WDW Resort Big Plans & Projects Before the 50th

doctornick

Peter Pan, Philharmagic, Small World, all of Tomorroland, Jungle Cruise need updates, stat. I'm okay with them not adding a new E ticket, if they fix what we've got, honestly. Now that said, a redo of Tomorrowland would likely, potentially, include a new E ticket, would it not?

I'd generally be okay with more "fixing what is there" for MK (though a new attraction or two wouldn't be unappreciated) and focusing more on expansion at the other parks that need the capacity more. There's a lot of stuff at MK that could be plussed/updated.

Princess Leia

Before Disney starts refurbishing big rides like Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, & Space Mountain, they really need to fill the other parks. The best time to do this would probably be in 2019 when Star Wars opens (DHS won't have nearly enough attractions, but it will definitely have the 'new' factor between the TSL and SWE additions). Yes, Pan and Space need to be fixed sooner rather than later, but I'm not sure if Disney would do it before then.

Princess Leia

I'd love to see a newer film in Philharmagic. It's entering the CoP zone IMO.
There's a fine line between nostalgic and old.
Maybe it's how much Kool-Aid you drink that helps the distinction??
I think it's a great attraction, and there is literally no wait to see the film, but it hasn't aged well (darn technology and it's recent advances ;) )

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I hate it when people enable my habit of ridiculing DI$. I'm trying to keep it in check, for the most part, but you did ask...

"50 MAGICAL!!! Golden Cupcakes!"

"50 Years of MAGICAL!!! Merchandise To Buy!"

"50 MAGICAL!!! Upcharge Events"

"$50 For a MAGICAL!!! Quick Service Meal!"

"Here's to 50 More Years of Cost Containment"

"50 Years of Monorail Expansion Rumors!"

"50 Years, 50 Resorts!"

"Isn't Star Wars Land MAGICAL!!!?" aka. "Go See Star Wars Land Today. PLEASE!!!" (This could just be Iger's approach to the 50th)

"$50 Parking Fee"

But, in all seriousness, I think the days of fun, original celebrations and celebration names are long gone. "WDW's 50th Anniversary" is probably about as good as it will get, sadly.
There will be commemorative pins, coins, refillable mugs, Mickey ears, T-shirts and shot glasses.

brb1006

I'd add:
-refurbishing/updating Space Mountain with onboard audio, glowing paint and projections
-updating the spiel on TTA and do something about the dark stretch in Space (see previous suggestion)
-updating Peter Pan's Flight so the ride matches the queue; preferably with larger/higher capacity vehicles.
-new finale for CoP (I'd actually be fine with bringing back the original Walt Disney era ending and just updating the tech over time)
-aren't there elements missing from the Tiki room pre-show and show? perhaps add them back or update with new effects
And give Hook a new voice for Peter Pan's Flight. Seriously how long had Hook been kept with that old voice?

brb1006

I hate it when people enable my habit of ridiculing DI$. I'm trying to keep it in check, for the most part, but you did ask...

"50 MAGICAL!!! Golden Cupcakes!"

"50 Years of MAGICAL!!! Merchandise To Buy!"

"50 MAGICAL!!! Upcharge Events"

"$50 For a MAGICAL!!! Quick Service Meal!"

"Here's to 50 More Years of Cost Containment"

"50 Years of Monorail Expansion Rumors!"

"50 Years, 50 Resorts!"

"Isn't Star Wars Land MAGICAL!!!?" aka. "Go See Star Wars Land Today. PLEASE!!!" (This could just be Iger's approach to the 50th)

"$50 Parking Fee"

But, in all seriousness, I think the days of fun, original celebrations and celebration names are long gone. "WDW's 50th Anniversary" is probably about as good as it will get, sadly.
I hope they can come up with a good song that can top Remember The Magic the anthem for the 25th Anniversary back in 1996-1998.

brb1006

Everything? Probably not, but enough to make some vacationers unhappy with closures over the period. That is why having the additions to the other parks done by 2019 is pretty important. Oh and I do expect 1 E for the 50th and maybe a C/D as well.
The rumored LPS Mickey ride could be the 1 new E ride.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
There will be commemorative pins, coins, refillable mugs, Mickey ears, T-shirts and shot glasses.

Oh, I'm counting on there being a couple of items worthy of buying. I think I still have a t-shirt from the 10th Anniversary around here somewhere, actually, so getting some anniversary merchandise is usually a guarantee for me. But it's not like what they used to do...

WDW_15th_PrizeTickets_B.jpg

brb1006

I'd love to see a newer film in Philharmagic. It's entering the CoP zone IMO.
There's a fine line between nostalgic and old.
Maybe it's how much Kool-Aid you drink that helps the distinction??
And the 3D effects don't pop out or was amazing as it did back when the attraction was new during it's first few years. I remember The Lion King and Little Mermaid parts being the most notable of the 3D actually being impressive at the time.

brb1006

I'd love refurbs and plussing as opposed to huge expansion. Ideas I'd love to see implemented would be:

• Return of the Pirate bird outside of POC
  • Return of the long lost huge frogs in the Jungle Cruise
  • Hatbox Ghost
  • DL 60th style refurbs
And the talking skull

brb1006

Oh, I'm counting on there being a couple of items worthy of buying. I think I still have a t-shirt from the 10th Anniversary around here somewhere, actually, so getting some anniversary merchandise is usually a guarantee for me. But it's not like what they used to do...

View attachment 191187
I heard guests were able to win a prize by getting a new car during this celebration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom