WaltWiz's Dream Disney Resort #1 (Help Wanted)

WaltWiz1901

Original Poster
In the tradition of many an armchair Imagineer, for as long as I've lurked around this neck of the woods, I've thought about sharing my ideas for new parks and attractions here. This resort in particular has been more than a year in the making, going through a number of tweaks along the way (in the process diverging further and further away from just cherry-picking elements from the existing parks early OLC-style, but still retaining a lot of what makes them special). Now, it's at a state where I feel like it's more or less ready to present, so let's go explore this new resort together, shall we?

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here, age relives fond memories of the past and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts which have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.
— Walt Disney, July 17, 1955

With these faithful words, entertainment entrepreneur Walter Elias Disney — better known as Walt Disney — welcomed people to a land unlike any other. Disneyland would usher in a new kind of amusement park — a theme park where guests could leave today and enter the immersive world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Being the kind to look for ways to “plus” his craft and burdened by the park’s lack of the “blessing of size”, Walt set his sights east — specifically, to 30,500 acres of land in Orlando, Florida. Although he passed away five years too early to see his big plans for the property become a reality, his brother Roy wasn’t going to let everything come to a halt, and changed the name of the property from “Disney World” to “Walt Disney World” in honor of his deceased brother. Twenty-four days after the Magic Kingdom, and the first parts of the resort, opened to the public, Roy officially dedicated WDW to all who came...

“Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney... and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney’s dream come true. May Walt Disney World bring Joy and Inspiration and New Knowledge to all who come to this happy place ... a Magic Kingdom where the young at heart of all ages can laugh and play and learn — together.”
— Roy O. Disney, October 25, 1971

Today, the so-called “Vacation Kingdom” keeps true to that name as the most visited vacation destination in the world, with the Magic Kingdom joined by three other parks — EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal KingdomDisney Springs, and many, many more. Not without some fits and starts, the original Disneyland has blossomed into a full resort complex as well, with a second park (Disney California Adventure) and Downtown Disney.

America isn’t the only place that Walt’s legacy has cast its spell on. Around the world are four other Disney resorts: Tokyo Disney Resort, home not only to Tokyo Disneyland but to Tokyo DisneySea, regarded by many a theme park fan as a zenith of themed design; Disneyland Resort Paris, home to the just as beautifully designed Disneyland Paris and smaller sibling Walt Disney Studios; Hong Kong Disneyland Resort; and Shanghai Disney Resort, giving Mainlanders an experience that’s “authentically Disney, distinctly Chinese”.

Which brings us to where our story begins. Welcome, to all who come to this happy place, to the newest member of this family of resorts...

Dream Disney Resort

locale TBD

Last edited:

WaltWiz1901

Original Poster

Table of Contents​

Disneyland Park

Grand Avenue
  • Overview
  • Central Plaza
  • Disneyland Railroad
  • Disneyland Elevated Electric Railway/Big City Vehicles
  • Broadway Theater/Movie Palace
  • Grand Avenue Exhibition Hall — The Walt Disney Story/Automata-mericana
  • Character Court

Frontierland
  • Thunder Ridge
  • The Great Outdoors
  • Western River Expedition
  • Iron Mountain
  • Country Bear Lodge — Country Bear Musical Jamboree
  • Wilderness Lodge — Annual Meeting of the Frog Scouts
  • Thunder Ridge Mine Train/Thunder Ridge Riverboat Landing/Big Al’s Redwood Rally
  • Exploration and Play Zones — Western River Discovery Trail/Thunder Ridge Shootin’ Exposition

Adventureland
  • Lost Coast/Expedition Fogg
  • Te Fiti
  • Isla Tortuga
  • Indiana Jones River Adventure: Temple of Great Zimbabwe
  • Plunder Manor
  • Fire Mountain
  • Moana: Quest for Tangaroa
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of Skull Mountain
  • Journey Into the Jungle Book
  • Lord Mystic’s Enchanted Tiki Room
  • Te Fiti Gathering Place — Mamaina Toa: Legend of Moana
  • Steam Skimmers/Maui’s Splash Battle/Wayfinder Catamarans
  • Exploration and Play Zones — Roaring Falls Challenge Trails/S.E.A. Treehouse/Heartsprings/Isla de Muerta
  • Character Greetings — Hakuna Matata Hut/Te Fiti Meeting House

Fantasyland
  • Cinderella’s Castle of Dreams — The Sorcerer’s Workshop/Wish Garden
  • Storybook Village
  • Wonderland
  • Enchanted Forest
  • Thorn Mountain
  • Alice Through the Looking Glass
  • Mr. Toad’s Motor Mania
  • Pooh’s Hide ‘n’ Seek Adventure
  • Mary Poppins’s Jolly Holiday
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  • A Tangled Tale
  • Favorite Friends — Frozen Ever After/Peter Pan’s Flight/Snow White’s Adventures/Pinocchio’s Fantastic Journey
  • Enchanted Rivers
  • Mickey and the Magical Library
  • The Promise of a Rose
  • Higitus Figitus! Merlin’s Magic Show
  • Round Rides of Fantasyland — Cinderella Carrousel/Dumbo the Flying Elephant/The Old Mill
  • Wonderland Whirls — Mad Hatter’s Tea Party/Jolly Caucus Race
  • Exploration and Play Zones — Queen of Hearts’ Domain/Pooh’s Playful Spot/DunBroch Adventure Trails/Unicorn Cove
  • Character Greetings — Ariel’s Grotto/The Friendly Place/Royal Reception

Progressland
  • Overview
  • Mars Madness!
  • “it’s a small world”
  • Flying Saucers
  • Exploration Zones

Tomorrowland
  • Overview
  • Space Mountain: Solar Mission
  • New Horizons
  • WALL*E: Robot Rescue
  • NanoVenture
  • Big Hero 6: Super Science Showcase!
  • Rockin’ Rollin’ Robotic Revue
  • Interstellar: A Cosmic Voyage
  • The PeopleMover/Orbitron
  • Circle-Vision Theater
  • Exploration and Play Zones — Tomorrowland Zoo/CentreCore

Steamboat Springs
  • Overview
  • Mickey’s Madcap Madhouse
  • Oswald’s Trolley Troubles/Pete’s Junkyard Jamboree
  • Steamboat Willie

Park Spectaculars
  • Symphony of Color Parade
  • Disneyland Electrical Parade

Second gate (name TBD)

• Introduction
  • Park Layout and Design
  • Recap

Hallow Vale
  • Overview

Discovery Bay
  • Overview
  • Voyage to the Lost World
  • Around the World in 80 Days
  • Professor Marvel’s Gallery of Wonders
  • The Grand Balloon/The Great Brass Carousel
  • Exploration Zones — The Nautilus/Discovery Bay Waterworks

Tundraland
  • Overview
  • Tundra Mountain
  • Expedition: Down
  • Enderby Rafting Co.
  • Snowbus Tours
  • Cavern Exploration

Marvel Universe: Asgard
  • Overview
  • Thor: Bifrost Flight
  • Avengers: Ragnarok ‘n’ Roll
  • Maelstrom: Age of Odin

Star Wars: Tropical Outpost
  • Overview
  • Bounty Hunters: The Prize of Mandalore
  • Speeder Bike Run
  • Black Squadron
  • Outer Rim Creatuary
Work in progress

Hotels and Other Venues​

Hotels
  • Disneyland Hotel
  • Disney’s Haunted Mansion Hotel
  • Disney’s Galactic Embassy Hotel

Disney Square
  • Dining
  • Shopping
  • Muppet Studios
  • World of Disney
  • wed

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

This looks interesting. I’m curious about how your resort is going to include Disney, Muppets, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Studios.

WaltWiz1901

Original Poster
I’m curious about how your resort is going to include Disney, Muppets, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Studios.
While Disney itself will obviously be the main focus, these other brands will appear in these places:
  • Pixar properties that are sure to be here are Monsters, Inc. (as one of Fantastic Realms' "realms"), WALL*E (in Tomorrowland), and Brave (in Fantasyland), though the others like Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and Cars could put in an appearance in either of the parades or elsewhere in the resort
  • One of the other "realms" will be a Marvel land
  • For Lucasfilm properties, Indiana Jones naturally appears in Adventureland, and another Star Wars planet makes up yet another Fantastic Realms "realm"
  • The Muppets will put in an appearance in both Frontierland/Grizzly Valley and the resort's Downtown Disney equivalent

WaltWiz1901

Original Poster
Not sure exactly which Fox properties to put in, and quite frankly, there's a lot of stuff in their backlog that would feel just plain silly in a Disney park. Maybe in another park project...

WaltWiz1901

Original Poster
Here's the order I'll present everything in:
  • An overview of the whole resort, and the Gateway Plaza, obviously go first
  • For Disneyland, I'll do overviews of the whole park and its lands, then I'll elaborate on the attractions within, then a recap
  • Same for Fantastic Realms...
  • ..and then the other infrastructure throughout the resort (namely the hotels and the shopping/dining/entertainment district, which I'm still trying to land on a name for)

WaltWiz1901

Original Poster
Because there’s Avatar, The Simpsons, Ice Age, etc
Already have a basic plan for this resort almost ironed out, and none of them are in. Of the three, Ice Age may be the most likely to show up in a future park project; as much as I like the Simpsons, I don't think they'd be a good fit in a Disney park, and I'm in no hurry to put a Pandora version into any of my projects either.

WaltWiz1901

Original Poster
Gonna have the first few parts of my writeup finished sometime at the end of this week or the next. I've been putting a Doc together listing all the attractions/dining/shopping and whatnot that would go into this resort, which would now serve double-duty as the perfect place to write (almost) all about it.

I'm thinking about having some concept art for the new or unique stuff done as well, and while I'll draw up maps for both parks and a few other pieces, a project of this magnitude really could benefit from a bit of assistance...

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Table of Contents​

• Overview
  • Guest Services
  • Gateway Plaza

Disneyland Park

• Introduction
  • Park Layout and Design
  • Recap

Grand Avenue
  • Overview
  • Disneyland Railroad
  • Disneyland Elevated Electric Railway
  • Big City Vehicles
  • Liberty Theater/Movie House
  • Grand Avenue Exhibition Hall — The Walt Disney Story
  • Grand Avenue Arcades
  • Character Court

Frontierland
  • Thunder Mesa
  • Grizzly Valley
  • Western River Expedition
  • Iron Mountain
  • Country Bear Lodge — Country Bear Musical Jamboree
  • Wilderness Lodge — Annual Meeting of the Frog Scouts
  • Rainbow Ridge Mine Train/Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing/Big Al’s Redwood Rally
  • Exploration and Play Zones — Western River Discovery Trail/Thunder Mesa Shootin’ Exposition

Adventureland
  • Lost Coast/Expedition Fogg
  • Te Fiti
  • Isla Tortuga
  • Indiana Jones River Adventure: Temple of Great Zimbabwe
  • Plunder Manor
  • Fire Mountain
  • Moana: Quest for Tangaroa
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of Skull Mountain
  • Journey Into the Jungle Book
  • Lord Mystic’s Enchanted Tiki Room
  • Te Fiti Gathering Place — Mamaina Toa: Legend of Moana
  • Steam Skimmers/Maui’s Splash Battle/Wayfinder Catamarans
  • Exploration and Play Zones — Roaring Falls Challenge Trails/S.E.A. Treehouse/Heartsprings/Isla de Muerta
  • Character Greetings — Hakuna Matata Hut/Te Fiti Meeting House

Fantasyland
  • Cinderella’s Enchanted Castle — Sorcerer’s Workshop/Wish Garden
  • Storybook Village
  • Wonderland
  • Enchanted Forest
  • Thorn Mountain
  • Alice Through the Looking Glass
  • Mr. Toad’s Motor Mania
  • The Swan Queen
  • Pooh’s Hide ‘n’ Seek Adventure
  • Mary Poppins’s Jolly Holiday
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  • A Tangled Tale
  • Favorite Friends — Frozen Ever After/Peter Pan’s Flight/Snow White’s Adventures/Pinocchio’s Fantastic Journey
  • Enchanted Rivers
  • Mickey and the Magical Library
  • The Promise of a Rose
  • Higitus Figitus! Merlin’s Magic Show
  • Round Rides of Fantasyland — Cinderella Carrousel/Dumbo the Flying Elephant/The Old Mill
  • Wonderland Whirls — Mad Hatter’s Tea Party/Jolly Caucus Race
  • Exploration and Play Zones — Queen of Hearts’ Domain/Pooh’s Playful Spot/DunBroch Adventure Trails/Unicorn Cove
  • Character Greetings — Ariel’s Grotto/The Friendly Place/Royal Reception

Discovery Bay
  • Overview
  • War of the Worlds
  • Around the World in 80 Days
  • Professor Marvel’s Gallery of Wonders
  • The Grand Balloon
  • Exploration Zones — The Nautilus/Discovery Bay Waterworks

Tomorrowland
  • Overview
  • Space Mountain
  • New Horizons
  • WALL*E: Robot Rescue
  • NanoVenture
  • Big Hero 6: Super Science Showcase!
  • Rockin’ Rollin’ Robotic Revue
  • Interstellar: A Cosmic Voyage
  • The PeopleMover
  • Circle-Vision Theater
  • Round Rides of Tomorrowland — Orbitron/Flying Saucers
  • Exploration and Play Zones — Tomorrowland Zoo/CentreCore
  • Tomorrowland Towers Hotel

Steamboat Springs
  • Overview
  • Dark Rides — Mickey’s Madcap Madhouse/Oswald’s Lucky Travels
  • Mickey’s Plane Crazy/Pete’s Construction Coaster/Pete’s Junkyard Jamboree
  • Steamboat Willie

Park Spectaculars
  • Symphony of Color Parade
  • Disneyland Electrical Parade

Disney’s Fantastic Realms Park

• Introduction
  • Park Layout and Design
  • Recap

Monstropolis
  • Overview
  • Scare Floor Showdown
  • Monsters University: On a Roll!

Duckburg
  • Overview
  • Scrooge’s Treasure Trek
  • Money Bin Break-In!
  • Crash Course Quack
  • Von Drake’s House of Genius
  • McDuck Manor/Donald’s House

Game Central Station
  • Overview
  • Sugar Rush Speedway
  • Hero’s Duty
  • Peppermint Twist/Candy Cane Forest

Tundraland
  • Overview
  • Tundra Mountain
  • Expedition: Down
  • Enderby Rafting Co.
  • Snowbus Tours
  • Cavern Exploration

Marvel Universe: Asgard
  • Overview
  • Thor: Bifrost Flight
  • Avengers: Ragnarok ‘n’ Roll
  • Maelstrom: Age of Odin

The Hinterlands
  • Halloween Town
  • Christmas Town
  • Jack’s Midnight Ride
  • Christmas Town Express
  • Santa’s Carrousel/Oogie Boogie’s Roulette of Fear
Work in progress

Hotels and Other Venues​

Work in progress
I'm excited to see this project! A lot of cool ideas here!!

WaltWiz1901

Original Poster
How will hide and seek adventure from ParkLore work? I only Imagine a bare dark forest setting with greenery resembling pooh bears friends with only a few animatronics
Glad you recognized that (trust me on this, it was super hard to decide what direction to take the Pooh dark ride in)...and no, it's not going to be just what you said:
  • Systemically, this is similar to Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek! at Tokyo Disneyland: a busbar dark ride with a flashlight (or in this case, lantern) component that triggers interactive scenes when shone upon special icons
  • Aesthetically, several cues are taken from another Tokyo fan-favorite, Pooh's Hunny Hunt: full Audio-Animatronics and dimensional sets instead of traditional Fantasyland-style animated figures and plywood flats
  • Not going to give too much away too soon, but only a couple of story beats will be reused from the other Winnie the Pooh dark rides - bouncing with Tigger and exploring a Heffalump-and-Woozle-infested dreamscape - while new ones take inspiration from Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and the 2011 film (the Backson will definitely appear in the ride, though where and how is still something I'm working out)
  • To add some variation to the scenes, the honey pots could travel through some of the characters' homes (including Gopher's hole)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Also @Pi on my Cake, when is the next imagineering contest being held?
For the next One Sentence Competition, don't ask me. Ask [REDACTED TO AVOID SPOILERS]

For the next larger scale forum competition, more will be revealed later. Right now, the grand finale is still going for @Dark PerGron"s Manor of Mysteries and i dont want to take focus away from that. Wouldn't be fair to the hosts or the players there who've put in so much hard work and have done such an incredible job. This is still their moment. but generally there's about a month give or take between big games and if you look at my username there's a hint as to what date about a month from now that I might try to start something. But again, right now the focus for big games is Manor of Mysteries and this thread is about @WaltWiz1901 's amazing dream park. Ill be sure to tag you whenever something is announced though

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
For the next One Sentence Competition, don't ask me. Ask [REDACTED TO AVOID SPOILERS]

For the next larger scale forum competition, more will be revealed later. Right now, the grand finale is still going for @Dark PerGron"s Manor of Mysteries and i dont want to take focus away from that. Wouldn't be fair to the hosts or the players there who've put in so much hard work and have done such an incredible job. This is still their moment. but generally there's about a month give or take between big games and if you look at my username there's a hint as to what date about a month from now that I might try to start something. But again, right now the focus for big games is Manor of Mysteries and this thread is about @WaltWiz1901 's amazing dream park. Ill be sure to tag you whenever something is announced though
Thank you @Pi on my Cake for noticing my help wanted joke

1708028037622.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom