Water Shoes at the Water Parks

TheWhites

I've read that water shoes are recommended when visiting the water parks. What I haven't seen is whether you're allowed to wear the water shoes on the water slides.

If anyone knows whether or not this is allowed, I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks in advance.

The Mom

Premium Member
I believe you have to remove them, and either hold them, or leave them at the bottom near the exit.

I forgot to write "on the slide" in the above sentence. I realize it looks as if I'm talking about the park entrance, which wasn't my intent. Sorry.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I wore a pair of slip-on rubber-soled water shoes that I bought entering Typhoon Lagoon for around $11 the whole time I was in the park.

I googled Water Shoes and saw a bunch of stuff I suspect they would expect you to remove though, so I'm not sure.

I wore something like this:
1843-2T.jpg

and no-one questioned it, but I somehow doubt they'd allow something like this:

6268.19047_d.jpg

Both are called "Water Shoes"

Upvote 0

GenerationX

I wore my water shoes to both TL and BB last summer. I had to take them off and hold them on Summit Plummet. I was allowed to wear them in the pools and on the big family raft ride, though. I'm glad I had them; there's a lot of walking in those parks!

Upvote 0

goofyfamily

My one son and husband wore their water shoes and had to take them off a few times. My other son and I didnt wear any shoes. Blizzard beach was fine ,they even have water squirting across many of the walkways so it wasnt hot. But at Typhoon lagoon it is a little hotter especially where the lockers are. So it is a personal preference.

Upvote 0

marynorth

Not only is it a heat issue on the ground, but they use that textured concrete for the walkways. Once your feet have been wet for a while, and your skin gets softened, that stuff just kills your feet! I learned that the hard way the first time we went and had to spring for some water socks at the Typhoon Lagoon store. You really need to wear those water socks - or my kids wore Teva's.

Upvote 0

jonabyte

Two years ago, my wife and I wore them on all the water slides without anyone asking us to take them off. I don't recall the warning signs saying anything about them either.
This was in Typhoon Lagoon.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom