News Walt Disney World Holiday Events 2023

Skywise

Have the park Christmas Trees always just been giant… “cones”?

(And Id really like to see the Mickey Wreath back on the Contemporary)

DisneyFanatic12

Is the Yhact Club display going to be a 3d display? I’m assuming so because it would be viewed from all angles, but I don’t find the flat displays to be very interesting. With the carousel at the Beach Club, I’m wondering what they’ll do! They have some competition with the other side of the resort complex!

peter11435

Where? I know they used to do the display by BOMA. But hadn't seen anything in December when we stay there each year for a while. How have I missed this? hahahahaha
In the back of the lobby near the stairs.

1698088579558.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm pretty surprised it's still Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. They've not changed it to "Holidays Party" yet.

Soon.
The "Holiday" parade sings "It's Christmastime" about a thousand times over.

Minnie's holiday fireworks has "Christmas" in the name and includes music from Christian carols. And this was a rather recent update to the fireworks.

Not to mention the explicitly religious readings from the Gospels and sacred song that's included in the Candlelight Processional that's not only in EPCOT, but also in DL.

Try as you might to paint Disney as likely to join "the war on Christmas," the facts belay that conspiracy theory.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
*In general* each year's holiday decorations and festivities improve each year. At least, that was the way it was pre-pandemic.

It seemed that as long as WDW kept last year's decorations in a safe place and not under some tent, they used their holiday budget to add to what happened the previous year.

The pandemic obviously changed that. And what was being used four years ago may have aged out due to wear and tear. But over the past five years, we've seen updates to the fireworks shows (adding projections) and decorations.

If you get a chance, go thru Living with the Land at nght this Christmastide. They've been adding and adding every year. It's now pretty much a Christmas show.

While I do miss the "D-Lights," the projections that prettify the castle during HEA are just fantastic.

1698116502928.png
1698116578104.png

Just look what can be done before the D-Lights were turned on.

Tho, it would still be nicer to have them. Our insider told us it was a possibility but got budget-cut. Maybe next year's budget.

Touchdown

*In general* each year's holiday decorations and festivities improve each year. At least, that was the way it was pre-pandemic.

It seemed that as long as WDW kept last year's decorations in a safe place and not under some tent, they used their holiday budget to add to what happened the previous year.

The pandemic obviously changed that. And what was being used four years ago may have aged out due to wear and tear. But over the past five years, we've seen updates to the fireworks shows (adding projections) and decorations.

If you get a chance, go thru Living with the Land at nght this Christmastide. They've been adding and adding every year. It's now pretty much a Christmas show.

While I do miss the "D-Lights," the projections that prettify the castle during HEA are just fantastic.

View attachment 750568View attachment 750569

Just look what can be done before the D-Lights were turned on.

Tho, it would still be nicer to have them. Our insider told us it was a possibility but got budget-cut. Maybe next year's budget.

You missed the best one. The stained glass castle, which did some reason I can’t import.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom