WaltWiz's Dream Disney Resort #1 (Help Wanted)

WaltWiz1901

Original Poster
@WaltWiz1901 what do you mean by Help Wanted on the title?
Currently looking for some fellow Imagineers who can supply:
  • concept art for select attractions (I'll pitch in with art [and maps] of my own, too; anyone who gets tagged in can pick which ones they'd like to visualize in some form)
  • synopses for any attractions I get figuratively stuck on (for attractions that are mostly cloned from pre-existing builds - of which there aren't too much - I'll simply put in a video of the attraction and any changes where applicable)
Not sure what year is set for the resort, but wonder what the resort would do for Disney 100?
That'll have to wait for a holiday...

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
  • concept art for select attractions (I'll pitch in with art [and maps] of my own, too; anyone who gets tagged in can pick which ones they'd like to visualize in some form)
  • synopses for any attractions I get figuratively stuck on (for attractions that are mostly cloned from pre-existing builds - of which there aren't too much - I'll simply put in a video of the attraction and any changes where applicable)

That'll have to wait for a holiday...
Hey @WaltWiz1901 if you need any help with top down maps, give me a holler. I don’t have any major projects going on. I’m not the best with attraction concept to the side or the front but I might give it a try.

Thanks for the clarification! From the looks of this we can’t request any additional experiences. Also, I saw this that the Wonderland sub-section of Fantasyland had a second flat ride to coincide with the Teacups: Jolly Caucus Race. What type of ride will it be since we already have a carousel (of progress), a spinner, a ferris wheel and teacups?

Frontierland
  • Thunder Mesa
  • Grizzly Valley
  • Western River Expedition
  • Iron Mountain
  • Country Bear Lodge — Country Bear Musical Jamboree
  • Wilderness Lodge — Annual Meeting of the Frog Scouts
  • Rainbow Ridge Mine Train/Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing/Big Al’s Redwood Rally
  • Exploration and Play Zones — Western River Discovery Trail/Thunder Mesa Shootin’ Exposition
No Big Thunder?

For the next One Sentence Competition, don't ask me. Ask [REDACTED TO AVOID SPOILERS]

For the next larger scale forum competition, more will be revealed later. Right now, the grand finale is still going for @Dark PerGron"s Manor of Mysteries and i dont want to take focus away from that. Wouldn't be fair to the hosts or the players there who've put in so much hard work and have done such an incredible job. This is still their moment. but generally there's about a month give or take between big games and if you look at my username there's a hint as to what date about a month from now that I might try to start something. But again, right now the focus for big games is Manor of Mysteries and this thread is about @WaltWiz1901 's amazing dream park. Ill be sure to tag you whenever something is announced though
@Pi on my Cake, Manor of mysteries is just a mystery, so it’s already over.

WaltWiz1901

Original Poster

Overview of the Resort​

At full buildout, this Dream Resort contains two parks, three hotels, and a mall:

Parks​

• Disneyland Park is where the happiest legacy on Earth lives on. After making their way down a truly grand avenue, one of six worlds open to guests; worlds where they can embark on such adventures as a river expedition through the Wild West, saving a Golden Rhino from evil forces, a wacky journey through the looking glass, a flight in a hot air balloon around the world, and zooming through the galaxy. In this expansive magic kingdom, your dreams can come true - and usually will!
  • At Disney’s Fantastic Realms Park, a multitude of realms drawn from throughout the Disney multiverse come to life. From towns populated by monsters and ducks to a tropical planet in a galaxy far, far away, these Fantastic Realms are sure to ignite a spark of imagination in you.

Hotels​

• Disneyland Hotel, located near the front gate of Disneyland
  • Disney’s Haunted Mansion Hotel, based on the classic attraction
  • Disney’s Galactic Embassy Hotel, located near and accessible via a bridge to and from Tomorrowland
Disney Square is the resort’s version of Downtown Disney, and in addition to various dining and shopping venues, features entertainment and attractions like Muppet Studios and wed.

Just thought I'd use this overview as a warm-up before diving into the main tour of the first park and, before that, the entry plaza. Keep your eyes peeled for more coming very soon...and maybe some maps from yours truly!

WaltWiz1901

Original Poster
Thanks for the clarification! From the looks of this we can’t request any additional experiences.
As of today, these are what I already have set in stone:
  • Disneyland's attraction lineup (probably the only thing here that could use a bit of fine-tuning is the entertainment)
  • Fantastic Realms' ride lineup (not a full attraction lineup; a bit more non-ride attractions, like shows and walkthroughs, would be appreciated from anyone interested in helping out)
  • Muppet Studios' offerings (in Disney Square)
Also, I saw this that the Wonderland sub-section of Fantasyland had a second flat ride to coincide with the Teacups: Jolly Caucus Race. What type of ride will it be since we already have a carousel (of progress), a spinner, a ferris wheel and teacups?
Was originally thinking about saving a fuller synopsis for the walkthrough of Disneyland (and a later post about both of Wonderland's flat rides), but it's a circular "caterpillar" ride, very similar in build to Scuttle's Scooters at Tokyo DisneySea.
2365998650_a181a7d259_k.jpg
No Big Thunder?
Not exactly...Iron Mountain is this park's Big Thunder Mountain

As of today, these are what I already have set in stone:
  • Disneyland's attraction lineup (probably the only thing here that could use a bit of fine-tuning is the entertainment)
  • Fantastic Realms' ride lineup (not a full attraction lineup; a bit more non-ride attractions, like shows and walkthroughs, would be appreciated from anyone interested in helping out)
  • Muppet Studios' offerings (in Disney Square)

Was originally thinking about saving a fuller synopsis for the walkthrough of Disneyland (and a later post about both of Wonderland's flat rides), but it's a circular "caterpillar" ride, very similar in build to Scuttle's Scooters at Tokyo DisneySea.

Not exactly...Iron Mountain is this park's Big Thunder Mountain
Alright! I could get some ride layouts drawn along with attraction concepts. Using the caterpillar for the Jolly Caucus Race is such a creative idea! Maybe a Queen of hearts with a flamingo in the center? (I haven’t seen Alice in a while, so I can’t recall what the caucus was used for) and I could drawn a picture for Iron Mountain, when I get the color pictured, I’m thinking a orange-grey mix.

WaltWiz1901

Original Poster
Using the caterpillar for the Jolly Caucus Race is such a creative idea! Maybe a Queen of hearts with a flamingo in the center? (I haven’t seen Alice in a while, so I can’t recall what the caucus was used for)
It's supposed to be based on this scene:
Screenshot 2024-02-21 185121.png

Gonna refrain from giving away too much this early, but substitute the crab shells with oyster shells, the crabs themselves with various birds and sea creatures (like in the above screenshot), and Scuttle with the Dodo and you'll get the idea.

Last edited:
It's supposed to be based on this scene:
View attachment 769722
Gonna refrain from giving away too much this early, but substitute the snail shells with oyster shells, the snails themselves with various birds and sea creatures (like in the above screenshot), and Scuttle with the Dodo and you'll get the idea.
The Walrus and the Carpenter (The seafood shack where cannibalism occurs) could be a nice dining venue next to the ride, if a shore is placed there…

WaltWiz1901

Original Poster
As I begin to think about how a tour of Disneyland Park would go, gonna begin recruiting a team of Imagineers for this resort...
dZhUwUC.png

For starters:
@AceAstro
@Architectural Guinea Pig
@Brer Oswald
@Brer Panther
@D Hulk
@Evilgidgit
@MANEATINGWREATH
@MonorailRed
(@Disney Dad 3000 has already signed on as well)

While I'll do the walkthroughs and maps for both parks (and will either do full write-ups for or contribute to many of the ridethroughs), all of you are free to pick which attractions you'd like to conceptualize (whether it be concept art, layouts, and/or ridethroughs). Some of the attractions presently being alluded to on the table of contents on the first page may be familiar - they were born from or inspired by previous projects and proposals of yours, and credit will be given where due at the points where these attractions appear in the walkthroughs of either park.

Last edited:
As I begin to think up a tour of Disneyland Park, gonna begin recruiting a team of Imagineers for this resort...
dZhUwUC.png

For starters:
@AceAstro
@Brer Oswald
@Brer Panther
@D Hulk
@Evilgidgit
@MANEATINGWREATH
@MonorailRed
While I'll do the walkthroughs and maps for both parks (and will either do full write-ups for or contribute to many of the ridethroughs), all of you are free to pick which attractions you'd like to conceptualize (whether it be concept art, layouts, and/or ridethroughs). Some of the attractions presently being alluded to on the table of contents on the first page may be familiar - they were born from or inspired by previous projects and proposals of yours, and credit will be given where due at the points where these attractions appear in the walkthroughs of either park.
What about me?
IMG_0294.gif

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
As I begin to think up a tour of Disneyland Park, gonna begin recruiting a team of Imagineers for this resort...
dZhUwUC.png

For starters:
@AceAstro
@Brer Oswald
@Brer Panther
@D Hulk
@Evilgidgit
@MANEATINGWREATH
@MonorailRed
I'll join if I can do Disney studio park like Disney-MGM Studios or Disney-Warner Bros. Studios Backlot, as other names I came up with other users.

WaltWiz1901

Original Poster
I'll help.
Again, sounds like a plan to me! Which attractions would you like to contribute to in any capacity?
I'll join if I can do Disney studio park like Disney-MGM Studios or Disney-Warner Bros. Studios Backlot, as other names I came up with other users.
There will be something in it for you (hint: it involves a certain R.R.)...

...but there won't be a studio park; not only are there a ton of attractions as-is (so a third gate is out of the question), but most of the IPs that would otherwise go in one will be found elsewhere in the resort (Marvel and Star Wars in Fantastic Realms, the Muppets in Disney Square, etc.).

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Again, sounds like a plan to me! Which attractions would you like to contribute to in any capacity?

There will be something in it for you (hint: it involves a certain R.R.)...

...but there won't be a studio park; not only are there a ton of attractions as-is (so a third gate is out of the question), but most of the IPs that would otherwise go in one will be found elsewhere in the resort (Marvel and Star Wars in Fantastic Realms, the Muppets in Disney Square, etc.).
Roger Rabbit's Runaway Trolley will be amazing to be addition for Toontown for Dream Disney Resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom