WDW Nightmares

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I don't know if I'd call it a nightmare, but I've had the anxiety dream where I'm visiting the parks in my underwear (once while riding a horse in the parade).

I guess the sad part is that nobody else notices/cares.

FettFan

Same with me. I have an understanding that it is supposedly Disney World where I am, but it looks NOTHING like it. It looks like a local amusement park, the paths are all wrong, the rides are all wrong, the queues are all wrong. It's horrible.

I've had something similar....only with false memories of Disneyland. I distinctly remember being in the line for "Adventures Through Inner Space", with the giant microscope and miniaturized omnimovers and the "ride on a snowflake" scene.
Two things though: a. I've never even been to Disneyland, and b. "Adventures Thru Inner Space" closed in September 1985....and I was born in March 1984.

EmFromPlanetEarth

One time I had a nightmare I went to Magic kingdom and space mountain, my favorite ride was not there, and it was replace by Splash pads and a tree, nothing major, and what else, big thunder Mountain was removed, and tower of terror and rnrc were demolished. I was so mad because those were my favorite rides! Thank Goodness It was just a dream.

KraftServices

I have a lot of dreams where it's Disney World in name only - basically literally nothing is like it is in real life. Most of these dreams are just puzzling, but a few have been spooky.

I go to the Haunted Mansion, and it's also in name only. The exterior is completely different, and it's always just been refurbished in every dream. One of the dream HMs had a really long area of just dolls. Like real dolls, creepy old ones, like where one eye no longer opens, ratty dresses. Really freaked me out. That version of thof HM was also an inside boat ride, for some reason.

Another HM dream, I had to sit next to a stranger, and that was freaky, and then he disappeared partway through the ride.

Yet another HM dream, instead of normal ride vehicles, we rode on inner tubes like it was a lazy river, but it was all inside. A big part of the ride had this huge video screen that was playing propaganda for something (the dream didn't elaborate, I just got a "this is propaganda" flag from it).

Also weirdly I've had more than one Disney dream where a dinosaur was on the loose and killing people. In one case it happened in a fictional resort hotel which was more like a Caribbean beach resort than a Disney hotel.

danyoung56

I've had something similar....only with false memories of Disneyland.

I work with a guy who has been to DL many times, NEVER been to WDW, and swears that there's a show on DL's Main Street that features all of the presidents. When I (gently) corrected him, telling him that that show is in WDW but has never been in DL, and perhaps he's thinking of Lincoln, he got almost angry about seeing that show on DL's Main Street. The human memory is funny . . .

KBLovedDisney

I had another Disney nightmare where the entire theme park was in a museum relic-like state. No rides, just models of what used to be with a description on a plaque describing what each one was. And they had a movie theater of the history of Disney World with the Bear Band from the Country Bear Jamboree playing on the sides. The monorail was also miniaturized to a kids ride, like the trains at zoos/malls (Think I might have woke up crying from this one...)

Jedi Stitch

I once had a vivid nightmare of a road trip to Disneyland gone wrong. In the dream, I had planned the perfect family vacation. We would leave Chicago, and drive across the country to Anaheim and spend several days at the Happiest Place on Earth. Well, in my dream, things didn't turn out so happy.
The first part of our road trip was fine, but things began to turn sour when we got lost in a bad neighborhood in St. Louis. Then later I fall asleep WHILE DRIVING :eek: as my wife & kids are also asleep in the car. We miraculously arrive at our first motel of the trip...which ends up being a dump.
The next day we go to some old western-themed tourist town where some bartender fires a rifle just inches from my head. Then my wife insists we go see her cousin, and stay one night out at their place. This really puts our schedule off track, and makes it seem like we will never get to Disneyland on time.
So anyhow, we stay the night at my wife's cousin's house, and end up having to take her aging aunt along with us to drop her off somewhere in Phoenix. :confused: To make matters worse, my wife's aunt HATES my guts, so you can guess how much fun it was having to haul her for days in our car. :banghead: Oh, and her vicious, unkempt dog has to come along with us for the ride. Not sure why I couldn't just say "No" to all this.
We stayed at a campground for one night, which also ended up being a complete dump. (Geese were swimming in the dirty swimming pool!!)
The tents smelled awful, my wife & kids were unhappy, and my wife's aunt was as nagging as ever.
The next morning when departing from the run-down campground, I end up forgetting to unleash the dog from our back car bumper, which results in (thankfully) it's sudden demise. I told the police officer who pulled us over that I was remorseful about the dog, but deep down on the inside I was rejoicing.
After running the car off the side of the road, getting lost in the desert for awhile, and having to shell out most of our finances on car repairs / damages...we make it to the Grand Canyon, only to find out my wife's aunt has died in the backseat all during this time. We tie the aunt's body to the top of our car, drive to Phoenix, and leave her at her son's house.
After a few more mishaps & shenanigans along the way, we FINALLY make it to Anaheim California, and to the Disneyland Resort!!
Things are good now, yes? Wrong! We arrive to the front gates of Disneyland park only to discover the park is closed for 2-weeks due to refurbishment! :mad::mad::mad:
By this point I had lost my mind. Enough was enough! We were going to have a fun family trip to Disney no matter what it took. So I took a security guard hostage, forced him at gunpoint to allow my family & I to ride some of the park's more popular attractions.
Just as we were all getting off Space Mountain, we were suddenly surrounded by the FBI, who had heard about us breaking into the closed park. It looked like I was going away to prison for a long, long time. But suddenly Walt Disney himself shows up. After a heartfelt explanation & apology from me, Walt decides not to press any charges, and we all went on our way happily.

That was the strangest dream I ever had...until I had another one sorta similar that involved traveling to Europe. But that's a long story in itself.
Holiday Road, holiday road... lada dala da.

Jedi Stitch

I had bad dream just before my dad passed away. We had gone to DLR about 3 years before his passing. We had gotten him set up with a wheel chair and the disabled pass. I dreamed that we kept running into the same CM at every ride who wouldn't let him ride. We then went to Knott's Berryfarm and they wouldn't let him ride the ride either, and the same CM was there too.

twilight mitsuk

IASW twins.jpg

line jumper.jpg

this

Last edited:

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Had a dream I was on EE and the Yeti reached down and grabbed me. Thank goodness today he just stood there...motionless...C mode.

KBLovedDisney

I had a WDW nightmare last night. I dreamed that TDC destroyed PotC. After they replaced the current auction scene, they went through the entire ride and removed the AAs, replaced everything with screens, made the drop a lot smaller...it was bad and very desolate looking.

KCheatle

While I call them nightmares, I'm sure they're probably more along the lines of stress dreams;) Like others, I usually get them closer to a trip. I either have dreams where something is forgotten: Forgot to show up for the flight, forgot to pack something, forgotten to go to the parks and now it's time to check out. Or, it's like everything is distorted. My family and I will be at MK, and things just won't be right; things are out of place or just not like they are supposed to be. And it's just a dream of frustration after frustration.

Ironically, when my family and I went to Disneyland a few years ago it totally felt like I was living one of my distorted dreams! Everything was so close to MK, but just not where my brain thought it was supposed to be.:cautious:;)

ChristyKay

Not really a park nightmare, but when I was younger I used to have the exact same nightmare every once in a while of all the Toy Story toys coming to strangle me. Still haven't seen Toy Story 3.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom