WDW Ticket Prices

betty rose

If your with a family of varied ages and riding rides is the main thing, Disney is going to offer more because there are more rides for you to do as a family. But I found Universal to have WDW beat in terms of how well developed the Wizarding World was. Are there many places in Disney World anymore that feel populated with special nooks and crannies, stores that sell things you can only get at that particular store and nowhere else in the park? Thats what you get when you stroll around Diagon Alley. And you don't have to pay or wait in a line to enjoy this stuff, just walking around is a joy. And the hotels are starting to beat out Disney too, I mean at Cabana Bay you can walk to the park in about 15 to 20 mins. And thats the farthest one. Also the merch at the hotel is pretty cool, hotel specific stuff with it's name on it, the refillable mugs have the hotel names on it...little things like that make a difference to me
Thank for your perspective, I'm going to show this to my family. Still trying to convince them to switch, or heck I may just go by myself.

BrerJon

If your with a family of varied ages and riding rides is the main thing, Disney is going to offer more because there are more rides for you to do as a family. But I found Universal to have WDW beat in terms of how well developed the Wizarding World was. Are there many places in Disney World anymore that feel populated with special nooks and crannies, stores that sell things you can only get at that particular store and nowhere else in the park? Thats what you get when you stroll around Diagon Alley. And you don't have to pay or wait in a line to enjoy this stuff, just walking around is a joy. And the hotels are starting to beat out Disney too, I mean at Cabana Bay you can walk to the park in about 15 to 20 mins. And thats the farthest one. Also the merch at the hotel is pretty cool, hotel specific stuff with it's name on it, the refillable mugs have the hotel names on it...little things like that make a difference to me

Cabana Bay is supposed to compete with the Disney Value resorts if you look at the pricing and marketing, but there's no question if you picked it up and plopped it in WDW it would be considered a Moderate as it's so much better.

betty rose

If you do go, please do post a trip report in the Universal section of this site! It's always great to hear a new perspective on parks. I hope you have a great time, and make sure to try a Butterbeer!
Great idea, I will be sure to post on the Universal sight. I'm getting excited about seeing something new, to me!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I just don't get any justification of increasing prices in a park that has removed parades, attractions and entertainment.

Hollywood Studios now offers less than ever before? At a quick count I think they have as many actual rides (not attractions) as they have dining establishments.

I absolutely hate what disney are getting away with. The whole Walt Disney World experience has become anything but spontaneous, there is no fun anymore, there is very little that's new and prices squeeze and squeeze every penny out of people.

AP holders should really stand up and create more voice - DVC likewise. Not just rant about it on discussion forums but in more main stream media channels. Compare benefits of a Walt Disney World AP to that of a Disneyland AP (where they have special events and exclusive showings). At disneyland you can walk up to a table service restaurant and get a seat. People need to share more of their negative MM+, poor dining offerings and lack of park innovation to their friends.

Those of us who DO complain about all the above draw the wrath of the 'Disney can do no wrong crowd'

rob0519

We are not entitled to new attractions.
We are not entitled to low prices.

Its always good for a laugh to read how people think they are, even though they never ever were, no matter how many times they bring up Walt's name.

I had this debate with someone yesterday who started the whole "Walt Disney wanted a clean, fun affordable place for families to enjoy". Walt was a creatvie visionary, who unfortunately died well before WDW opened. Honestly, even if anyone had a clue as to what Walt "wanted", those days are long gone. Disney is a public corporation. Like it or not (and with the current prices I don't like it) as an entity it's only responsibility is to make as much money as possible for it's shareholders. As long as people continue to pack the resorts and the parks, prices will continue to rise.

As customer's what we are entitled to is "fair value" for our money and only we can determine what is fair. WDW is such a unique experience that people are willing to pay outrageous prices and continually lower their definition of "fair value". I confess, our family has made the tough decision that the value for the buck is no longer fair. This will be the third consecutive year we will not be going to the world after two decades of regular visits.

betty rose

I had this debate with someone yesterday who started the whole "Walt Disney wanted a clean, fun affordable place for families to enjoy". Walt was a creatvie visionary, who unfortunately died well before WDW opened. Honestly, even if anyone had a clue as to what Walt "wanted", those days are long gone. Disney is a public corporation. Like it or not (and with the current prices I don't like it) as an entity it's only responsibility is to make as much money as possible for it's shareholders. As long as people continue to pack the resorts and the parks, prices will continue to rise.

As customer's what we are entitled to is "fair value" for our money and only we can determine what is fair. WDW is such a unique experience that people are willing to pay outrageous prices and continually lower their definition of "fair value". I confess, our family has made the tough decision that the value for the buck is no longer fair. This will be the third consecutive year we will not be going to the world after two decades of regular visits.
Do you have any "cure" for my family's Disney addiction? :)

betty rose

I'm an agent that sells 90% Disney and 10% everything else, but Cabana Bay represents to me what Disney's values should be. *Themed*, not decorated, and executed well in just about every area.
I have no comparison, since you are in the Tourist industry, I'll take you word for it. Still trying to convince my family to do Disney and something else for a change. However, it is hard to do with all the new things coming in the future, at both places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom