WDW Permits 2014

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
DSC08278.jpg

A bit hideous by day.... courtesy of Photos Magiques

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Wait! They could put a replica of the DL Matterhorn. Fits the train station theme and creates all sorts of "time travel-ish" weirdness. :confused:

A tribute to Walt and DL at the MK. Yeah! :cat:

Nooooooo!!!!! I like that DL has something WDW doesn't and is instantly recognizable. Every time I see the Matterhorn at the end of Soarin', I get homesick.

jt04

Nooooooo!!!!! I like that DL has something WDW doesn't and is instantly recognizable. Every time I see the Matterhorn at the end of Soarin', I get homesick.

Wouldn't it be ironic if they gave the DL version a Frozen theme and the MK a classic version of the Matterhorn in tribute to WD and DL. THAT would be amazing in my book. :bookworm:

Jump on the train from MSUSA and do a little time travel.

Yes, I am donating this idea to TWDC.

Uni is already using my other train idea. So, why not? ;)

RSoxNo1

these spaces are primarily for maintenance/ behind the scenes workers vs dressed cast members that park further north by costuming.

so repunzel and flynn wont be parking here..

not sure what you mean by 25 of them? for a meet & greet? that sounds like an outragous number.. if they had 25 of the frozen girls the line surely wouldn't be 3/4 HOURS long
Dear internets... learn sarcasm.

Love,
Tim

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Two permits today for Disney Springs, one for the parking garage and the other for the trailer compound both of which are already under construction. These permits are interesting because they also contain the legal documents for a $55 million performance bond for the project, although it's not clear exactly what this number covers.

Parking Garage - Overall site improvements and construction for project known as BCD Corridor Parking Garage A1
Trailer Compound - Site improvements and construction of a trailer compound, 1199 E Buena Vista Dr

psherman42

Are those arches the same ones that used to be at Epcot during the holidays? I don't see those being what's happening at MK though. The reason they can't use the wreaths/garland across Main Street is because the FOF floats can't fit under them. I don't see them fitting under those arches either..
And while I agree that the Osborne lights aren't nice to look at during the day, it works because it's not a highly photographed area like Main Street. I'd actually hate those arches ruining Main Street during the day tbh.

Tom

Beta Return
Are those arches the same ones that used to be at Epcot during the holidays? I don't see those being what's happening at MK though. The reason they can't use the wreaths/garland across Main Street is because the FOF floats can't fit under them. I don't see them fitting under those arches either..
And while I agree that the Osborne lights aren't nice to look at during the day, it works because it's not a highly photographed area like Main Street. I'd actually hate those arches ruining Main Street during the day tbh.

No worries....those are merely photoshopped images. They won't be installing anything like that on MSUSA. If they do anything, it will be something that attaches to the tops of the buildings and arches over the street, well above the tops of the buildings and floats.

roj2323

No worries....those are merely photoshopped images. They won't be installing anything like that on MSUSA. If they do anything, it will be something that attaches to the tops of the buildings and arches over the street, well above the tops of the buildings and floats.

I wouldn't be opposed to them just installing a roof over the entirety of main street due to the sun and the rain florida gets but I know that's probably not a popular idea.

psherman42

I wouldn't be opposed to them just installing a roof over the entirety of main street due to the sun and the rain florida gets but I know that's probably not a popular idea.
No lie, I once had a dream that they did that. And carpeted the street. I was very upset that they ruined Main Street.

dstrawn9889

now enclosing the street in a 'glass roof' wouldn't be so bad....as long as it overarches the buildings and does not throw support columns in all over the place

MOXOMUMD

now enclosing the street in a 'glass roof' wouldn't be so bad....as long as it overarches the buildings and does not throw support columns in all over the place
Now we know how they like to keep everything absolutely clean and precise, can you just see that glass roof having a perfectly clear view everyday? ...................Yeah, me neither.

PeterAlt

Holy snitzel!

I have a new toy!!!!!!

http://maps.ocpafl.org/m/home/map

You can zoom in to any property to get property records and ownership information!

Zoom into WDW and start disassembling all the pieces!

This should keep me busy for the next few days! Hehe

I don't know yet if Ocecola and Lake counties have something similar, but I'll find out after I'm finished exploring this one!

It will be useful too to monitor activity on I-drive and what Uni could be up to...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Holy snitzel!

I have a new toy!!!!!!

http://maps.ocpafl.org/m/home/map

You can zoom in to any property to get property records and ownership information!

Zoom into WDW and start disassembling all the pieces!

This should keep me busy for the next few days! Hehe

I don't know yet if Ocecola and Lake counties have something similar, but I'll find out after I'm finished exploring this one!

It will be useful too to monitor activity on I-drive and what Uni could be up to...

Yeah, that is a cool tool. I use it occasionally when I have a problem figuring out exactly where a permit is.

PeterAlt

Yeah, that is a cool tool. I use it occasionally when I have a problem figuring out exactly where a permit is.
After snooping around (yes - I spent hours on that site - I really have no life - lol), I found there are lots of properties out west that are owned by Disney subsidiaries. Some are obviously Disney, others are more cryptic. It seems that they have been quietly buying land to the west and sitting on it, while selling off small parcels to the south, east, and north to "square off" their property.

The western land grabs may mean nothing, but it is an indication that if WDW grows, there is now plenty of land for westerly growth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom