going this way, even as the roads are today, would save at least 10-15 minutes of travel time.. Yes it would mean leaving I-4 to access 429 (which can be accomplished without the 408), sorry I wasn't clear on that part..and they already have plenty of "direct feeders" from I-4, this IMO will be built to eliminate the daily FHP traffic directors, that's the purpose this will serve, but I stand by my statement that if constructed just like the Western Beltway entrance it will get plenty of traffic from MK resort guests (and locals and employees which are a given)

How would you get over to 429 efficiently in a way to save 10-15 minutes? I don't see how that's possible unless there is major traffic (rush hour) on i4 in which case the only real option is 414. I am curious though as living in Longwood puts me right in the target group, and i4 has been the quickest for MK, even with some i4 traffic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom