News Walt Disney World's Character meet locations to reopen along with more shows and entertainment

WorldExplorer

In the mean time, I just realized something; regular meet and greets are back after Easter weekend (17th). Earth Day (22nd) was advertised as featuring a "special character cruise".

Darnit, I was really hoping we'd speed line getting the characters off the danged boats.

ToTBellHop

Well it's Noon....forgive me if I'm inpatient but I figured this would have dropped at the start of the day?

This better not Bomb today or Disney will have a bigger PR Crisis.......
Alright, break time is over. Get back on the floor!
1648743509185.gif

mm52200

In the mean time, I just realized something; regular meet and greets are back after Easter weekend (17th). Earth Day (22nd) was advertised as featuring a "special character cruise".

Darnit, I was really hoping we'd speed line getting the characters off the danged boats.
Regardless don’t expect them to leave the boats, flotillas very popular and have scored very highly so expect them to stay around.

WorldExplorer

Regardless don’t expect them to leave the boats, flotillas very popular and have scored very highly so expect them to stay around.
They've kept up the Donald's Dino-Bash and whatever Mickey and Minnie's hang out is called signs this whole time. I get if they want to keep some on the boats (I think Goofy's previous spot was demolished with Primeval Whirl), but I would hope at least some of them would eventually get back on land.

At least remove the signs if they're permanently cruising.

ToTBellHop

Traditional meet and greets begin to return to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Aulani on April 18th.
Begin to return? Let’s hope this isn’t another phased reopening. One new character per fiscal quarter?

Anyway, get ready guys! The Zootopia furry fans are rather tightly wound after 2 years without groping hugging.

CaptainAmerica

Traditional meet and greets begin to return to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Aulani on April 18th.
I get off the Magic on the 16th.
Begin to return? Let’s hope this isn’t another phased reopening. One new character per fiscal quarter?
I'm guessing fur/face split?
Anyway, get ready guys! The Zootopia furry fans are rather tightly wound after 2 years without groping hugging.
That's not very Inclusive of you.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

ToTBellHop

I think we've found the appropriate compromise.

Gay all the things, but furries aren't real people.

agreed-pirates.gif
It’s nothing against them. They have some sort of pathology. I just want the cast to be safe. I witnessed a particularly disturbing incident involving a man who was rather interested in Marie. Security was there in a snap, thankfully.

This is wonderful news, regardless. I just hope they have adequate security staff available.

A little sad for my kids—the pandemic ate the remaining “magic years” for them when they would have wanted to hug the characters. Now it is coasters all day!

EeyoreFan#24

I may be in the minority on this, but I would have been perfectly happy if this stayed distanced going forward with maybe some retooled experiences for kids areas or something where maybe distance was eliminated or reduced. Review and revamp some areas, but not a fan of the flip the switch back to the way it was approach.

CaptainAmerica

I may be in the minority on this, but I would have been perfectly happy if this stayed distanced going forward with maybe some retooled experiences for kids areas or something where maybe distance was eliminated or reduced. Review and revamp some areas, but not a fan of the flip the switch back to the way it was approach.
They didn't "flip a switch," it's been two years.

TestTrack

They didn't "flip a switch," it's been two years.
Precisely....why some people don't see the stupidity of some of these policies I never will realize. We wear masks on busses but not in lines...we are packed shoulder to shoulder and told to "fill all available space" in the haunted mansion but not on the monorail without a mask. It's all very silly and is just there to make some people feel like they are doing "something".

On this last trip it was my first time I was experiencing the new security where not every bag had to be searched. It was wonderful. Then we hopped parts midday and suddenly they had decided to search every bag. What is the point?

We have to all start interacting at some point...its been two years and it's time to move on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom