News Walt Disney World to eliminate self-service paper straws and plastic lids

BuddyThomas

Guess you just discovered Disney's next "you are the magic" entertainment offering. Cup races.

How many beers do you get served in wax paper cups? Or in tall 24oz paper cups?
The claim was that you will spill your drink all over the place if it doesn’t have a lid because of people bumping into you.

BuddyThomas

Again... How many beers do you get served in wax paper cups? Or in tall 24oz paper cups?

Do you not realize how the cups differ in rigidity and the difficulty in holding reliably differs as the cups get bigger?
Annnnnnnyway, this entire subject is ridiculous, and I have no interest in discussing it further. The person I responded to was claiming that people would bump into you and make you spill your lidless drink. I said that no one ever bumped into me and made me spill my lidless drink. And then the typical responses that I basically could have predicted and written myself. Have lots of fun. I’m out!

mousekedoc

Premium Member
There are lids and straws made from agave left over from tequila distillation. Some restaurants are using them in the Springs: they are globally available (I used 1 in Paris this past July). My point is viable green options are out there. This is just another BS cost reduction at our loss of convenience. This is the little stuff that chafes my inner thighs.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Annnnnnnyway, this entire subject is ridiculous, and I have no interest in discussing it further. The person I responded to was claiming that people would bump into you and make you spill your lidless drink. I said that no one ever bumped into me and made me spill my lidless drink. And then the typical responses that I basically could have predicted and written myself. Have lots of fun. I’m out!

Yes - when you compare completely different situations... you often get different outcomes... WHO KNEW??

Meanwhile.. I'm gonna jet instead of facing that reality! Cya!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Buddy, don't you agree that the chances of people bumping into you (in a crowded theme park) are high?, and that if you're carrying a lidless beverage and get bumped into, that you might spill some of it?

That's all I'm trying to convey, I'm not fighting you, or anyone over this.

BuddyThomas

Buddy, don't you agree that the chances of people bumping into you (in a crowded theme park) are high?, and that if you're carrying a lidless beverage and get bumped into, that you might spill some of it?

That's all I'm trying to convey, I'm not fighting you, or anyone over this.
I’ll just say for the three billionth time that I have not ever spilled a beverage in a theme park and regardless of what kind of cup it is in and whether it is lidless or not, I never will. You all know how much they charge for these drinks. I will protect them with my life. Such a wacky conversation.

mousekedoc

Premium Member
I’ll just say for the three billionth time that I have not ever spilled a beverage in a theme park and regardless of what kind of cup it is in and whether it is lidless or not, I never will. You all know how much they charge for these drinks. I will protect them with my life. Such a wacky conversation.
You’re listed as NYC but your tone is Boston. I’m not trying to pick a fight with you either, but “never” is a pretty powerful word

go Socks!

Splash4eva

We eat at the Captain America Diner (IOA) frequently because my son likes to get the chicken strips with milkshake meal. The first time we went his straw went to crap immediately and when I went up to get another one, they gave it to me but suggested a spoon because it was a known problem on their end.

One of those things where the employees knew the straws didn't work and a spoon would be better but they were supposed to serve it with the crappy straw and not the spoon - since the spoons are in the self-serve area.

... So to be fair, Disney's not the only one.
So a known issue is resolved by using a plastic spoon? Oh the irony of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom