Walking between Epcot and Disney-MGM Studios

Simba One

Original Poster
On one day of our October trip, I'm thinking about trying something that we haven't done before. I thought it might be fun to walk from the Studios to the Boardwalk and then on to Epcot. I've never seen the Boardwalk area and thought it might be a nice stroll.

Anybody do this before? I'm just curious whether it is a long mile and a half or if it seems like a pleasant walk.

Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's a very nice walk. I have done it many times, for both a stroll, and a speed walk to get to a park quickly, and I highly recommend it. :)

Wilt Dasney

wdwmagic said:
It's a very nice walk. I have done it many times, for both a stroll, and a speed walk to get to a park quickly, and I highly recommend it. :)

I second that. It's relaxing and scenic. You'll barely realize you've been walking the full distance before you're at the International Gateway.

all41

I like taking the boat. If you aren't in a hurry, that's a fun ride but its slower than walking, mostly because of the Yacht/Beach/Swan-Dolphin stops.

ILOVEDISNEY

wdwmagic said:

Steve, as wdwmagic creator your replies don't show up very often, yet it says you have over 3,275. Do you use an alias sometimes? Also, is there a history or timeline of wdwmagic? I would like to read/see the growth of this wonderful site. I discovered this site a couple of years ago by doing a search of Disney sites. How glad I am to have found it. :sohappy:

P.S. My wife and I have walked from EPCOT to the Boardwalk, but took the boat back to EPCOT. How far is it from Boardwalk to MGM?

tigsmom

ILOVEDISNEY said:
Steve, as wdwmagic creator your replies don't show up very often, yet it says you have over 3,275. Do you use an alias sometimes? Also, is there a history or timeline of wdwmagic? I would like to read/see the growth of this wonderful site. I discovered this site a couple of years ago by doing a search of Disney sites. How glad I am to have found it. :sohappy:

P.S. My wife and I have walked from EPCOT to the Boardwalk, but took the boat back to EPCOT. How far is it from Boardwalk to MGM?

I know you asked Steve the question but I came across this not too long ago...very nice article...

WDWMAGIC article

Gwen

We generally stay at the Swan or Dolphin Hotel and walk to both Epcot and MGM on a regular basis. The walk from the hotel usually takes us approximately 10 - 15 minutes either way. This is at an easy pace. The scenery is beautiful and it is kind of relaxing because you are away from the crowds of people for a little while which gives you time to gather your thoughts. The Boardwalk is a great place to go after the Parks closes, but during the daytime, there is not much activity going on. Try the walk. You wan't regret it. :wave:

WDWFREAK53

The walk is awesome! (Plus...if you're trying to catch Illuminations after Fantasmic or vice versa...that's the only way to go!)

Warning...it seems that the area in front of the ESPN Club is the hottest spot in all of WDW :lol:

ILOVEDISNEY

tigsmom said:
I know you asked Steve the question but I came across this not too long ago...very nice article...

WDWMAGIC article

Thanx for the link. It was a great article--just what I was looking for. The article was dated in 2/2003. There have been many changes to the site seen then. I cast my vote as "Best WDW Site in the World."

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I concur with everyone else, it's a beautiful walk. Took us about 30 minutes to walk it. The only thing good about the boats is getting off of your feet and into air conditioning on hot days.

tigsmom

WDWFREAK53 said:
Warning...it seems that the area in front of the ESPN Club is the hottest spot in all of WDW :lol:

I love sitting at a table by the window & seeing the people press their face up to the glass to see the tvs. :p

sarajo

It's a very nice walk- very pleasant. We prefer it over waiting for a boat or a bus- and it really doesn't seem to take any longer than riding the boat. Also, it's usually quiet (at least when we've walked it) and a nice way to decompress after spending time around a lot of people in one park and before being around a lot of people in the other park! I think you'll enjoy it!

BTW.. I think it took us around 20-25 minutes to walk it at a comfortable pace- not too fast, but not too slow, either!

Figment1986

where is ISTCrew?? he walked this barefotted before... I have never done it but did ride the boat... nice jurney... pleasent...

I may walk this next time...

diddy_mouse

i would liked to have done the walk, but we took the boat which was also nice. we did however walk from the Boardwalk to the Dolphin (i think) it was very pretty at night with everything lit up. and the weather was beautiful...i highly recommend the walk! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom