WDW Resort Big Plans & Projects Before the 50th

clemmo

Not to side track this into another MK 50th thread but it seems, at least last time i checked around the TL forum, the consensus is on something replacing SGE and possibly the speedway or using an expansion pad in time for 2021. If this updating and new additions to TL continues something needs to be done about the transition from FL to TL. Right now its basically a tree separating the loud and odor emitting race cars and the tea cups. Imo it's the worst transition between lands in WDW.

Marty Rotondo

Looking at aerials of the Epcot/DHS area, I really feel like that is over developed. Like wow, I never noticed when I was there.
And they want to add more? My stars that's too much in one space.
Down the street from animal kingdom no less.
Joe Rogan once said something to the effect of human development is the cancer of the earth, and I feel that is very much on display here. The emissions from the buses alone, not to mention car traffic.
They're going to have to make a ride about it at Epcot and water it down with a cartoon character in 20 years.

Daveeeeed

I think that's a great thing. The new yeti caught me by surprise when I went to DL in January. I had totally forgotten about it but that entire addition to the ride, from the lift hill to the sounds and the two animatronics really plus the ride drastically. Hopefully, we will see something like this:

Refurb ideas:
-Big Thunder gets new finale.
-Jungle Cruise gets projection mapping like Tokyo!
-Maybe Something to improve Pooh?
-Space Mountain gets complete overhaul?
-CoP gets big updates.
-TTA gets a lot of new interactive technology along the ride?
-Buzz gets Shanghai update or a complete new ride, please!
-Haunted Mansion finds a home for HBG.

New:
-A new attraction/attractions for Tomorrow Land Speedway
-Stitch.
You forgot Peter Pan.

jhendrix

Looking at aerials of the Epcot/DHS area, I really feel like that is over developed. Like wow, I never noticed when I was there.
And they want to add more? My stars that's too much in one space.
Down the street from animal kingdom no less.
Joe Rogan once said something to the effect of human development is the cancer of the earth, and I feel that is very much on display here. The emissions from the buses alone, not to mention car traffic.
They're going to have to make a ride about it at Epcot and water it down with a cartoon character in 20 years.

That's #sprawl at work. Highly inefficient and vastly poor economic way to develop. Bad for transportation, human interaction, pollution, as well as prohibitively expensive to maintain. Ironically, it's the very thing Disney was looking to solve with (the real) EPCOT. Although, to be fair, the environments Disney creates are generally aesthetically pleasing and good for human interaction, but the principal is still there.

I do think Epcot (the park) needs such a ride to replace Universe of Energy. It would be a perfect fit. To demonstrate how Americans currently builds cities and suburbs is a huge drain economically and on our energy. But then show a way to solve that...by showing Disney's original plans for Epcot.

Marty Rotondo

That's #sprawl at work......

For real. I just find it really interesting that the movie they show in The Land pavilion featuring The Lion King characters is quite literally about what they're doing.
Not to mention that horrible incident with the alligator. They slap a castle up and pretend it's not a swamp anymore.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

For real. I just find it really interesting that the movie they show in The Land pavilion featuring The Lion King characters is quite literally about what they're doing.
Not to mention that horrible incident with the alligator. They slap a castle up and pretend it's not a swamp anymore.

Well gators in your moat really do help discourage the barbarians at the gate when they come to plunder your castle...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom