• Walt Disney World® Half Marathon presented by Cigna® - SOLD OUT
  • Walt Disney World® 10K presented by Cigna® - SOLD OUT
  • Walt Disney World® 5K presented by Cigna® - SOLD OUT
  • Castaway Cay Challenge - 73%
  • Family Reunion Breakfast - 56%
  • Race Retreat - 55%
  • ChEAR Squad - 50%
  • runDisney Kids Races - 92%
And the full marathon has sold out. Hope any last minute stragglers registered in time.

Greenlawler

Medals look okay,

Hope they do a black shirt like they did for DL 10k this year.

This will be DW marathon #10, Goofy #9, and Dopey #3

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge, never done that before, we've been on the monorail the last decade...so anyone stay there before for the DW Marathon weekend? How were the buses? How early did you have to leave? Was traffic a problem?

Last edited:

Texas84

Medals look okay,

Hope they do a black shirt like they did for DL 10k this year.

This will be DW marathon #10, Goofy #9, and Dopey #3

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge, never done that before, we've been on the monorail the last decade...so anyone stay there before for the DW Marathon weekend? How were the buses? How early did you have to leave? Was traffic a problem?

Never stayed at WL but the buses from the All-Stars were no problem. I headed to the bus right when they started just to be sure.

dreamfinder

Never did WL, but basically allow a bit more time than you think you will need when using the buses. It depends on your comfort level. I can't say I recall hearing of people not making it to the start, but if you get on one of the later buses, there is the chance you will have to rush through bag check and not make it to your corral.

Greenlawler

Anyone see where Disney announced The Special Star Wars event at DHS will start Marathon Weekend :D

Seems like odd timing to start that event while the runners are there but I am not going to point that out to them:cautious:

Finally I get to attend a special event without making a separate special trip! Two for one!

Texas84

Anyone see where Disney announced The Special Star Wars event at DHS will start Marathon Weekend :D

Seems like odd timing to start that event while the runners are there but I am not going to point that out to them:cautious:

Finally I get to attend a special event without making a separate special trip! Two for one!

Nice. I get to see that Marathon weekend then see DLR's version the next weekend during their Star Wars race weekend. :)

jarodmcneill

I will be doing the Dopey Challenge with one of my friends. Not sure how they talked me into it, but here I am, not super prepared. I just ran the Avengers at Disneyland and am obviously running until January. Any tips on the challenge from those of you who have done it before. Things to do between the races to help my legs recover etc?

dreamfinder

I will be doing the Dopey Challenge with one of my friends. Not sure how they talked me into it, but here I am, not super prepared. I just ran the Avengers at Disneyland and am obviously running until January. Any tips on the challenge from those of you who have done it before. Things to do between the races to help my legs recover etc?

Plenty of rest, good refueling, and making sure you keep moving/stretching after each race. But perhaps most of all, proper pacing. Being not super prepared (I'm in a similar boat for this Dopey) plan on being 30-60 seconds off pace (or more) to keep yourself functioning.

Texas84

I ran the first three legs slower than usual. Did some park time after the 5K and 10K. Used the half to practice timing for water stops and energy shots. Stayed off my feet after the half (NO parks) and relaxed in the room, only coming out to eat.

Greenlawler

I am a proponent of the ice bath.

I made sure I did not lay around after the races. I have made that mistake before.

lukacseven

With any of the Disney "challenge" races, begin your recovery routine immediately after crossing the finish line preparing for the next race - stretching, hydrating, eating. Keep your pace/goals under control for the preliminary events (5k, 10k, half) - you're hopefully running to complete the challenge and aren't aiming to set a PR in any one of the races. Personally, I'm not a big ice bath person, but after the half and full, I like to get in the pool for abour 15-30 minutes followed by 10-15 in the hot tub - I know hot tub seems like a bad idea, but it helps me with loosening up muscles a few hours after running. I also find walking feels better than sitting - I tend to get stiff sitting too long. I also try to avoid standing stationary, like in long queue lines at the parks - this is probably the worst thing for me after long runs.

DocAlan02

I am someone who spends a lot of time studying my marathon courses before I run them. It's making me nutty that we still don't have the course and we are 6 weeks out. Has anyone heard any rumors?

dreamfinder

I am someone who spends a lot of time studying my marathon courses before I run them. It's making me nutty that we still don't have the course and we are 6 weeks out. Has anyone heard any rumors?

Well, slight updates to the 5k and 10k course were recently adjusted/published and can be seen here -> http://www.usatf.org/events/courses/maps/showMap.asp?courseID=FL14014TY and here -> http://www.usatf.org/events/courses/maps/showMap.asp?courseID=FL13019TY but yeah, nothing at all for the half/full. Under either course certifier they normally use or any random search terms I try. I'm wondering if they have measured them, but are awaiting confirmation of certification from USATF (seems to be a month or two turn around) before releasing anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom