Volcano Bay

rushtest4echo

The most recent look at the park that I can find.

The kiddie play area is almost done. Does anyone know if this is a custom installation? I can't seem to match the specific layout to one of their offered models. I can't find a spot for a dark ride portion on the hydromagnetic but I'm still holding out hope that I'm missing something. I haven't had a good look inside the Volcano and probably won't until those outer staircases are finished. Still hoping the three standalone towers get more than bamboo handrails, thatched, roofs and vinyl art in the way of theming.

Expect a huge amount of foliage to arrive at the park over the next few days.

rushtest4echo

^ The wall seems quite upset over this whole thing. ;) I'm going to end my discussion with the wall. I concede that this park will be the first to combine elements from other parks into a fantastic offering that's sure to be one of the best water parks on earth, period. It'll be right up there with the others who do similar things.

Back to the park though-

I won't be in the park for a few more weeks again, but even going by construction pictures it appears that there's a lot to do still for a park that's 60 days away from opening. Water parks always tend to look super unfinished right up till they're open, but Universal's bringing a lot of stuff to the table that will need fine tuning. The slides are all good to go, but those have been good to go for quite some time other than test & adjust.

How much test and adjust going to be needed for the first park that has ever tried to eliminate queues?

Not trying to imply that they're behind or that they don't know what they're doing. Just trying to understand how it's all going to come together and work well within the next 60 days. It doesn't look like there will be much time for soft opens or any other type of large scale testing for at least another month.

It's not just the park either, it's also shuttling 7,000 people across the resort and finding parking for them when those structures already fill up on a busy day. Anyone have ideas as to how the parking situation is going to function?

Disneyhead'71

^ The wall seems quite upset over this whole thing. ;) I'm going to end my discussion with the wall. I concede that this park will be the first to combine elements from other parks into a fantastic offering that's sure to be one of the best water parks on earth, period. It'll be right up there with the others who do similar things.

Back to the park though-

I won't be in the park for a few more weeks again, but even going by construction pictures it appears that there's a lot to do still for a park that's 60 days away from opening. Water parks always tend to look super unfinished right up till they're open, but Universal's bringing a lot of stuff to the table that will need fine tuning. The slides are all good to go, but those have been good to go for quite some time other than test & adjust.

How much test and adjust going to be needed for the first park that has ever tried to eliminate queues?

Not trying to imply that they're behind or that they don't know what they're doing. Just trying to understand how it's all going to come together and work well within the next 60 days. It doesn't look like there will be much time for soft opens or any other type of large scale testing for at least another month.

It's not just the park either, it's also shuttling 7,000 people across the resort and finding parking for them when those structures already fill up on a busy day. Anyone have ideas as to how the parking situation is going to function?
(Bolded) Then what's your flippin' point?

So they went around the planet choosing the best of the best, and then add their own innovations. And you just and moan about it.

Delightful.

Mike S

Sometimes I wish Universal fandom had higher expectations than merely being better than Disney. It doesn't even need to be good anymore, just better than Disney.

The constant comparisons need to be put to rest. Criticisms don't need to revert back into this perceived us vs them war. It's starting to turn into the 14 year olds bickering about their preferred video game platform.
Nintendo's the best :p

Quinnmac000

Thanks for posting this! I was excited reading the blog post, but the video was a bit disappointing. A burger with fries and a chicken sandwich? Not necessarily revolutionary. However, at the bottom of the article they did have a picture of sushi. Not sure why they didn't mention that in the video! I'm still excited about doing dinner at VB and watching the volcano. I hope that doesn't disappoint.

THey aren't going to show you all 64 delicious dishes!

Quinnmac000

You know, interestingly enough- I'm pretty surprised at the vegan salad picture too- thats gotta be one of the best vegan offerings I've seen at any park in Orlando (sans hotels, of course). Not that I care, as I'm eating meat- but my wife will like it.

I'm curious which will accept the dining plan as I'm heading there in September and will take advantage of the buy one get one 50% off promo they always have.

OU has a good write-up:
http://orlandounited.com/2017/03/un...s-first-look-at-volcano-bay-food-restaurants/

And here are all the Menus
Kohola Reef Restaurant & Social Club
https://ww2.universalorlando.com/we...ining/Kohola-Reef-Restaurant-Social/menu.html
Whakawaiwa Eats
https://ww2.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/dining/Whakawaiwa-Eats/menu.html
Bambu
https://ww2.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/dining/bambu/menu.html
The Feasting Frog
https://ww2.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/dining/The-Feasting-Frog/menu.html

1/8 of their meals and non dessert snacks are vegan which is a lot more than some places!

DDLand

http://blog.universalorlando.com/food/volcano-bay-food-reveal/

Looks like VB will be getting unique food, so excited!
I take it back. After looking at that food this is a Water Theme Park!

;)

Though in seriousness it looks good. I approve. Is it just me, or is Orlando in general getting better food? Walt Disney World is offering more variety, especially at Magic Kingdom. Disney Springs has an abundance of great offerings. Universal has made strides with Potter and several other areas offerings exciting new food choices. They've improved and diversified Citywalk. Now this.

Great!

I feel like this is a healthy trend! (Or unhealthy of you're trying to keep calories low)

trr1

found here
Volcano Bay Cabana Rentals, Premium Seating, Universal Express details revealed
Universal Orlando has revealed the details for Cabana Rentals, Premium Seating, and Universal Express for Universal’s Volcano Bay Water Theme Park.

Cabana Rentals at Universal’s Volcano Bay
Relax, unwind and enjoy the charms of your own private cabana in paradise with extra-comfy seating, concierge service and more. Each retreat offers padded lounge chairs, a small refrigerator stocked with bottled water, complimentary fruit and snack basket, towel and locker service, plus concierge service with an exclusive menu of food and drink delivered directly to the cabana. One-story and two-story retreats are located throughout the park.

Premium Seating at Universal’s Volcano Bay
Relax with the comfort and convenience of reserved seating for the day. Includes a pair of padded loungers with an adjustable shade canopy and a built-in storage lockbox. Plus, you can enjoy the services of an area attendant who’ll see to your food and drink orders.

Universal Express at Volcano Bay
Universal Express™ lets you slide past the Virtual Line™ at participating attractions at Universal’s Volcano Bay™ (opening May 25, 2017). There’s no need to stop by the attractions ahead of time and receive a scheduled return time—you can get to the ride when you want.

rushtest4echo

Yes that's why Disney World is now testing the same thing at their water parks

Fastpass is free, express is not
Disney is still using normal queues, Universal is not
Universal is advertising the elimination of queues as "innovative", yet people will need to queue up behind the unlimited Express users

If even 15 express pass users want to do the largest drop slide at Universal, then that's going to be at least 10 minutes that others with "reservations" will need to wait while express users walk past them. Unless they're just planning on having express pass users stand in the same queue as the reserved people who are arriving. Either way, it's a queue. Maybe a reduced one (which I'm all for), but a queue nonetheless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom