1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Water Shoes at the Water Parks

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by TheWhites, Mar 5, 2007.

1. TheWhites

TheWhites New Member

I've read that water shoes are recommended when visiting the water parks. What I haven't seen is whether you're allowed to wear the water shoes on the water slides.

If anyone knows whether or not this is allowed, I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks in advance.

2. The Mom

The Mom Moderator Moderator Premium Member

I believe you have to remove them, and either hold them, or leave them at the bottom near the exit.

I forgot to write "on the slide" in the above sentence. I realize it looks as if I'm talking about the park entrance, which wasn't my intent. Sorry.

3. Monty

Monty Who opened Pandora's Box? Premium Member

I wore a pair of slip-on rubber-soled water shoes that I bought entering Typhoon Lagoon for around $11 the whole time I was in the park.

I googled Water Shoes and saw a bunch of stuff I suspect they would expect you to remove though, so I'm not sure.

I wore something like this:
    [​IMG]
    and no-one questioned it, but I somehow doubt they'd allow something like this:

[​IMG]

Both are called "Water Shoes"

4. monorailguy01

monorailguy01 New Member

The top shoe is made to be worn in the water, the bottom shoe is like a water proof shoe that should not soked in water...

5. GenerationX

GenerationX Well-Known Member

I wore my water shoes to both TL and BB last summer. I had to take them off and hold them on Summit Plummet. I was allowed to wear them in the pools and on the big family raft ride, though. I'm glad I had them; there's a lot of walking in those parks!

6. Monty

Monty Who opened Pandora's Box? Premium Member

I realize that, but not knowing what the OP considers a water
    shoe, I figured I'd distinguish... :shrug:

7. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Pro Star Wars geek. Premium Member

The only slide I have had to take them off on were the speed slides (ie Summit plummet).

8. The Mom

The Mom Moderator Moderator Premium Member

Thank you. I thought I had read that there were certain slides where you have to remove them.

9. hokielutz

hokielutz Well-Known Member

Wearing those on the speed slides could cause HUGE problems/injuries if you start to drag a foot when you are half-way down or up to full speed on those slides.... :eek:

10. goofyfamily

goofyfamily New Member

My one son and husband wore their water shoes and had to take them off a few times. My other son and I didnt wear any shoes. Blizzard beach was fine ,they even have water squirting across many of the walkways so it wasnt hot. But at Typhoon lagoon it is a little hotter especially where the lockers are. So it is a personal preference.

11. marynorth

marynorth New Member

Not only is it a heat issue on the ground, but they use that textured concrete for the walkways. Once your feet have been wet for a while, and your skin gets softened, that stuff just kills your feet! I learned that the hard way the first time we went and had to spring for some water socks at the Typhoon Lagoon store. You really need to wear those water socks - or my kids wore Teva's.

12. jonabyte

jonabyte Active Member

Two years ago, my wife and I wore them on all the water slides without anyone asking us to take them off. I don't recall the warning signs saying anything about them either.
    This was in Typhoon Lagoon.