• Polynesian

• Grand Floridian

• Contemporary

• Swan

• Dolphin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pluto15

Original Poster
With over 300 votes cast the two lodges still remain the front runners. It would be great to have any additional votes

My husband and I stayed at the GF for honeymoon, as well as the Beach Club. GF was spectacular - they upgraded us to Concierge Level and gave us a view of the Castle. (I cried.) Beach Club's proximity to Epcot, as well as the pool, was fantastic.

But last year, we stayed at the Boardwalk, and I can't put my finger on it - it was literally amazing. I don't know EXACTLY why - of course the CMs were so nice, the room was right down the hall from the lobby/bus stop/Boardwalk, the walk to Epcot was short....everything was lovely. But it just gave us a ... feeling. Is that weird?

Does anyone else feel that way? There's just a FEELING you get from the resort?

JusticeDisney

I wasn't sure what the swan and dolphin would come out as result wise with not being WDW resorts but surprised at how low they have polled. I have never stayed there as enjoy all the disney perks like DME and transportation but looks like that has a major impact with the majority.

The answer is plain and simple. Disney snobbery! Seriously, if the Swan and Dolphin were Disney owned, they would poll right near the top. Their pool is second to only Stormalong in all of Disney World. Their restaurants blow every other resort out of the water. The location is fantastic. The price is better than almost every other deluxe, by a mile. Oh, but you can't open your room door with a magic band, so forget it. Lol! And please spare me the convention feel argument. The Yacht Club and Contemporary also host tons of conventions. Now, if you want to criticize the Swan and Dolohin for not having a unique theme, okay you've got me there. Of course, neither does the Contemporary.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I think the Wilderness Lodge's popularity will subside as long as the DVC construction is in place and I dont know if it'll recover afterwards. Instead of Woodland View rooms, you have Construction View rooms. A whole tier of guests will be slapped in front of everyone else's Bay Lake experience.

DisneyDebNJ

The answer is plain and simple. Disney snobbery! Seriously, if the Swan and Dolphin were Disney owned, they would poll right near the top. Their pool is second to only Stormalong in all of Disney World. Their restaurants blow every other resort out of the water. The location is fantastic. The price is better than almost every other deluxe, by a mile. Oh, but you can't open your room door with a magic band, so forget it. Lol! And please spare me the convention feel argument. The Yacht Club and Contemporary also host tons of conventions. Now, if you want to criticize the Swan and Dolohin for not having a unique theme, okay you've got me there. Of course, neither does the Contemporary.
I have to respectfully disagree.. for many, including myself, DME is a huge perk, and the rooms at the Swalphin, I feel are a lot smaller than I'm used to on Disney property. Also, being a big fan of the dining plan, I like everything paid for before arrival.

JusticeDisney

I have to respectfully disagree.. for many, including myself, DME is a huge perk, and the rooms at the Swalphin, I feel are a lot smaller than I'm used to on Disney property. Also, being a big fan of the dining plan, I like everything paid for before arrival.

Well, I have to grant you the dining plan and DME. I don't use either of those options so that's never a big deal to me. I can, however, understand why it would be to some. As for the size of the rooms, you can literally get a suite at the SD for less than a standard room at the YC/BC, Boardwalk, GF, Poly and many others. So I must disagree with you there.

DisneyDebNJ

Well, I have to grant you the dining plan and DME. I don't use either of those options so that's never a big deal to me. I can, however, understand why it would be to some. As for the size of the rooms, you can literally get a suite at the SD for less than a standard room at the YC/BC, Boardwalk, GF, Poly and many others. So I must disagree with you there.
To each their own :) I think it just comes down to preference, and no choices given are bad :)

lostpro9het

Sell me on the AK Lodge please! I have toured it and I just don't find it attracting for my family. What am I missing?
If you toured it and didn't find it attracting then there is no reason to sell you on it, it's probably not for you or your family. Nothing wrong with that. We love it, of course we also don't care for BWV but in the same hand really enjoy BCV, go figure. Different strokes for different folks...

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
Boardwalk & Grand Floridian. It's so hard for me to choose between the two; they're both so beautiful! I haven't had the chance to stay in either yet, so maybe once I do it'll help me tip the scale :happy:

Chezman1399

For years, Poly was my absolute favorite resort and I never wanted to or had any need to stay at Grand Floridian. Now it's tough to stay anywhere else besides the GF. At least from VGF you have easy access to the spa, GF and Poly restaurants/pools, quick trip to MK, great views of MK for fireworks thoughout the property, and pretty easy access, in my opinion, to the Epcot monorail either switching at TTC or walking through the Poly. On top of all that the rooms are beautiful.

LIMA TIME

Wilderness lodge. I have all stayed at poly, grand Floridian and contemporary. Poly was my hands down favorite, until I stayed at wilderness lodge last May. Was hands down the best. The boat is easy and convienient to MK, pool is wonderful, and atmosphere is relaxing. Our group was a 5 year old, 2 30 something's, and grandmother in her late 60's, and everyone loved it. Love it so much we are going back in Sept.

Pluto15

Original Poster
I'm at AKL just now and having been round the deluxe resort hopping can see why AKL is the favourite. Even if they were all evenly priced I would choose here. The atmosphere theming and lobby and pool areas are amazing. The cast members from Africa are great to meet and talk too. I could speak to them all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom