WDW Permits Part 5

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks like "Big Spirited Change" ™ might be coming to DHS, or just a lot of Next-Gen stuff. ;) Bunch of Buena Vista Construction permits today for Star Tours, Great Movie Ride, American Idol, BatB, Disney Jr, Indy, Little Mermaid, Lights Motors Action, Muppets and Rock N Roller Coaster.

Also a bunch of permits today for Food & Wine setup.

dreamscometrue

Looks like "Big Spirited Change" ™ might be coming to DHS, or just a lot of Next-Gen stuff. ;) Bunch of Buena Vista Construction permits today for Star Tours, Great Movie Ride, American Idol, BatB, Disney Jr, Indy, Little Mermaid, Lights Motors Action, Muppets and Rock N Roller Coaster.

Thanks for posting. Sounds just like lots of next gen stuff to me though.

jt04

Bunch of Buena Vista Construction permits today for Star Tours, Great Movie Ride, American Idol, BatB, Disney Jr, Indy, Little Mermaid, Lights Motors Action, Muppets and Rock N Roller Coaster.

The Pendulum arrives right on time. Was always in the pipeline after DCA 2.0 was largely completed. But everyone has known this for years.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Pendulum arrives right on time. Was always in the pipeline after DCA 2.0 was largely completed. But everyone has known this for years.

You do know I was joking about the "Big Spirited Change" part. It's very unlikely this is anything major. They aren't going to start something major on that many attractions at one time. Most likely it's more prep work for xPass.

jt04

You do know I was joking about the "Big Spirited Change" part. It's very unlikely this is anything major. They aren't going to start something major on that many attractions at one time. Most likely it's more prep work for xPass.

Yeah I got that :)

Anyway, I enjoy reminding everyone to stay optimistic as I have been for years. The future is bright at WDW.

Tom

Beta Return

You mean to say they're not starting major overhauls to Star Tours, Great Movie Ride, American Idol, BatB, Disney Jr, Indy, Little Mermaid, Lights Motors Action, Muppets and Rock N Roller Coaster? :confused:

Tom

Beta Return
They aren't messing round, are they?

But, does muppets get queues long enough that it makes sense to add the nextgen stuff????

Not in all the times we've visited in recent years. January, February, March, May, August and October are all months we've visited WDW in the last 3 years, and I don't think we've ever waited beyond the pre-show room.

Tom

Beta Return
Keep in mind that they may not be installing Fastpass at all of these attractions. They could simply be installing "tracking portals" - the sensors that count/note when you're passing through a given area (i.e. into or out of a ride).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Keep in mind that they may not be installing Fastpass at all of these attractions. They could simply be installing "tracking portals" - the sensors that count/note when you're passing through a given area (i.e. into or out of a ride).
This. One of the biggest underlying benefits for Disney with nextgen is data....loads of it. They will need these sensors everywhere in the parks from the attractions to the restrooms.

Tom

Beta Return
This. One of the biggest underlying benefits for Disney with nextgen is data....loads of it. They will need these sensors everywhere in the parks from the attractions to the restrooms.

Exactly. I'm glad you said restrooms too....because I firmly believe they'll be counting people using the potty. Not for creepy reasons, but so that they can manage custodial staff and restroom supplies more precisely. If nobody potties between 10-11am, they can stop cycling custodians through during that time. But if 11a - 2p is heavy, they know to stock extra TP and send someone through every 30 minutes or so.

Sorry for the tangent. I just had to jump on the restroom thing. There are plenty of threads to discuss this in (and I have, many times) but it'll be interesting to see if they file BVCC permits for other odd locations, like restrooms.

GrumpyFan

I see several references to a "S.A.M.S. PROJECT" at multiple locations across property. Any idea what this is and what the acronym means?
I'm guessing Nextgen network upgrades?

Tom

Beta Return
I see several references to a "S.A.M.S. PROJECT" at multiple locations across property. Any idea what this is and what the acronym means?
I'm guessing Nextgen network upgrades?

Google returned nothing. No idea what SAMS could be. Is BVCC filing those permits?

Tom

Beta Return
No, its RCES, Reedy Creek Energy Services. They're all for Electrical work.

If Reedy Creek is doing it, that's utility type work. Electrical distribution, substations, power lines, etc. Could also be more park-wide wifi stuff, but I don't think RCES filed those the first time. These are likely just work on their power grid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom