WDW Restaurant Fall Madness: Round Two #4.

Splashman

Original Poster
Yesterday this thread was moved to Survival Games which is a sub forum under Trivia and Games (took me 20 minutes to find it). I do not know who moved it or why it was moved as it was not hurting anyone where it was. As it is, this thread barely gets enough votes and permanently moving it to the Survival Games will likely mean the end of the competition as no one is going to see it there. As a result, I am re-posting it here and hoping it stays. These threads will now be under both General Discussion and Survival Games and you could vote in either one as I will check both.

I have already tallied votes from WDWmazprty, Rinx, Stunnerr22, Vernonpush, and Polyman, and you do not need to vote again.

We enter the final set of matches for the second round with 22 out of our original 64 competitors remaining in the field. Hopefully, at the end of this set we will have enough votes to determine our complete sweet 16 field in which the matches will be tougher than ever.

As usual, the first restaurant in each set to receive (12) votes wins the match and you are voting for the restaurant you like better in each match. Also, feel free to include any comments on why you voted that way. If you did not vote in the last set of matches, please vote for the continued matches as well. The matches are:

Continued matches:

San Angel Inn (Epcot) vs. Via Napoli (Epcot) (VN leads 8-7)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge) vs. Tutto Italia Ristorante (Epcot) (WCC leads 11-3)

New matches:

Hollywood Studios Region:

Teppan Edo (Epcot) vs. Citricos (Grand Floridian)
(In the first round Teppan Edo defeated Sci-Fi Dine Inn Theater 12-9 and Citricos defeated Sanaa Restaurant 10-5).

Mickey's Backyard BBQ (Fort Wilderness) vs. Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club)
(In the first round Mickey's Backyard BBQ defeated Kouzzina by Cat Cora 12-11 and Yachtsman Steakhouse defeated Ragland Road 11-3).

Animal Kingdom Region:

Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge) vs. Yak and Yeti Restaurant (Animal Kingdom)
(In the first round Artist Point defeated 1900 Park Fare 10-6 and Yak and Yeti defeated ESPN Club 12-10).

Les Chefs de France (Epcot) vs. The Garden Grill Restaurant (Epcot)
(In the first round Les Chefs defeated Boatwright's Dining Hall 14-2 and Garden Grill defeated Portobello 12-3).

Have fun and happy voting!

WDW_Emily

Hollywood Studios Region:

Teppan Edo (Epcot)
Mickey's Backyard BBQ (Fort Wilderness)
Animal Kingdom Region:
Yak and Yeti Restaurant (Animal Kingdom)
The Garden Grill Restaurant (Epcot)

Splashman

Original Poster
Whispering Canyon Cafe has defeated Tutto Italia Ristorante 12-4.

Looks like we are getting back on track.

Please keep those votes coming!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yesterday this thread was moved to Survival Games which is a sub forum under Trivia and Games (took me 20 minutes to find it). I do not know who moved it or why it was moved as it was not hurting anyone where it was. A

I moved it because it's a game and is more suited to the game board for those that want to take part. The original board that you posted in is for actual WDW discussion. There is a redirect to your thread in the original board.

Splashman

Original Poster
I moved it because it's a game and is more suited to the game board for those that want to take part. The original board that you posted in is for actual WDW discussion. There is a redirect to your thread in the original board.

This is the twelfth thread in this competition and there have been no problems up to this point. Plus, voters are allowed to add comments with their votes which has led to some discussion in past threads. No one is going to find the thread in Survival games because (with the exception of a very few people) its a competition people come across, not go looking for and with the way its set up (matches and rounds) it will take an eternity to finish (if it finishes at all) if it is not in the General Discussion where people could see it. Moving it to Survival Games will permanently kill the competition. Densewavetiger's attraction competition (which this competition is based off of) was allowed to remain in General Discussion for it's entirety and I do not see why this can't as well.

Also, there is a photography section and poll section under discussion forums for photos, albums, and polls, yet the General Discussion forum is littered with Picture of the Day posts and polls. How are they allowed to remain? It really is not fair that this thread is moved and all the rest get to remain under General Discussion when they have their own designated sections as well.

I am not trying to argue with you. I am just trying to obtain some clarification and fairness because there was a good group of people who were having fun with this competition and I, having worked hard on putting it together, would hate to see it collapse right in the middle of it. I have been watching the threads you have moved and they received about 10 views combined since they were moved and one of them has been there for 48 hours already. While in General Discussion, each thread got on average 250 views and averaged 18-20 votes which was just enough to keep the tournament moving. You can see by moving it to Survival Games we are never going to get enough votes to finish the competition. Again, I am not trying to argue with you, but just asking for some understanding. Once this thread is complete, we only need 5 more threads tops to finish the competition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom