Announcement Warning Points and Bans

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Posts that do not meet the basic terms and conditions of posting on the forum will result in the poster receiving a warning.

With each warning comes a number of points, typically 1 point per post that does not follow the basic terms and conditions of posting.

If you receive 4 warning points in a 30 day period, your account will automatically be banned from posting for 1 week.

Please note, that the banning is an automated process, and moderators do not keep a watch on individual members warning point totals.

If you do not take the warnings seriously and receive enough points, your account will be automatically banned for 1 week.

The above information applies only to warnings. Any action that is a gross violation of the forum's posting guidelines will be permanently banned without warning.

You can read the posting terms and conditions at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/help/terms

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
You know how in sports, a bunch of trophies are awarded in people's honors. The Lombardi Trophy, the Stanley Cup, Etc?

Can we get a report on who the first person to receive the Auto-ban is, and then name this process after them from then on?

For example, I go out on a massive, insanity driven rant on Future World, including many 4 letter words, offending implications on specific posters and farm animals, etc.

From then on, we can say someone's been @sshindel-ed

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You know how in sports, a bunch of trophies are awarded in people's honors. The Lombardi Trophy, the Stanley Cup, Etc?

Can we get a report on who the first person to receive the Auto-ban is, and then name this process after them from then on?

For example, I go out on a massive, insanity driven rant on Future World, including many 4 letter words, offending implications on specific posters and farm animals, etc.

Interesting idea.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Its an interesting proposal...... but -

What is the reasoning for 4 points ?? And why 30 days ???

In football (soccer for my friends over the pond) a player is given a yellow card (warning) after their first foul and sent off after receiving a second yellow. For a very serious offence, its a straight red and off immediately.

I feel that to give somebody 4 chances in a 30 day period is too lenient - If somebody is not observing the rules then disciplinerary action is required. No more than three warnings per 4 week period, then - OFF WITH THEIR HEAD !!!!

Be interesting to know why this thread has been created - somebody, somewhere has posted something offensive

PUSH

Not that I plan on getting warnings, but will these points be visible to members? Or will we have to keep track of them ourselves?

I like this, though! Thanks Steve!

NiarrNDisney

Not that I plan on getting warnings, but will these points be visible to members? Or will we have to keep track of them ourselves?

I like this, though! Thanks Steve!

What they said!
Will the poster be notified through an email or something?

G00fyDad

I hope this works, but I have seen it used on other forums and it doesn't go well. For anyone. One site (I'm not mentioning names) uses this and they have a moderator that I still see abusing this by awarding points to members just because she does not agree with them. Not that I am saying we have mods here like that. Just saying that I have seen this backfire a lot. But.... Keepin positive! :D

Nemo14

I hope this works, but I have seen it used on other forums and it doesn't go well. For anyone. One site (I'm not mentioning names) uses this and they have a moderator that I still see abusing this by awarding points to members just because she does not agree with them. Not that I am saying we have mods here like that. Just saying that I have seen this backfire a lot. But.... Keepin positive! :D
Our mods here are quite fair though.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I think it'll be "they got photodaved"...

:)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Its an interesting proposal...... but -

What is the reasoning for 4 points ?? And why 30 days ???

In football (soccer for my friends over the pond) a player is given a yellow card (warning) after their first foul and sent off after receiving a second yellow. For a very serious offence, its a straight red and off immediately.

I feel that to give somebody 4 chances in a 30 day period is too lenient - If somebody is not observing the rules then disciplinerary action is required. No more than three warnings per 4 week period, then - OFF WITH THEIR HEAD !!!!

Be interesting to know why this thread has been created - somebody, somewhere has posted something offensive
Notice that it is typically 1 point per post. It could be more than 1 point per post, meaning the 4 points for a ban will be reached far more quickly.

None of this changes an immediate ban for any gross violation.

PhotoDave219

Not with this site. They are very fair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom