• Yacht club

• Polynesian

• Grand Floridian

• Contemporary

• Swan

• Dolphin

Results are only viewable after voting.

lostpro9het

From all the reports and threats I've read buses have great timings at AKL especially as only one main pick up point
This! I've been during a week of F&W and the week of Christmas and never had a long wait or had to wait for a second bus while at Kidani or Jambo. I don't doubt some people may have had a bad bus day but I don't believe AKL buses are as bad as the rap they get.

Pluto15

Original Poster
125 votes cast and AKL soars in the lead with almost a third of all the votes!

2nd is currently wilderness lodge

It's great to see the two lodges so far ahead in the lead.

Let see if we an get to 200 votes and see how the votes are the spread.

Pluto15

Original Poster
AKL??! Bleh.

More people have stayed there, being it is a cheaper Deluxe and has many more rooms than most Resorts. Commparing it to BoardWalk Inn, which has so few rooms, comparitively.

The poll isn't where most people have stayed it's which one is favourite. It's not the largest deluxe resort room wise and not any cheaper than a number of the deluxe. I'm surprised just how far I the lead it is but not because it doesn't deserve to be just that a lot of the time everyone praises the loop MK resorts.

surfsupdon

The poll isn't where most people have stayed it's which one is favourite. It's not the largest deluxe resort room wise and not any cheaper than a number of the deluxe. I'm surprised just how far I the lead it is but not because it doesn't deserve to be just that a lot of the time everyone praises the loop MK resorts.

But because it has more rooms, it has the ability to hold many more people. And the cheapest room here is much cheaper than at a MK or Epcot Deluxe cheapest room. $320 at AKL vs $429 at BWI, standard room value season.

Or maybe it is just a favorite Resort?! I cannot imagine how tht is though :)

DisneyJunkie

Tie between Wilderness Lodge and Polynesian. Both are beautiful resorts and in both I've always had a great stay. I've stayed in Boardwalk once too, and it was ok, but there was too much walking involved and it was too far from MK. I've walked through GF and definitely wouldn't stay there. It has a pretty facade, but is definitely cheaply made from what I observed......and it's not my taste. Hoping to give the Contemporary a try eventually.

Pluto15

Original Poster
But because it has more rooms, it has the ability to hold many more people. And the cheapest room here is much cheaper than at a MK or Epcot Deluxe cheapest room. $320 at AKL vs $429 at BWI, standard room value season.

Or maybe it is just a favorite Resort?! I cannot imagine how tht is though :)[/QUOTe

I'm not sure it has more rooms than GF or some other deluxe :)

JohnWD

I am at AKL now and am somewhat disappointed. The bus transportation is terrible. I would pick the dolphin over AKL.

Buses are hit or miss. If you have bad luck or good luck, it makes a big impression. For those of us who don't like the busses, being within walking distance of a park is huge! That's why BWV (with the Boardwalk activities) and BLT are our favorites!

Pluto15

Original Poster
That will be our next resort area.... We sat at the bus area for 25 minutes today and no buses came for any destination!

I think with so many routes and this and buses at times there can be waits at all the resorts. I've have short waits at all the resorts I've stated but long ones too. I think disney try to improve where possible but the logistics are hard to ensure a consistent service 365 days a year. I've never waited longer than 15/20 min though at any resort.

pinnacle06

I have stayed at many resorts as well including many deluxes. I think at a deluxe I expect to have frequent bus service. It is just not happening. Combine that with the distance and it makes hard to pick AKL over other deluxes.

On a side note, the undertaker is at this hotel and that made me trip

pinnacle06

Sitting here waiting for an Epcot bus and finally see one after 30 min... Yayyyyy! Wait a minute, what is this, completely packed! Back to the bench for my wife and I. In the meantime, the 4th bus for down town Disney arrives. This is ridiculous.

HouCuseChickie

How bad of a wait for busses to DAK and DHS? A nightmare?

Not usually. Busses start an hour before park opening. We've never had a major issue with them.

The buses for all WDW resorts start between 6:30-6:45a depending on resort. When we stayed at AKL, they were a 6:45a resort as far as first bus goes. The bus service at AKL, in general, was great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom