WDI Layoffs

Quinnmac000

That's essentially how Disney operates now. Disney "Corporate" is a small organization that owns all of these sub-organizations. All of the businesses within Disney have their own P&Ls.

What exactly do you think John Lasseter, Kevin Feige, and Kathleen Kennedy do all day, knit sweaters?

Short the stock. Put your money where your mouth is.

Kevin and Kathleen lack creativity. Kevin is good just knowing Marvel comic book knowledge and he is a face of Marvel currently who needs to fire Joe Quesada ASAP. And Kathleen is just good at greenlighting projects which will make her money but she will never become higher up in Disney as she will not be able to produce outside studio films due to conflict of interests.

CaptainAmerica

Kevin and Kathleen lack creativity. Kevin is good just knowing Marvel comic book knowledge and he is a face of Marvel currently who needs to fire Joe Quesada ASAP. And Kathleen is just good at greenlighting projects which will make her money but she will never become higher up in Disney as she will not be able to produce outside studio films due to conflict of interests.
...and Walt was a crappy animator. What's your point? You're distorting the idea of what a "creative executive" actually is in order to fit the narrative that Disney doesn't have any.

pheneix

Original Poster
Joe having to publicly confront this on Twitter is why I didn't drop his name in the initial post.

Hate seeing stuff like that. It also wasn't a very strong response.

I think we should all take a moment to remember that we are discussing rumors and gossip here. Other ppl stole this content and spread it around and made it a "story."

As long as we are on the same page and agree we're not running to the local newspapers with what we see here that's cool. But man. I feel bad for the dude and regret even mentioning him.

No Name

Bingo!

I knew this was far fetched!

He said he doesn't think so. Which could mean many things, including that he may not yet know. Strangely. Or sadly. Though his comment does give me a ray of hope.

I'm hoping to share your reaction by tomorrow, but I fear that it's still too early.

hopemax

He said he doesn't think so. Which could mean many things, including that he may not yet know. Strangely. Or sadly. Though his comment does give me a ray of hope.

I'm hoping to share your reaction by tomorrow, but I fear that it's still too early.

I trust the source that there is something, so I'm guessing he's using Obi-Wan definition of truth. Disney may ultimately end up calling Joe's departure post-Avatar a "retirement" because laying him off or firing may lead to too many questions and embarrassing answers. Everyone will get to save face but Joe won't be leaving by choice, or be there anymore.

Quinnmac000

I trust the source that there is something, so I'm guessing he's using Obi-Wan definition of truth. Disney may ultimately end up calling Joe's departure post-Avatar a "retirement" because laying him off or firing may lead to too many questions and embarrassing answers. Everyone will get to save face but Joe won't be leaving by choice, or be there anymore.

Laying off and firing, he can go to Universal. Retiring he has to wait 2 years before working for a competing company after his retirement date.

No Name

Well, they can't call it a retirement unless he willingly leaves the company. He could stand there all day 'till they fire him or lay him off, but they can't force him to retire.

If he truly doesn't want to go, well, I hope he lets them fire him. Make them look bad for it.

In my book, Tony Baxter willingly left the company, because they didn't actually kick him out. He left. And the history books will forever mark it as a retirement.

Luigi

Say what you want about Feige being just a manager of Marvel, but do not insult the legacy of Kathleen Kennedy. This woman is an icon in Hollywood and has overseen and helped create, YES CREATE, some of the most memorable movies of the last 30+ years. She is respected by all who work for her and with her.

indyumd

seyter.png

HMF

It seems weird they would get rid of Joe Rohde so shortly after having him as the face of the Tower of Terror to Guardians of the Galaxy change at DCA.
Ever figure that may have been a deliberate ploy to turn the fan base against him so they would be glad to see him gone?

jt04

I haven't seen a list of names, but it makes sense given that Shanghai and Disney Springs have finished.

Good timing for Universal Creative to do some recruitment and get working on that 3rd gate!

I will believe Uni is building a third gate when I see the bulldozers.

However, to Uni's credit, the Hulk queue is very well done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom