WDW Imagineering Project: Disney's Animal Kingdom

goofy donald

Original Poster
Also I would hardly call, Tough to be a Bug a "Successful Attraction" They are constantly battling with it's lack of Re-Ridability.

You may have an issue with its re-ride ability but i don't think its a fair thing to make a blanket statement like that for the attraction as a whole. It will be like any other attraction at the park, some people want to re ride it others don't. As a whole the attraction does not struggle, it is a people pleaser and one of the best 3-D shows WDW has to offer.

mharrington

next up Rafiki's Planet Watch and the Wilderness Railroad!!

At Rafiki's Planet Watch, this will be home of this park's One Man's Dream exhibit, called "Animals and Nature". It's about Walt's fascination with animals and nature, in such things as his youth in Marceline, with "Bambi" and especially in the True-Life Adventures series.

goofy donald

Original Poster
At Rafiki's Planet Watch, this will be home of this park's One Man's Dream exhibit, called "Animals and Nature". It's about Walt's fascination with animals and nature, in such things as his youth in Marceline, with "Bambi" and especially in the True-Life Adventures series.

Thanks for the concept I will do my best to find a place for it. I already have quite a few things drawn up so it may only be a small area but I think it deserves a small place in the park, however I am keeping the original one mans dream exhibit in the studios so I wont make it to big.

mharrington

Thanks for the concept I will do my best to find a place for it. I already have quite a few things drawn up so it may only be a small area but I think it deserves a small place in the park, however I am keeping the original one mans dream exhibit in the studios so I wont make it to big.

Actually, I'm thinking we should break up the whole exhibit into different individual pieces and scattering them to the various parks. Depending on the park in question, the OMD exhibits will be focus on that park. For example, the Magic Kingdom will have an exhibit about Disneyland. None of the exhibits will be too big.

goofy donald

Original Poster
Actually, I'm thinking we should break up the whole exhibit into different individual pieces and scattering them to the various parks. Depending on the park in question, the OMD exhibits will be focus on that park. For example, the Magic Kingdom will have an exhibit about Disneyland. None of the exhibits will be too big.

That's a nice idea and I think we discussed this earlier, however I have a concept I think will really work well if we keep it intact back at DHS. Have some faith, it will work out well :animwink:

However lets stay focused on Animal Kingdom, only three more lands left 1 you know about but the other 2 are new designs. So why not have a little competition! first person to answer what 2 lands are to come after Planet watch will receive exclusive access to upcoming designs throughout the next round. happy guessing friends and good luck :D

GatorGuy

The best solution for a night time show here at AK would be an adaptation of WoC. However this version can be specific to films related to animals and the wilderness such as The Lion King, The Jungle Book, DINOSAUR, Tarzan, Finding Nemo, Brother Bear, Lady and the Tramp, A Bug's Life, Pocahontas, Fox and the Hound and even some Disney Nature Films.

This show can be located in the lake infront of EE. A viewing area similar to the one located in Paradise Pier DCA, but with Asian influences, may be constructed. During the day, it could help ease out the and flow of guests through that area.

A little diagram... (Not Allowed to Attach images by Thread Creator :brick:)
Untitled-1.png

The light blue areas represent the viewing areas
Purple areas are the platforms with the screens and fountains
Orange areas are the projectors which will be hidden in little shrine buildings like the one furthest right.

goofy donald

Original Poster
The best solution for a night time show here at AK would be an adaptation of WoC. However this version can be specific to films related to animals and the wilderness such as The Lion King, The Jungle Book, DINOSAUR, Tarzan, Finding Nemo, Brother Bear, Lady and the Tramp, A Bug's Life, Pocahontas, Fox and the Hound and even some Disney Nature Films.

This show can be located in the lake infront of EE. A viewing area similar to the one located in Paradise Pier DCA, but with Asian influences, may be constructed. During the day, it could help ease out the and flow of guests through that area.

A little diagram... (Not Allowed to Attach images by Thread Creater :brick:)
Untitled-1.png

The light blue areas represent the viewing areas
Purple areas are the platforms with the screens and fountains
Orange areas are the projectors which will be hidden in little shrine buildings like the one furthest right.

Thanks but we actually have a concept very similar to that already in the project. You can look it up under the discovery island thread. Thanks for your in put though! all is appreciated. but BTW im the thread creator haha might want to read into the project a bit before posting :p

GatorGuy

Thanks but we actually have a concept very similar to that already in the project. You can look it up under the discovery island thread. Thanks for your in put though! all is appreciated. but BTW im the thread creator haha might want to read into the project a bit before posting :p

I read it, just that fireworks are a big no no at AK. Also your show appears to be heavily based on The Circle of Life, I was thinking something more original, with an original soundtrack, something never before heard.

Also the location I stated would be more convienient as it is not as near the exit of the park and wont be as much as a mess with the flow of guests after the show.. and If you have been to AK anytime of the year you may know the area right infront of AK is horrible with the flow of guests, so this would really help.

Your idea calls for a new bridge and speakers around Discovery Island which can disturb the animals at the Oasis, in my plan, no need to construct a new draw bridge or disturb the animals.
No closure of EE needed for this location, imagine the view of the show going up and down EE.

A lot of your ideas aren't so good, like relocating ITTBAB, it's perfect where currently located and makes no sense in you pictured CMM.

goofy donald

Original Poster
I read it, just that fireworks are a big no no at AK. Also your show appears to be heavily based on The Circle of Life, I was thinking something more original, with an original soundtrack, something never before heard.

Also the location I stated would be more convienient as it is not as near the exit of the park and wont be as much as a mess with the flow of guests after the show.. and If you have been to AK anytime of the year you may know the area right infront of AK is horrible with the flow of guests, so this would really help.

Your idea calls for a new bridge and speakers around Discovery Island which can disturb the animals at the Oasis, in my plan, no need to construct a new draw bridge or disturb the animals.
No closure of EE needed for this location, imagine the view of the show going up and down EE.

A lot of your ideas aren't so good, like relocating ITTBAB, it's perfect where currently located and makes no sense in you pictured CMM.

Umm well thank you for saying my ideas are bad.....if you want your thoughts included in someone elses design, why would you say everything else they have made sucks? :lookaroun

First off if you read any comments after or even the actual description correctly you would see that there are no fireworks in the show at all. Also I used the Circle of Life because it is one of the most inspirational, and arguably one of the best and most recognized Disney songs ever. There will be other original music involved as well but Circle of Life will be important, I don't see why that's a problem. Yes I've been to AK many times and the show couldn't even be viewed from the Oasis, as I said it would be viewed from discovery island and dino land USA that's 2 different viewing areas which would spread out people as opposed to your idea which would have everyone in one spot. Also since everyone would leave shortly after the show ends anyways why would it matter if their in Asia? they all still have to leave. That's like saying we should move wishes viewing behind the new beast's castle because main street gets way too crowded during the show.

The new bridge would be needed no matter what to bring the floats in with the show equipment, nothing would fit under the current bridge. And also if you read the concept with any detail you would have also seen the animals on discovery island would already have been brought in prior to the show starting therefore they cant be disturbed.

Fact of the matter is if you want to come on and give some constructive comments to help improve one of my concepts or bring in one of your own then I would love nothing more and would be very happy to work with your ideas. If however you come on here like you did I wont be very receptive. I do this for fun in my spare time but I work really hard to put out some good ideas that I hope people like. Nobody is going to love everything I make but I have a pretty high view rate and were only 3 weeks in (minus my 10 day break) so I guess a bunch of people out there do. I also think I'm pretty fair and have collaborated with 3 different posters so far in the project on tweaking ideas and adding their own things. So with all do respect I will have to decline your offer. I would love to see you follow WDWIP in the future but if you choose to post again could you please be a little more respectful, that would be appreciated.

Everybody else out there, if you havent heard :animwink:, a challenge has been posted on the beginning thread. See if you can be the one to figure it out and win the prize!!

GatorGuy

Sincere Apologies goofy donald, they were not my intentions to come off in such a manner, I never said any of your ideas "sucked".
I do believe all ideas and opinions, negative or positive, alike should be welcome to this forum.

Facing reality, most of these ideas will never see a light of day, and it's a shame because any new attractions, interactions and shows would be welcome not only to AK (which happens to be my favorite park, against criticism of AK being a "half-day park" or "not having much to do") but to any other of the WDW theme parks. If TDO were to invest in AK, I believe, they would work around what they have already rather than replacing or demolishing, it's more convenient, both construction and money wise.

goofy donald

Original Poster
Sincere Apologies goofy donald, they were not my intentions to come off in such a manner, I never said any of your ideas "sucked".
I do believe all ideas and opinions, negative or positive, alike should be welcome to this forum.

Facing reality, most of these ideas will never see a light of day, and it's a shame because any new attractions, interactions and shows would be welcome not only to AK (which happens to be my favorite park, against criticism of AK being a "half-day park" or "not having much to do") but to any other of the WDW theme parks. If TDO were to invest in AK, I believe, they would work around what they have already rather than replacing or demolishing, it's more convenient, both construction and money wise.

Thank you for the apology, it is appreciated. I try to make this the most realistic project possible but obviously no one can predict the future. This is a project about what Disney has the ability to do and should do for the parks not what they will do because if we did that project it would be pretty boring lol. There has only been one case where there was a possible demolition, the theater in the wild which would only be taken out as a last resort.

GatorGuy

These are some ideas I previously posted on another thread..... Sorry if there are some repetitions from what you have already posted.

Animal Kingdom

Camp Minnie Mickey- Over at Camp Minnie Mickey I can see a replica of Grizzly River Runs from DCA but instead of it being a River Rapid, it can be a log flume ride and have animatronics from Brother Bear.
- I think The Festival of the Lion King makes no sense thematically where it currently is, so it can be moved over to Africa and in its place can have a show themed to Pocohantas.
- It would be great to have Mickey's and Minnie's cabins where kids can walk through their campsite and meet Mickey and his pals.

Australia
-The addition of this land would be amazing, somewhere behind EE and The Theatre in the Wild.
-This land will feature giant aquariums around the Theatre in the Wild, which will be renamed to The Reef Theatre.
-Also there could be some sort of new ride that takes you Down Under into the Outback, this ride can use the Robot Arm ride system like that used at WWHP. This would allow to simulate the bouncing of a Kangaroo.
-Then ofcourse some animal exhibits with Koalas, Kangaroos, etc..

Dinoland U.S.A.
-I would add a Research/ Discovery center where guests can interact with animatronics of Dinosaurs and learn about them, after all Animal Kingdom is meant to be an educational park.
-For the Dino Institute, I was thinking various rooms "enclosures" each with different environments and AA's which guests can interact with, the main exhibit being the Iguanadon you have brought with you.
Add some games like the ones at Spaceship Earth Project Tomorrow but themed around archeology and Dinosaurs.
A theatre in which guests can experience the Asteroid Collision Theory, A 360 4-D show, hosted by Bill Nye the Science Guy.
When I think about the interior of the building I picture it as using the same concept as the Solomon R. Guggenheim museum in NY.

Now this would be my FAVORITE Addition.

A Lion King Land
- New Location of an updated The Festival of The Lion King.
- A Lion King Dark Ride, something that AK doesn't have and would be a great addition.
- Elephant Graveyard Escape! http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/i...flash/cmu.html
-The Lion King Land, or Pride Lands, would be a great addition to the park, including the Africa section but this would withdraw from the reality of the Harambe Village, it can be adjacent to it.

Tip Top Club

You may have an issue with its re-ride ability but i don't think its a fair thing to make a blanket statement like that for the attraction as a whole. It will be like any other attraction at the park, some people want to re ride it others don't. As a whole the attraction does not struggle, it is a people pleaser and one of the best 3-D shows WDW has to offer.

Oh my, you've really learned nothing from this thread have you.

For about the 411th time, I'm attempting to help you.

I do not make "Blankent Statements" such as that one without knowing what I am talking about and clearly in this particular case, you don't.

YES, Disney is CONSTANTLY battling the fact that they placed an attraction with MASSIVE re-rideability concerns inside their central Icon. OF COURSE Some people want to re-ride it and others don't, I didn't say everyone comes out hating their lives and wanting to sue Disney, I said it had CONCERNS, because IT IS A FACT that it does.

As you said, SOME PEOPLE come off of the attraction with a sense of hilarity, whistling the admittedly wonderfully catchy tune of the theme song (I know that I end up singing "WE'RE POLLINATORS!" Whenever I see the show).

HOWEVER, a great number of people do not. Not only is the show very very frightening for a myriad of reasons, but, in my opinion it's problem boils down to one major factor. You are basically paying to get attacked. You are hit by simulated shells of nuts blown up by a Spider, sprayed by simulated acid, forced to endure the smell of the stink bug, before being dropped down on by Black Widow Spiders, STUNG BY HORNETS, and frightened by MAGGOTS exiting the theatre prior to you.

There's simply no other way to slice this.

NO ONE in this thread is trying to insult you, or cut down your ideas, if that were the case, we wouldn't be posting, and honestly I think that this show would probably work better in Camp Minnie-Mickey then on Discovery Island (Though not by much).

Ultimately, as I have already stated time and again, this is your park, you are welcome to do whatever you like, but I have attempted to give you reasonable, realistic feedback time and again, and have been the one to be shot down and insulted.

Good luck.

goofy donald

Original Poster
Oh my, you've really learned nothing from this thread have you.

For about the 411th time, I'm attempting to help you.

I do not make "Blankent Statements" such as that one without knowing what I am talking about and clearly in this particular case, you don't.

YES, Disney is CONSTANTLY battling the fact that they placed an attraction with MASSIVE re-rideability concerns inside their central Icon. OF COURSE Some people want to re-ride it and others don't, I didn't say everyone comes out hating their lives and wanting to sue Disney, I said it had CONCERNS, because IT IS A FACT that it does.

As you said, SOME PEOPLE come off of the attraction with a sense of hilarity, whistling the admittedly wonderfully catchy tune of the theme song (I know that I end up singing "WE'RE POLLINATORS!" Whenever I see the show).

HOWEVER, a great number of people do not. Not only is the show very very frightening for a myriad of reasons, but, in my opinion it's problem boils down to one major factor. You are basically paying to get attacked. You are hit by simulated shells of nuts blown up by a Spider, sprayed by simulated acid, forced to endure the smell of the stink bug, before being dropped down on by Black Widow Spiders, STUNG BY HORNETS, and frightened by MAGGOTS exiting the theatre prior to you.

There's simply no other way to slice this.

NO ONE in this thread is trying to insult you, or cut down your ideas, if that were the case, we wouldn't be posting, and honestly I think that this show would probably work better in Camp Minnie-Mickey then on Discovery Island (Though not by much).

Ultimately, as I have already stated time and again, this is your park, you are welcome to do whatever you like, but I have attempted to give you reasonable, realistic feedback time and again, and have been the one to be shot down and insulted.

Good luck.

Ok can we please quash all these issues please? It is not helping and probably not encouraging people to read the project with negativity around. I don't believe you have ever been shot down, we've had a difference of opinion and i thought we had a great discussion about our beliefs and i was actually going to pm you saying i ended up agreeing with you on the EE issue and finding a solution, but thank you for displaying the negativity. I even accepted many of your changes AND QUOTED YOU SPECIFICALLY in the project as an important contributor. No one here i think has the right to say they were persecuted because i have been open to every single discussion and even accepted almost every change that's come my way.

As for its tough to be a bug, I don't think the attraction needs to be toned down and i think your ratios are a bit inflated but if you think its necessary then some of the effects can be toned down slightly or warnings can be displayed outside of the attraction. I personally like the fact that its not toned down though because a lot of things at the park have been to cater to a younger audience and i think its taken away from some of the experiences.

Hopefully we can all be a little more positive now, relax guys this is for fun

goofy donald

Original Poster
These are some ideas I previously posted on another thread..... Sorry if there are some repetitions from what you have already posted.

thanks! yes some of these ideas have been used in similar ways and I will take some of them for sure into account for future projects! you will receive credit in one of the upcoming segments :)

FigmentJedi

Actually have been thinking of a retake on Camp Minnie Mickey recently:

* Camp Minnie Mickey is now set in Brownstone Park from the Humphrey the Bear shorts. National Parks based placemaking is brought in as a result, as well as some story bits of multiple Disney scouting groups making their way through like the Wilderness Explorers, the Woodchucks, Fireside Girls, etcetera.

* The Pocahontas stage has an animal show once again, now hosted by Ranger Woodlore and Humphrey

* A new nature trail with North American animals is brought in and mixed with meet and greet spaces for animal characters and fellow visitors like Pocahontas as a trail guide or Russell and Dug

* Ranger Station/Cabin meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie, who have been helping Woodlore recently

* Junior Woodchucks campsite meet and greet with Donald, the Nephews, Goofy and Max. Bigfoot as seen in Goofy Movie might also appear here or on the trail.

* Bambi inspired dark ride

Festival probably stays where it is. Not really sure how well it'd work over in Africa without feeling forced. Theater is given a story as a place Woodlore established for traveling groups along the lines of Simba's Caravan, maybe have references to other animal films as past visitors.

goofy donald

Original Poster
Actually have been thinking of a retake on Camp Minnie Mickey recently:

* Camp Minnie Mickey is now set in Brownstone Park from the Humphrey the Bear shorts. National Parks based placemaking is brought in as a result, as well as some story bits of multiple Disney scouting groups making their way through like the Wilderness Explorers, the Woodchucks, Fireside Girls, etcetera.

* The Pocahontas stage has an animal show once again, now hosted by Ranger Woodlore and Humphrey

* A new nature trail with North American animals is brought in and mixed with meet and greet spaces for animal characters and fellow visitors like Pocahontas as a trail guide or Russell and Dug

* Ranger Station/Cabin meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie, who have been helping Woodlore recently

* Junior Woodchucks campsite meet and greet with Donald, the Nephews, Goofy and Max. Bigfoot as seen in Goofy Movie might also appear here or on the trail.

* Bambi inspired dark ride

Festival probably stays where it is. Not really sure how well it'd work over in Africa without feeling forced. Theater is given a story as a place Woodlore established for traveling groups along the lines of Simba's Caravan, maybe have references to other animal films as past visitors.

Hey Tahu :) Great thoughts on Camp Minnie Mickey

First off is the one thing I really wanted to accomplish here is moving the lion king out of CMM. Just personally for me it feels more forced in the camp as it does in Africa. Now in it's new location, it adds Africa's spiritual story telling element and a connection to the native people in a way which I really like.

This leaves the animal show out because PETucation takes over the old lion king theater. Also this leaves Pocahontas stage for ITTBAB and Bambi is already in the north america section.

What I really liked from your proposal was the brownstone park theme. I think that it would really work well for the entire themeing of the great wild north and Humphrey could be a walk around character in the land. It fits really well with the Chip and Dale E-ticket and adds a little more to the area. Thank you for reminding me as Humphrey is one of my favorites :). Also Mickey and Minnie could be added to the current ranger station for the kid activites. The Junior wood chucks should have a place in CMM though so references to them will be found in the new movie screen and they will receive their own interactive in front of that area.

Those are really the changes I would love to run with thank you very much for your input :) I will update right after I go watch some Humphrey bear shorts :lol:

goofy donald

Original Poster
Hey folks! just remember the challenge is still up for grabs, It's been re-posted bellow, happy guessing!

Only three more lands left 1 you know about but the other 2 are new designs. So why not have a little competition! first person to answer what 2 lands are to come after Planet watch will receive exclusive access to upcoming designs throughout the next round. Good luck :D

mharrington

Hey folks! just remember the challenge is still up for grabs, It's been re-posted bellow, happy guessing!

Only three more lands left 1 you know about but the other 2 are new designs. So why not have a little competition! first person to answer what 2 lands are to come after Planet watch will receive exclusive access to upcoming designs throughout the next round. Good luck :D

Are the two new lands themed to Australia and South America?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom