WDW Permits 2014

jt04

Permit from today, looks like the Fairies are moving to Town Hall...

MK Town Square Expo Hall Fairies M&G - BVCC

Awesome tidbit. Remember those little toys where you moved the numbers around to get them in order pre rubiks cube? They continue to do this with the m&g's as they find permanent homes for the most popular characters. So my guess is this is temporary until a permanent home, um I mean hollow, can be imagineered.

Lee must be ecstatic.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Some interesting permits today. These four Buena Vista Cosntruction permits all say "Investigate Location of Holiday Arch". I wonder if this is going to be something to replace the garlands over Main Street which they won't be able to use due to the height of the FOF floats.

Investigate Location Of Holiday Arch, 1365 Monorail Way (MO7 - MK Admin) - BVCC
Investigate Location Of Holiday Arch, 1375 Monorail Way (Emporium) - BVCC
Investigate Location Of Holiday Arch, 4710 Caribbean Way (Casery's Corner) - BVCC
Investigate Locaiton of Holiday Arch, 4720 Caribbean Way (Emporium) - BVCC

This is another permit for the new trailers near AK. I am thinking these are for the Avatar project.

3400 Osceola Parkway - Installation of sanitary, water, and fire system in new trailers

Tom

Beta Return
Some interesting permits today. These four Buena Vista Cosntruction permits all say "Investigate Location of Holiday Arch". I wonder if this is going to be something to replace the garlands over Main Street which they won't be able to use due to the height of the FOF floats.

Investigate Location Of Holiday Arch, 4710 Caribbean Way (Casery's Corner) - BVCC

This is another permit for the new trailers near AK. I am thinking these are for the Avatar project.

3400 Osceola Parkway - Installation of sanitary, water, and fire system in new trailers

LOL....weirdest descriptions ever.

Tom

Beta Return
That was my reaction also. Make me wonder what they are actually doing the will require a permit.

It must require taking part of the buildings apart to find old anchoring points, or make new ones. Otherwise, you don't hire a contractor to investigate things....you do it yourself.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
There was a permit filed with the South Florida Water Management District to add some more cast parking behind Fantasyland where the utilidor tunnel entrance. They will be re-configuring various things in that area and will be adding parking between the two retention ponds and behind Small World.

CastParking.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
There was a permit filed with the South Florida Water Management District to add some more cast parking behind Fantasyland where the utilidor tunnel entrance. They will be re-configuring various things in that area and will be adding parking between the two retention ponds and behind Small World.

View attachment 49484

Perhaps because they'll be losing spaces behind MSUSA East to make way for the egress path?

RSoxNo1

View attachment 49484
This is the parking lot for Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. There will be 25 different rooms and 25 different Rapunzels and Flynn Riders. It's all about capacity.

Mike730

View attachment 49484
Looks like the land to the east of the new pond is already informally used for parking, but the new lot planned for south of the pond is currently trees.
http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=28.421804&lon=-81.581860&z=19&m=b
I wouldn't complain if they beefed up the shrubs and trees near the train tracks either. Backstage isn't too out of view anymore and will certainly be pretty visible after they clear more trees.

jt04

jt04

Looks like the land to the east of the new pond is already informally used for parking, but the new lot planned for south of the pond is currently trees.
I wouldn't complain if they beefed up the shrubs and trees near the train tracks either. Backstage isn't too out of view anymore and will certainly be pretty visible after they clear more trees.

Wait! They could put a replica of the DL Matterhorn. Fits the train station theme and creates all sorts of "time travel-ish" weirdness. :confused:

A tribute to Walt and DL at the MK. Yeah! :cat:

Tom

Beta Return

I noticed that too when we were there recently. In the middle of the day, we could see the entire north utilidor entrance and parking area from the train. It's worse than ever.

mm121

Perhaps because they'll be losing spaces behind MSUSA East to make way for the egress path?
i doubt the two are related.

looks like there just kinda cleaning the area up as right now on google there already informally using the area by the retention pond for parking, and looks like theres some trailers or some kind of cheap building on the part to the west.

it does seem silly they are building that retention pond where they are, vs buiding it to the east of that road by the existing retention pond, as the area east is in the fireworks zone and thus not really usable for any other purpose

or even better, build it NORTH of the railroad tracks build a lake around the fireworks launch area, would be a better use of land and as a bonus less risk of a brush fire.
This is the parking lot for Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. There will be 25 different rooms and 25 different Rapunzels and Flynn Riders. It's all about capacity.
these spaces are primarily for maintenance/ behind the scenes workers vs dressed cast members that park further north by costuming.

so repunzel and flynn wont be parking here..

not sure what you mean by 25 of them? for a meet & greet? that sounds like an outragous number.. if they had 25 of the frozen girls the line surely wouldn't be 3/4 HOURS long
more screening would be a good thing
I noticed that too when we were there recently. In the middle of the day, we could see the entire north utilidor entrance and parking area from the train. It's worse than ever.

that sounds bad, as the train is "on stage" you definitely shouldn't be able to see "off stage" while riding it

Last edited:

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973

Do you suppose these "Holiday Arches" are similar to what DLP had over their Main St (pretty much Epcots Lights of Winter-mounted over the streets)? Personally don't love them, but obviously a solution for an otherwise garland-less Main St,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom